Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC Universe Online - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageDC Universe Online - MMORPG.com

DC Universe Online is a free-to-play superhero / supervillian MMORPG from Sony Online Entertainment that lets players create their own unique tights-wearing hero or villain ...

Read the full story here

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I loved this game... but it quickly became such a gear treadmill that I couldn't keep up. I wish they'd think of a better endgame progression model (hint - ESO).

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033

I loved this game... but it quickly became such a gear treadmill that I couldn't keep up. I wish they'd think of a better endgame progression model (hint - ESO).

I like your new avatar Bill lol.
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    I wonder if we'll ever get a super hero game where it's only focus isn't the hero/villain alter ego but also utilizes the non hero/villain aspect as well. It's like we only get half a game when it comes to this genre. Could you imagine going to see a Batman or Spider-Man movie and there being no Bruce Wayne or Peter Parker, that would be pretty lame.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    I'm still waiting for a more character focused Super Hero MMO.  

In development Champions Online stated they'd be geared towards that,  and CoH had classes that touched on interesting characters in general. 

It basically was built around characters that could have specific weaknesses in favor for other, greater strengths, and I'm not talking about the rock paper scissors of generic class balance.  Think more along the lines of a Superman Character,  and I remember in CoH they'd have Quantum characters placed in certain missions to take out peacebringers and warshades, which was pretty awesome, as they were powerhouses in many situations, but could be decimated quickly against certain enemies.

I don't know why I described all that, but DCUO was such an awesome game, and the gear treadmill did kill it.  I also think eventually the classes, which are somewhat different in general, just became too one note.  I noticed a lot of builds that just weren't very viable in a lot of situations.  I always hated that, like the ShapeShifter nature path... I really liked the premise, but it fell very flat in comparison to other builds.