Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star CitizenSchedule, 2.6 release aimed at 8th Dec.

MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
edited November 2016 in Star Citizen
So CIG just released their internal schedules for the next update, to be updated on a weekly basis and showing in more depth what needs to be done until it reaches it's release; as well of sharing progress on each team and their deadlines; also released the global estimate for the release.

Current Next Release: 2.6

First release for Evocati on 18th, first PTU invites planned still during this month.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

Post edited by MaxBacon on

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited November 2016
    Just did edit to make it about the actual new Production Schedule; as it seems it's not locked to 2.6 and it should be used for future updates.

A one more open way as it has been requested by the community on recent times to share the status of the next update to the game; as well making their internal deadlines for tasks and the release public.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Now let's see if they can actually stick to their deadlines. Delays are expected but they have a history of having horrible estimates
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Kefo said:
    Now let's see if they can actually stick to their deadlines. Delays are expected but they have a history of having horrible estimates

I would hope they could hit a date a month out. I think that's akin to hitting a barn with a baseball from 6 feet.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Looking forward for 2.7 and the "road map" : 

01 - 01 - 2017 ------------2.7----------- 31/12/2017

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    CrazKanuk said:
    Kefo said:

I would hope they could hit a date a month out. I think that's akin to hitting a barn with a baseball from 6 feet.

Remember 'Star Marine going to be out in a few weeks -- a month, tops!'? 

It could happen with 2.6, I guess, especially if it's rushed and buggy. 

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    the SM that they have shown in their stream looked like a reskinned standard Cry3 FPS

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Kefo said:
    If the deadline gets moved, you will see it in the Production Schedule in real time.

Interesting move by CIG. But as they said ... whatever they do, someone will ALWAYS complain.

Have fun
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    That SQ42 release date set yet? No? Ok, I'll check back next year. What a joke.
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    edited November 2016
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
    If the deadline gets moved, you will see it in the Production Schedule in real time.

Interesting move by CIG. But as they said ... whatever they do, someone will ALWAYS complain.

Have fun
    they change it on a daily base, and plan to give a weekly update > this is not realtime.
    We'll see how this plays out maybe like the StarMarine weekly status update schedule in 2015 maybe not.

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

they change it on a daily base,
    You know this from a primary source, of course ?!

Or is this - most likely - your own personal guess(timate)

Have fun
    edited November 2016
    they change it on a daily base, and plan to give a weekly update > this is not realtime.
    We'll see how this plays out maybe like the StarMarine weekly status update schedule in 2015 maybe not.
    This are internal deadlines for both tasks and the whole release in progress; so it's more than likely these dates are going to float.

But there is a massive improvement here from "we're working on it, soon", instead of being on the dark about delays if the page keeps updated we will know once these dates change, and that is something many people were asking for.

Something like this should be made towards SQ42.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:

Or someone will find it the most revolutionary, fidelitious, transparent, realistic, something, ever produced in the PC gaming kingdom.

..Cake..

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    MaxBacon said:

Current Next Release: 2.6

First release is aimed at Evocati aimed in 3 days. Check the full thing at:
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

That graph says Evocati PTU is planned from Friday 18th to Friday 25th.

How are you reading it that first release is aimed at Evocati in 3 days? Because since it's up-to-date chart, I'm reading it as 2.6.0 has been released to Evocati PTU already.

edited November 2016
    Vrika said:
    That graph says Evocati PTU is planned from Friday 18th to Friday 25th.

How are you reading it that first release is aimed at Evocati in 3 days? Because since it's up-to-date chart, I'm reading it as 2.6.0 has been released to Evocati PTU already.
    Oh yeah my bad, thanks for pointing that.
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:

Have fun
    People will always complain but its up to CIG to say "we don't give a sh*t about complainers because we made this promise" instead of going dark to everyone because they can't handle someone yelling at them.
    Kefo said:
    People will always complain but its up to CIG to say "we don't give a sh*t about complainers because we made this promise" instead of going dark to everyone because they can't handle someone yelling at them.
    Three v-blogs per week on development is "going dark" ?

You are funny.

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
    Three v-blogs per week on development is "going dark" ?

You are funny.

Have fun
    You may have missed the 37+ page on the CIG forums with, last I checked, a poll going almost 50/50 where backers feel CIG has gone dark on any relevant information.

CIG is great at spitting out a lot of information but, in my opinion, its mostly fluff and doesn't actually let you know where they are most of the time. That's not to say they don't give out any relevant info but lately it feels like they are either pushing ships, trying to distract upset backers with shinies or playing damage control.
    edited November 2016
    Kefo said:
    You may have missed the 37+ page on the CIG forums with, last I checked, a poll going almost 50/50 where backers feel CIG has gone dark on any relevant information.
    What is exactly why this was publicly released yesterday; if there is a thing about CIG is that they won't do things because criticism and drama external to its community; but once it was the community criticizing how they were dealing with it and asking for concrete information about the status of the next update, so it happens.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    2.6 aka MVP
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:

What is exactly why this was publicly released yesterday; if there is a thing about CIG is that they won't do things because criticism and drama external to its community; but once it was the community asking for more concrete information about the status of the next update, so it happens.
    It's possible but the thread was allowed to grow very large without a single dev/community manager stopping by to even say "hey we have big things planned for the anniversary stream" and it would have shut down most of the concerns and fears in the thread.  

Many were agreeing that CIG was shooting itself in the foot by not saying anything and after some were upset about the sale on the hornet(I think lol correct me if I'm wrong) I think they needed to speak up instead of shutting down and going dark.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    So what does this actually inform people of apart from shifting timelines?
    It's not like you're finding out why something has been delayed, which is far more important than just finding out it has been delayed.

edited November 2016
    It's not like you're finding out why something has been delayed, which is far more important than just finding out it has been delayed.
    One thing a lot of people recently have been asking for. Less silence and more clarity on the status of the next release. In terms of delays the good thing is really now we know what is going on, instead of silence this finally transmits the date changes when they do happen and what are the deadlines they are working with (internally ofc).

Finding out why is more important than being aware it was delayed? I disagree. It's more important in terms of communication that you now know that 2.6 won't be releasing this month, rather than expecting it at any moment because of generic "soon" statements.

But if you look for the why, it seems it's their intention with that page:
    "We hope that this page will not only help explain our latest status, but also provide some explanations in the event that updates are delayed."

Post edited by MaxBacon on

---> Mesh 216 does not merge with Pipeline 12. That causes a memory overload in array 77 which drags the framerate down by 12 fps. Furthermore, it causes a crash to desktop whenever you switch weapons.**** adds more technobabble as needed ****

---> That adds another week delay.  Happy now with this detailed explanation ?

--> Have fun
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    MaxBacon said:

Finding out why is more important than being aware it was delayed? I disagree. It's more important in terms of communication that you now know that 2.6 won't be releasing this month, rather than expecting it at any moment because of generic "soon" statements.

Please re-read what I wrote. I did not say that I would prefer to know why instead of knowing when. I said that the why is more impotant than the when, having one does not mean having the other. Having both lets you see more of the picture.

Erillion said:
    ---> Mesh 216 does not merge with Pipeline 12. That causes a memory overload in array 77 which drags the framerate down by 12 fps. Furthermore, it causes a crash to desktop whenever you switch weapons.**** adds more technobabble as needed ****

--> Have fun

Are you drunk?

Erillion said:

--> Have fun

Are you drunk?

No.

Are you ?

Have fun