Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starfall Prophecy - Beastmaster Leveling Stream VOD - Rift Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageStarfall Prophecy - Beastmaster Leveling Stream VOD - Rift Videos - MMORPG.com

Starfall Prophecy is the 3rd major expansion to Trion Worlds' Rift. We've been playing it since it launched on Wednesday the 16th, and Managing Editor Bill Murphy streamed it for about 2 hours this week. This is that VOD!

Read the full story here

Comments

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Thanks for the video. The visuals in that zone look really good. Just wish they'd improve the combat animations. It still has that EQ2/Vanguard slowness to it, looks like a guy on quaaludes having a pillow fight.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Forgrimm said:
    Thanks for the video. The visuals in that zone look really good. Just wish they'd improve the combat animations. It still has that EQ2/Vanguard slowness to it, looks like a guy on quaaludes having a pillow fight.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. They're just kind of bland. Plenty of particle effects, but the actual swinging and so forth is lacking impact and "oomph".

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    Thanks for the video; even though I have been playing Rift for years I still haven't purchased Starfall Prophecy. I want to, I just haven't yet, and I never expected the paywall. It was nice to see the new content.
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited November 2016

Forgrimm said:

I wish this for the game too, better animations combat, I hope the 64 bit can help them push for more the little things.
  • jeatacjeatac Member UncommonPosts: 28
    I actually like most of Rift's animation and graphics as a whole. They seem to me less cartoony than WOW's and more realism for a game going on 5 years. 64 bit will help stabilization in game and less with the graphics I believe.