Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need a new mouse. Suggestions?

Comments

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I suffer wrist issues and have been using the Evoluent which defintely helps but it is not an ideal mouse for gaming.  Anyone else have wrist issues who can recommend another gaming mouse.  The problem with the typical gaming mouse is the prone position tends to aggravate the wrist. 
  • MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Sharkoon Fireglider, its nice big size.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited November 2016
    Nanfoodle said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Razer Naga IMO is awesome but any Razer mouse comes with the best software any mouse can get. Every button is programmable, from keystroke to macros. There is nothing you cant do with a Razer mouse. 
    You can do that with the Logitech gaming software too :)
    My wifes logitech mouse cant make every button a macro, unless they have changed something over the past 6 months. 
    You definitely can with Logitech Gaming software.
    Define your command, which can be many things including a multi key macro, then assign it to any button.
    Just like for Logitech keyboards.
    Yes absolutely every button on the Logitech can be changed to another and even multiple keystrokes. Just use the software. Been doing this for years.
    Chamber of Chains
  • HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Thanks everyone gave me some good suggestions and even brands that weren't on my radar. No idea what I am going to do. I guess it depends on the sales coming up.
  • 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719
    edited November 2016
    Use http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/mouse-reviews/

http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/find-a-mouse/

He has some of the most comprehensive mouse reviews i've ever seen, and guides for picking mice.

Rule of thumb : 1.shape+correct fit for your hand  2.the sensor  3.weight  4.soft or hard left /right/side buttons  5.aesthetics and design  6.brand.
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    edited November 2016
    if t were me i would just buy the same mouse again if it lasted you a couple years and you are comfortable with it. that isn't terrible for a gaming mouse with extensive use. i am on my third naga and have a 4th chillin in my closet in case this one goes bad lol
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Ridelynn said:
    Another Logitech if you liked it and it lasted for a good while.

I was a happy G5 user, I didn't like the G500 as well afterward though. Didn't like the Razer Naga. Happy with my Corsair M65
    I miss the G5...  Such a great mouse for its day.  I actually buried mine in the backyard and gave it a little tombstone. 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited November 2016
    baphamet said:
    if t were me i would just buy the same mouse again if it lasted you a couple years and you are comfortable with it. that isn't terrible for a gaming mouse with extensive use. i am on my third naga and have a 4th chillin in my closet in case this one goes bad lol
    Get a g600 instead.
    I broke 2 Nagas in less than a year, same problem for both, the left button.
    The G600 is rock solid and the inclination of the 12 lateral buttons allows you to find the button you are looking for fairly easy.

• AberiusAberius Member UncommonPosts: 37
    flizzer said:
    I suffer wrist issues and have been using the Evoluent which defintely helps but it is not an ideal mouse for gaming.  Anyone else have wrist issues who can recommend another gaming mouse.  The problem with the typical gaming mouse is the prone position tends to aggravate the wrist. 
    I use a Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball because of previous wrist issues.  I know it's not a "real gaming mouse" but the two shoulder buttons are a huge help - I map them to Shift and Ctrl and it effectively triples what my left hand can do.  In combination with a left-hand keypad (Orbweaver) I have no trouble running 40+ keybinds in FFXIV.  The fact that I don't have to move my hand to use it is very helpful as far as keeping my joints happy.
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Suggestion? - Get One......
    .....another gamer helped out along the way.
  • Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409
    I took some suggestions from here for my new mouse and got a Logitech G602... TBH this this is GREAT. Highly recommend this mouse.

• Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388
    ste2000 said:
    Try a G600.
    I had 2 Nagas before and both broke within a year (same problem every time, the left button)
    It's almost 2 years since I bought the Logitech, never had a problem, still working like a charm.

Image result

I had nearly the same experience except the G600 didn't work for me. I claw grip my mouse and the G600 is hard to use that way, good mouse otherwise though.

I ended up with a Corsair Scimitar and I really like it:

Image result
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    edited November 2016
    My goodness that is the cutest mouse ever. kawaiiiiii !!

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    edited December 2016
    Looking to get a new mouse for my wife. She doesn't need extra buttons, she right now using some cheap 5$ mouse.

She works on her pc using a fingertip grip and has small hands.  Her hand from wrist to middle finger tip is just under 7inches.

For example she finds my g600 far too big, it too wide.  I looked at the link someone else posted on page one and while it has nice reviews it neglects to mention much about the materials used on top of mouse.

I am trying to find one the wont get all sweaty, since she works on the pc daily plus like to play some games.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• Kaisen_DexxKaisen_Dexx Member UncommonPosts: 326
    I used to love Razer mice, until I started going through one every 6 months (left click issues every time). Which is odd, because I don't play Mobas and I've never really been hard on my mice. It might stem from my giant hands and me naturally pressing harder. I then moved to the logitech mouse, which was a nice mouse, but just didn't fit right with me and to top it off, after 8 months developed the left click issue. A few months ago I decided to try a Corsair Scimitar. I absolutely adore the mouse. Fits my hand great, and with the adjustable button slider I can get it in a decent position so that I can actually use the 12 side key buttons (though I rarely do because I'm not used to being able to do it yet - Giant Hands/Thumb). But yeah, I recommend the Scimitar highly.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    I used to love Razer mice, until I started going through one every 6 months (left click issues every time). Which is odd, because I don't play Mobas and I've never really been hard on my mice. It might stem from my giant hands and me naturally pressing harder. I then moved to the logitech mouse, which was a nice mouse, but just didn't fit right with me and to top it off, after 8 months developed the left click issue. A few months ago I decided to try a Corsair Scimitar. I absolutely adore the mouse. Fits my hand great, and with the adjustable button slider I can get it in a decent position so that I can actually use the 12 side key buttons (though I rarely do because I'm not used to being able to do it yet - Giant Hands/Thumb). But yeah, I recommend the Scimitar highly.
    The thing is that it is rather impossible to judge what mouse will be most comfortable to use, you seriously need a store with physical access to them to judge that.

We can tell you what works best for us and if they are high quality or something that falls apart after a few months but you should never buy a new type of mouse without actually trying it first.

I like the scimitar myself and would get one if I wasn't hooked on trackballs. :) My buddy have one.
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    edited December 2016
    Best quality mouse I had was a Roccat Kone, it fit my hand well with good access to all buttons.
    There is really only one rule to mouse buying, which is only buy a mouse you can physically try because they are vastly different in size, grip, button location etc. You don't go buy a g600 you have never held just because the g500 was good, as those model numbers may be completely different to hold. It is a very important piece of equipment. It does not take many years of bad moise usage to get an permanent injury.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    That Logitech G600 is like a sturdy version of the Naga. I've dropped the G600 so many times it SHOULD be broken yet it lives on.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Yes G600 is indeed a good mouse I have 3 , I buy them when the price drops to replace the ones I am using and so far touch wood they have lasted well and not yet needed to be replaced.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    I don't think i could use one of those mice with the side buttons, i control the mouse with my thumb too much, which would mean i would be having numerous side buttons depressed randomly all the time, after all this time i doubt i could learn to use a mouse without holding it with my thumb, i have big hands after all, but about the only recommendation i could make when it comes to gaming is, don't buy a wireless mouse, batteries die at bad times, they don't really last that long once they have been recharged a few dozen times either, which is not ideal.
    You could always try a mouse like this however  :p

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    I own, or have owned about 15 different mice in the past five years or so.  I'm weird about my mice because I have oddly shaped hands.  I have very wide hands with short digits, so some mice are extremely uncomfortable such as the Razer Naga which is built for people with thin hands and long digits.

For me, the two best mice out there are The Redragon Perdition MMO mouse and the Logitech G502 which I've been using exactly two years now as of today and still love.
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Logitech G502, garanteed
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • starstorm777starstorm777 Member UncommonPosts: 114
    edited December 2016
    If you play MMOs, I recommend an MMO mouse, I didn't know they existed until last year...here is the one I bought, a bit big for my hand since I'm a girl, but if you're a guy it may work just fine, I love that it flashes colors randomly and not like a strobe light where it's annoying and blinding....it's programmable and I use it for all my games now :) a bit to get used to if you never used one b4...took me about a week to adjust...but now I won't go back to a regular mouse ever again ... here is the one I bought:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B018IHXISW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Raptr Gamercard
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    You could always you know, fix it. 
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Phry said:
    I don't think i could use one of those mice with the side buttons, i control the mouse with my thumb too much, which would mean i would be having numerous side buttons depressed randomly all the time, after all this time i doubt i could learn to use a mouse without holding it with my thumb, i have big hands after all, but about the only recommendation i could make when it comes to gaming is, don't buy a wireless mouse, batteries die at bad times, they don't really last that long once they have been recharged a few dozen times either, which is not ideal.
    You could always try a mouse like this however  :p

I have used a original naga and now have a g600 and with both mice there was no issue moving the mouse or ever lifting it up with thumb and pinky on side of mouse.

On the g600 your thumb should naturally be just ahead of the G9 button so you can hold really tight if you need to.

The most easily used button are the g9 to g14  buttons with the ones closer to your wrist needing you to shift your hand back slightly.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.