Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Can a Pve server be far behind ? LHU 2017
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,524
    Elsabolts said:
    Can a Pve server be far behind ? LHU 2017
    I like this idea but i don't know if it would help how slow game play is in this game.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Log in server is pretty much locked down... good luck logging in at the moment :(
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 37,036
    Phry said:
    Log in server is pretty much locked down... good luck logging in at the moment :(
    I wonder if CCP considered creating priority log in queues for Omega accounts.

    Knowing them my guess would be no, PVP everywhere even when trying to login. ;)

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    edited November 2016
    Kyleran said:
    Phry said:
    Log in server is pretty much locked down... good luck logging in at the moment :(
    I wonder if CCP considered creating priority log in queues for Omega accounts.

    Knowing them my guess would be no, PVP everywhere even when trying to login. ;)
    Have been trying to log in since the servers came back up, but, as it needs the two factor authentication, waiting for it to arrive in your inbox is.. looks like over an hour, guess the log in servers are over stressed at the moment

    only 25k online at the moment, so if they are having this big of a problem with only that many, then i have a feeling something is going wrong with their log in server generally.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Phry said:
    Kyleran said:
    Phry said:
    Log in server is pretty much locked down... good luck logging in at the moment :(
    I wonder if CCP considered creating priority log in queues for Omega accounts.

    Knowing them my guess would be no, PVP everywhere even when trying to login. ;)
    Have been trying to log in since the servers came back up, but, as it needs the two factor authentication, waiting for it to arrive in your inbox is.. looks like over an hour, guess the log in servers are over stressed at the moment

    only 25k online at the moment, so if they are having this big of a problem with only that many, then i have a feeling something is going wrong with their log in server generally.
    just logged in, took 2 hours.. good job i am a subscriber.  O.o
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 37,036
    Outside of some two factor validation shenanigans on 2 of 6 accounts (other 4 did not require it) and all of the email validations I had no issue logging in both at 6 and 10 PM ET. 

    Maybe I missed the rush. 

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,321
    Looks like a flop...the increase in concurrent users logged in is minimal....
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,199
    edited November 2016
    My biggest issue... having been away for 4+ years (and even longer before that)... 

    Beyond that... It is Eve..

    https://youtu.be/fKxgkxqdw68 (just a quick glance. will need to read up a bit more before i dive in deep) 
    Post edited by tawess on

    Tawess gaming

    Tawess soapbox

    This have been a good conversation

  • suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187
    edited November 2016
    Sad, there isn't any similiar game like EvE after 10 years. Just set into fantasy world. Well, somone could say Ultima Online, yeah its great just the look of it seems to be kinda outdated.

    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

  • MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Gdemami said:
    Looks like a flop...the increase in concurrent users logged in is minimal....
    CCP have done almost zero marketing on this expansion - it's word of mouth only at the moment. They've openly said they're going to let the kinks get straightened out before they start making a noise about it

    Give me liberty or give me lasers

  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,199
    Yeah had it not been for threads like this one i´d missed it completely. 

    Tawess gaming

    Tawess soapbox

    This have been a good conversation

  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    suckm3 said:
    Sad, there isn't any similiar game like EvE after 10 years. Just set into fantasy world. Well, somone could say Ultima Online, yeah its great just the look of it seems to be kinda outdated.
    Darkfall seems a good base for it, but nobody seems to be able to fix it.
    I still have hopes though.

  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,570
    I'm not sure if it's worth it to play free on an Alpha clone given the restrictions. I can see why they need restrictions to make F2P work but I think they went a bit too far. Tech 1 cruisers limited to player race, no T2 modules, some skills limited to level 4 leading to fitting issues or cap stability issues.

    If you made a trial account you'd be at that point in a week at most, probably a lot less. Do I really want to be stuck flying a Caracal forever? Hmmm. No, I think it's just better to pay the sub instead of flying a gimped char/ship.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,524
    Logged in to my old character from 2009. He had all the minmatar tier 1 ships and over 800 million isk. Only can fly cruisers as f2p. And all the skills that took a month or more to train are locked out to me. But the game looks beautiful. Logging in to a top lvl character as f2p is useless though.  Also i don't know what happened but i can't fly my cruisers because they have an extra hardpoint equipped or something. So i guess they gimp your tier 1 ships if your f2p or they nerfted them some time ago.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    I'm not sure if it's worth it to play free on an Alpha clone given the restrictions. I can see why they need restrictions to make F2P work but I think they went a bit too far. Tech 1 cruisers limited to player race, no T2 modules, some skills limited to level 4 leading to fitting issues or cap stability issues.

    If you made a trial account you'd be at that point in a week at most, probably a lot less. Do I really want to be stuck flying a Caracal forever? Hmmm. No, I think it's just better to pay the sub instead of flying a gimped char/ship.
    Have to agree with you, the limits on the free player are beyond ridiculous.  Oh and by the way, forget the Caracal, missiles are excluded too.  Sucks to be a free Caldari player.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,321
    Malcanis said:
    CCP have done almost zero marketing on this expansion - it's word of mouth only at the moment. They've openly said they're going to let the kinks get straightened out before they start making a noise about it
    That was my line of thought, just didn't think it is intentional....somewhat like Incarna all over again.
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    It takes a special kind of person to look at free and then complain like they are somehow entitled to more.
  • MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Hariken said:
    Logged in to my old character from 2009. He had all the minmatar tier 1 ships and over 800 million isk. Only can fly cruisers as f2p. And all the skills that took a month or more to train are locked out to me. But the game looks beautiful. Logging in to a top lvl character as f2p is useless though.  Also i don't know what happened but i can't fly my cruisers because they have an extra hardpoint equipped or something. So i guess they gimp your tier 1 ships if your f2p or they nerfted them some time ago.
    All the T1 ships got reworked in the past few years. What ship do you have? I can help you with a fit.

    Give me liberty or give me lasers

  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,524
    Malcanis said:
    Hariken said:
    Logged in to my old character from 2009. He had all the minmatar tier 1 ships and over 800 million isk. Only can fly cruisers as f2p. And all the skills that took a month or more to train are locked out to me. But the game looks beautiful. Logging in to a top lvl character as f2p is useless though.  Also i don't know what happened but i can't fly my cruisers because they have an extra hardpoint equipped or something. So i guess they gimp your tier 1 ships if your f2p or they nerfted them some time ago.
    All the T1 ships got reworked in the past few years. What ship do you have? I can help you with a fit.
    Thanks for the reply Malcanis
    I have all the Minmatar cruisers. Had projectiles and missiles on them.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,895
    hehe i got killed in the combat tutorial and still trying to dock and get a new ship....No way Id ever pay for this game
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    edited November 2016
    As a brand new character.  You can make enough money ingame to buy sub in 5 days.  @Gdemami did it and has a screenshot if I can find it.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Hariken said:
    Malcanis said:
    Hariken said:
    Logged in to my old character from 2009. He had all the minmatar tier 1 ships and over 800 million isk. Only can fly cruisers as f2p. And all the skills that took a month or more to train are locked out to me. But the game looks beautiful. Logging in to a top lvl character as f2p is useless though.  Also i don't know what happened but i can't fly my cruisers because they have an extra hardpoint equipped or something. So i guess they gimp your tier 1 ships if your f2p or they nerfted them some time ago.
    All the T1 ships got reworked in the past few years. What ship do you have? I can help you with a fit.
    Thanks for the reply Malcanis
    I have all the Minmatar cruisers. Had projectiles and missiles on them.

    IIRC the Rupture is the best dps cruiser now, the Stabber being not much through of. You will still be able to buy & use the navy faction variations.

    What are you looking to do?

    Give me liberty or give me lasers

Sign In or Register to comment.