Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early Access Impressions - TheHiveLeader - Hero's Song Videos - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645

Anyone knows any interesting features they are planning to add to the game?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Herossong/comments/5dgsbm/heres_a_short_list_of_what_were_working_on_right/
    I dont see anything besides quests in the list that extends the game beyond "run around and kill".

My aim is not to criticize the game, but I read quite many reviews saying that there is not much to do in the game outside of killing mobs. I was wondering what the people expect to be added which will significantly improve the game.

I am curious since I count with purchasing this game in the future.

EDIT: Player towns sound good.
    I didn't see it on that list, but the Steam page mentions boats. So float around and kill too. 

I got the game. I enjoy it so far, but it is very uneven at this point. I think the new user experience mostly being "create a world and go, you'll figure it out" is probably making it more interesting to me as it feels a lot like UO, EQ, ans AC felt when I first logged into them and had no idea what the hell I was doing aside from running or dying. Not sure how long that will last, but it feels different enough from most other games for now. Something fun about it I can't really explain.
  • TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234

Surprisingly untainted review, this guy should do them more often.

I do one every week... but they're all tainted.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Interesting choice for graphics, though i think that its a hurdle for gaining interest, 50 player max servers, and no dedicated servers, characters that die often and having to start over from the beginning, well Kudo's to Hive Leader for showing us so much of the game, all i can say is he has far more patience than i do, but his Video was very informative, so really have to thank the guy, he took one for the team.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    If Hero's Song is a sandbox, it's currently one where the kids in the sandbox aren't even provided any buckets to play with, let alone water to shape things with or much else.

Hopefully this will change as they add things like housing etc to it.  We'll have to wait and see if that happens.

I'll stay away regardless for personal reasons.  I can't stand perma-death in my games (at least ones that don't have save-scumming, which MMOs obviously don't), no matter how hard it is to get.
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

carotid said:

Wraithone said:

Thanks HL, another funny video. ^^ As for the game, if dear old Smed has anything to do with it, I'm not interested. Why? NGE and EQN come to mind...

Why keep  a grudge over stupid crap?

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ME". Smed has had multiple chances over the years. He has continued true to form. If you consider NGE and EQN to be "stupid crap", then we obviously have little in common.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677
    Great review laughed so hard but i'll wait abit longer before jumping in .
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Wraithone said:

carotid said:

Wraithone said:

Thanks HL, another funny video. ^^ As for the game, if dear old Smed has anything to do with it, I'm not interested. Why? NGE and EQN come to mind...

Why keep  a grudge over stupid crap?

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ME". Smed has had multiple chances over the years. He has continued true to form. If you consider NGE and EQN to be "stupid crap", then we obviously have little in common.
    I thought that cliche had been forever changed by George W so the second part now is all about the Who's Won't get Fooled Again.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TolrocTolroc Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Great review! I usually can't stand most video reviews, but this is a good balance of humor and information.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    TBH it doesn't look as shit as I expected.
    Gameplay wise at least...
    Harbinger of Fools
  • TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234

Torval said:

Surprisingly untainted review, this guy should do them more often.

I do one every week... but they're all tainted.

So so tainted even I feel a bit... dirty, just watching them.

Then my job is complete. If you aren't feeling like you need a shower after watching my videos, then I've failed!