Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NVidia 375.86 Driver Warning

MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-geforce-375-86-whql-drivers-have-major-issues.html

"A quick warning, if you download the latest GeForce 375.86 WHQL then be advised that you may run into issues. At this point we advise you to leave them for what they are and wait for a new driver set / hotfix.

Shortly after the driver had been released yesterday our forums started to flood with bad user experiences on this driver. Reports that where games normally did 60 FPS the now are doing 25 FPS. Also many people have locked down-clocked 810 MHz memory clock frequencies and flickering issues. If you do not have any issues then there is no reason to remove them. But the reports on wrong memory clock frequencies are worrisome enough for me to post this on the front-page as a warning.

At this point the driver seems bugged by a large amount, so if you have not installed it just yet .. you'd better wait until a fix or replacement driver is released."

Comments

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    edited November 2016
    Nope, with amount of BS theyve produced in last 2 years. Im a gamer and theyve gone waaaaaaaaaaaaaay over the line in screing up gamers. PC gamers that is.

Once they stop with their BS ill change my stance.

Oh, yand yeah, their goes the theory about "NVidia drivers" this is like 7th-8th time just this year their drivers are completely messed up.

They need to get their shit together because its getting ridiculous.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    DMKano said:
    Now having said that, if somebody asked you to say one positive thing about Nvidia - could you come up with anything to say?
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!

You are right of course.
    Though you have to admit there are also some people here who are whiteknighting Nvidia as badly as Mal whiteknights AMD.

Maybe one day people will realize that both companies have delivered some good and some bad products so it doesn't really matter which one you go for.
    Harbinger of Fools
    edited November 2016
    Where do i "whiteknight" AMD?

but even media (that NVidia has a VERY in strong grip) cannot deny how bad NVidia drivers have become lol

"All in all, then, it’s not a great day for Nvidia, or indeed a great year. The the firm has had a rather impressive track record with its drivers in the past, generally speaking, but that’s rapidly gone downhill in 2016 with a number of full version releases hitting various hitches of one sort or another."

http://www.techradar.com/news/heres-why-you-should-hold-off-on-installing-nvidias-latest-drivers

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Thanks for the information.  That's why I always wait at least a week before installing the latest update unless it's a fix for a major problem which is rare.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• alancodealancode Member UncommonPosts: 163
    I haven't installed a new driver in a few months. Everything working just fine. 

(-_-)

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    I don't bother too much with driver updates since I don't usually have the latest and greatest from either company. My impression of the updates is they are mostly to fix issues with their current offerings more than anything else.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I usually wait a whole month and even then I read every post on the Guru3d forum on the driver before I even consider using the driver update.
    Chamber of Chains
  • joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    edited November 2016
    Updated to this driver today and have not run into any issues yet, Clocks are fine too. (980ti)
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Malabooga said:
    Nope, with amount of BS theyve produced in last 2 years. Im a gamer and theyve gone waaaaaaaaaaaaaay over the line in screing up gamers. PC gamers that is.

Once they stop with their BS ill change my stance.

Oh, yand yeah, their goes the theory about "NVidia drivers" this is like 7th-8th time just this year their drivers are completely messed up.

They need to get their shit together because its getting ridiculous.
    Giving you the best video cards on the market is going waaaaaay over the line.  Of expectation that is.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    Actually now is a good time for you to get some of those benchmarks you are always looking for.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Uhh... just yesterday i updated to 375.70.
    One day later and i would have gotten this version.

• MickyknoxMickyknox Member UncommonPosts: 61
    I am not having any issues.Then again this 1080 gtx could be running at half speed and still be faster then anything AMD has out atm so meh!
    DMKano said:

Thanks for the heads up - good PSA

Now having said that, if somebody asked you to say one positive thing about Nvidia - could you come up with anything to say?

How did you get these fancy bars?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Does this not say more about the piss poor Windows testing than Nvidia?

Who is actually doing the testing and offering the WHQL standard tag on drivers?There is obviously some BS going on here,i don't know who to blame maybe all involved?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited November 2016
    More info on issue: It looks like memory speed on some factory overclocked GTX 1060/1070/1080 cards gets stucks at 810 MHz. NVidia is promising a hotfix soon.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/976636/geforce-drivers/official-375-86-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-11-15-16-/post/5019740/#5019740

The flickering with SLI in Battlfield 1 is affecting both AMD and NVidia cards running SLI. It looks like the problem is in Battlefield 1, not NVidia's or AMD's drivers

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/58545/major-update-flaw-flickering-blinking-updates-in-op

edited November 2016
    Wizardry said:
    Does this not say more about the piss poor Windows testing than Nvidia?

Who is actually doing the testing and offering the WHQL standard tag on drivers?There is obviously some BS going on here,i don't know who to blame maybe all involved?
    It's NVidia's driver, so if something breaks it's normally NVidia's fault.

But you need to realize how many different combinations of graphic cards, operating systems, configurations and games there are. It's not possible to test all of them.

DMKano said:
    Volgore said:
    DMKano said:

Thanks for the heads up - good PSA

How did you get these fancy bars?

Apparently I am an endangered species for 2 weeks!

Go me!
    Good to see that the mods are concerned with our safety.

But you are late wearing stripes, i had them long before it was cool.

edited November 2016
    Thanks for the information.  That's why I always wait at least a week before installing the latest update unless it's a fix for a major problem which is rare.
    Yeah, im not a fan of constant driver releases with pi$$ poor testing, just causing problems and in 99,9% of cases those dont do anything as far as games go and are just PR stunt.
    Post edited by Malabooga on
  • Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Wish I had seen this earlier. My computer now won't run if I restart/ turn power off. I have to flip the BIOS each time.
    Wish I had seen this earlier. My computer now won't run if I restart/ turn power off. I have to flip the BIOS each time.
    If you have problems with the driver, you can uninstall it and download older driver version from NVidia website.

Look for old driver versions here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    New AMD drivers also have some issues with the Raptr overlay, but they are not WHQL drivers.
    Ok its fixed now.