Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

State of game (regarding PvP mostly)

ManasuManasu Member UncommonPosts: 212
edited September 2016 in ArcheAge
Hey peeps,

I played ArcheAge for quite a long time in the past but some things drove me away... The most important was stunlock PvP, like 80% of the server was specced as "Primalist" (if I remember correct) and PvP battles would usually last 5 seconds, even if you had good gear.
I remember it as a stunlock combo fest with no skill included,

How's that now? Have they fixed PvP? Is it more balanced now?
Also is it the same situation with potions? The CD is a few seconds and you can buy them from cash shop too?

And lastly how's the general state of the game? Population, new activities/features etc?

P.S: Do farm animals move now? Or they just stand there as you place them, like statue or soldiers...
Sandbox MMORPGs that are not very well-known but definitely worth a look:

Ryzom, Haven and Hearth, Xsyon, The Repopulation, UO private shards, Mortal Online, Darkfall 1 remakes (New Dawn or Rise of Agon), RPG MO, Project Gorgon, EQ: Sanctuary (custom  server)
Post edited by Manasu on

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Anyone have any insight?I am interested.
  • FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Manasu said:
    Hey peeps,

I played ArcheAge for quite a long time in the past but some things drove me away... The most important was stunlock PvP, like 80% of the server was specced as "Primalist" (if I remember correct) and PvP battles would usually last 5 seconds, even if you had good gear.
    I remember it as a stunlock combo fest with no skill included,

How's that now? Have they fixed PvP? Is it more balanced now?
    Also is it the same situation with potions? The CD is a few seconds and you can buy them from cash shop too?

And lastly how's the general state of the game? Population, new activities/features etc?

P.S: Do farm animals move now? Or they just stand there as you place them, like statue or soldiers...
    Disregard, posted by someone who knows next to nothing about the game.

PvP right now is more balanced than its ever been as long as you arent affected by stupid skill queue bugs. 3.0 will defintiely bring a new shift in the meta with Abyss skills and penetration and shields being adjusted. I still wouldnt advise going archer until 3.0 fleshes out, but good news is that songcraft and vitalism dps specs are now viable since the crit proc now applies to melle and ranged rather than just magic. 3.0 Gonna be fooking awesome, especially with the servers being strictly controlled to negate prior wealth. There has never been a better time to come back to AA, honestly, the only good sub sandbox mmo on the market currently (outside of EVE).
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    This....

Image result for throw money away picture
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    General rule of thumb.  Don't play Archeage unless....

• farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Really ?!

reality  check : i have never spend anymore then my monthlöy sub for patron (which i do voluntary cause i could play for years free with patron) .

on topic, OP   enter the game, is free and you can check out for yourselve.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    farbege said:
    Really ?!

reality  check : i have never spend anymore then my monthlöy sub for patron (which i do voluntary cause i could play for years free with patron) .

No one is disputing that you can play the game without paying a thing, and the 'sub' option does improve the game a lot, but at the same time i don't think anyone is under any illusions that if you want to compete with others in PVP, then laying down significant $$ is not an option, its a necessity.
    The jokes might be somewhat pointed, but, they are a true reflection of the situation. :o
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    farbege said:
    Really ?!

not really since the best way to make money is trade run, and to have mats to do the trade run you need to collect things in your farm, and for that you need a sub, to make money you need a sub and let the char afk till you reagain it all, so you have to have a sub to the game be even playeable, then we ahve the problem with the crafting mats never dropping, and the need to upgrade the gear to a higher grade if not its useless, if was already ahrd to keep up against some cashers before I can undertand now would be almost impossible, unless you spend money, cash shop is a pay to win, buy thing there and you can upgrade and carft what you need , if not good luck. and i'm not even touching the land problem trion really never cared to even try to solve, the server mergers, the skills they fucked up, taking years to put that skill queue and even so that thing is bugged.

so not the good for arche age was 1.0 when it was p2p with no cash shop, after that you can just bury it, is not worth the time I spend and the money spend on it
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    edited November 2016
    DMKano said:
    filmoret said:
    This....

Again misinformed based on outdated info. check out 3.0 new fresh start servers, money wont buy much of anything with removal of labor pots and other items that would boost progression.
    OH...  Not sure if I can completely trust that though.  And not sure if I feel like dumping another 100 hours into the game before I find out its not true.  And I'm not getting anything on 3.0 outside of Korean servers and some leaked information in reddit.
  • maybebakedmaybebaked Member UncommonPosts: 305
    filmoret said:
    DMKano said:
    Again misinformed based on outdated info. check out 3.0 new fresh start servers, money wont buy much of anything with removal of labor pots and other items that would boost progression.
    OH...  Not sure if I can completely trust that though.  And not sure if I feel like dumping another 100 hours into the game before I find out its not true.
    You can't trust him to give an objective opinion on a Trion game.
  • Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    edited November 2016
    Phry said:
    farbege said:
    Really ?!

No one is disputing that you can play the game without paying a thing, and the 'sub' option does improve the game a lot, but at the same time i don't think anyone is under any illusions that if you want to compete with others in PVP, then laying down significant $$ is not an option, its a necessity.
    The jokes might be somewhat pointed, but, they are a true reflection of the situation. :o
    A realist! Wait, people like you still arent extinct? xD

As i've previously stated in another thread, no way can you be in the top ~3% without much much money invested, BUT ,you can be fairly competetive and get to top 10% if you are smart :)

Just consider this, so many f2p players were waiting for a fresh start and they are ready to storm into a fresh economy and world they can make impact in. Well damn, many of those  f2p rookies are so gonna get their asses kicked by veteran f2p players that they will cry about P2w for years to come :D
    If you catch my drift, knowledge and skill IS power.

Sure even if you have solid gear ,and skills, you will occasionally die to some random superman, but hey, no one can tell you anything, for as F2P player to be solid ,in a ruthless game like Archeage, you must have some l33t skillz.
    And that my friend ,is an archievement on its own.

Cheers ;)
    edited November 2016
    Phry said:
    farbege said:
    Really ?!

A realist! Wait, people like you still arent extinct? xD

As i've previously stated in another thread, no way can you be in the top ~3% without much much money invested, BUT ,you can be fairly competetive and get to top 10% if you are smart :)

Just consider this, so many f2p players were waiting for a fresh start and they are ready to storm into a fresh economy and world they can make impact in. Well damn, many of those  f2p rookies are so gonna get their asses kicked by veteran f2p players that they will cry about P2w for years to come :D
    If you catch my drift, knowledge and skill IS power.

Sure even if you have solid gear ,and skills, you will occasionally die to some random superman, but hey, no one can tell you anything, for as F2P player to be solid ,in a ruthless game like Archeage, you must have some l33t skillz.
    And that my friend ,is an archievement on its own.

Cheers ;)
    We get what you are saying.  Maybe they fixed some things and the game actually works now.  From our point of view this is what happened.  They made some really boneheaded mistakes.  I mean things an 8 year old child would have known better.  Then they refused to make any changes to correct those mistakes for over a year.  And the changes they did make were to drive players towards the cash shop.  Didn't care at all the players were already paying a sub.  So you can see why there are so many people reluctant to give this game another shot.  Even though we all agree it had the potential to be the best mmorpg ever created.