Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think i don't enjoy gaming anymore.

13»

Comments

• TzavokTzavok Member UncommonPosts: 52
    edited November 2016
    Guys, the number was an exaggeration, maybe i should have made it more clear haha, but if i had to give a real number, i would say 1k games, easily, most of these were Android games, which are really bad, like really really bad, i was browsing through my installed games (and then uninstalled) and i couldn't find an end to the list lol. PC and Console games would be closer to 100 or so.

I think i agree with most people's opinions, i am burnt out of gaming and i think i should stop, at least mostly, i'll keep playing some co-op with friends, but that's it, i will completely stop looking for "the perfect game". I have more important things to worry about anyways, like my family.

Thanks to everyone for giving their opinions, really appreciated.

• ann4ann4 Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Celcius said:
    Honestly I would take a break from games. Start reading more, take up comic books, watch more tv, ect. Moderate games a bit and strike a better life - gaming balance. I have found that in times where I can't find any games fun it is more of my mind set then the games themselves. One other thing I find that helps me is if I can find one game I can latch onto for a long time it helps me a ton in exploring other games a bit. It can help if it is an older game you enjoyed as well. 

I think games have changed significantly over the years and there are so many different kinds of games available to play that it can be overwhelming to find ones you enjoy. 
    I second this. 

Take a break and see how you feel in a couple of months :D
    Hiya!  Would you date a gamer girl? Look at the page I made. Hope you like!  <3 
  • caine6621caine6621 Member UncommonPosts: 210
    Tzavok said:
    waynejr2 said:
    In a book I was looked at there was a bit about having a more full life.  If you have one thing in your life and you lose it, you will be depressed and go through what you are going through. Plus there is a good chance you will be obsessed with that one thing. 

Now imagine if you had twenty things in your life and you lose one of them.  Sure you would be sad about that one thing but you have so much more going on.  I recommend not putting gaming as the only thing in your basket of life.  Take a long bread from gaming.

That's why i said Gaming depression, because i don't have real depression haha, it was just a way to say it, i have a daughter, my girlfriend, a job, social life, which make me really happy, this is more about my hobby not being interesting anymore, i am (was?) really passionate about gaming, it was that thing i was really good at and i enjoyed a lot, but now i can't seem to enjoy it anymore and i don't know why.
    I am not saying you do but the inability to enjoy something you once loved is actually a sign of depression.  It's called adhedonia.  There is a possibility that your "gaming depression" could actually be real depression.

I have it and it is brutal.  I will pick up games, games that I know I will love, start them and lose interest after about 5 min (I only played Fallout 4 once after I pre-purchased it because I loved Fallout 3)

Again, not saying this is what is happening in your case but just a polite heads up

There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Tiller said:
    I feel you.

It's getting harder and harder to care about MMO's when developers keep gift wrapping their turds, trying to sell them as gold.
    Naw it's a turd, they just sell you the bedazzling trinkets to make it a sparkly turd in their cash shops.
    lol
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    For me i just don't take them seriously anymore. When it comes to mmo's i've been playing them since 2000. I refuse to pay subs. anymore for the same crap i've been doing since 2000. I laugh at all the hype some of them get on sites like this. Your still doing the same thing since the genre launched. For me this is the only way i can play them anymore. The only thing i do in them is the Story/quest stuff and exploring the game world nothing else. And don't care if a get to max level. If i get bored i quit. Every game on the horizon coming soon is the same thing. Until someone brings something new i can't care to much anymore.
  • Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Loke666 said:
    Have you tried gaming + beer?  That's a shortcut to satisfaction!  ;)
    While that can be amusing it wouldn't be something I replace ordinary gaming with. Besides for it to be fun you need a few more persons to lan with, being drunk and game alone is just sad.
    That depends on how active one's imagination is!  But I agree insofar as it's always more with friends.
    I know where it broke down ,why MMORPG's are sick and in downfall atm.

When you think about it, not really that complicated.

rushing, rushing for top levels, for top tiers, for best gear, for last dungeon ,ignoring the social aspect altogether, making calculated use of matchmaking systems, ignoring each and every interesting thing becouse you are on tight schedule to keep up to other players, not communicating if not absolutely necessary for mechanics becouse you must work work work.

Pushing players around into artificial content of repetetive grind instead of allowing them to choose their own path and be as important and calculated at start of the game as well as later in it, crafting relation that streches far before max levels, and level equalisation for certain zones, and pvp ,like it was in GW2 and Rift, Mentor modes ,like it was in Rift, and few other things, to bring all levels and corners of the world players together instead of apart.

Pushing players to party instead of tangle content solo, making better rewards for creative and party approach.
    Crafting that has its limits at limits of imagination.

That is what Archeage is to me, or at least should be, if perfected once upon a time.

I sure hope sandbox games tread this path.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    Not any surprise, been drained of games but especially MMO's. Usually waiting for stuff worth more long-term play side of the casual games you play from start to finish, or casually.
  • BarbieBoyBarbieBoy Member UncommonPosts: 85
    What I can suggest to you is to not get too much attached to a game. It's only a game like in a basketball it will be over in one hour. The only constant thing is this world is change. Be it a new tech, trend or game story line, it will soon be over. But, the experience that you encountered, the people you have met and the laughter and agony that you have endured, those things will stay with you. Keep it and share it to others.