Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XBOX MMORPG?

I`ve heard rumors that xbox has a MMORPG coming out BUT i`ve also heard rumors that  if it did exsist it was cancelledimageso if anyone knows anything  drop a reply

AtticusPunk
---------------------------------------
FFXI-Ramik,Kujata server
RS-Ramzia combat lvl 30
SG-Specialty:infantry

AtticusPunk
---------------------------------------
FFXI-Ramik,Kujata server
RS-Ramzia combat lvl 30
SG-Specialty:infantry

Comments

• knives22knives22 Member Posts: 375

ok ok ok.I am guessing you are speaking of TFLO? wich was already cancelled this year I believe.So yea...It WAS supposed to be microsofts answer for SOEs FFXI but bleh you know how it is lol.

• MalianeaMalianea Member Posts: 314
    Citizen Zero will be on Xbox. Its supposed to be a FPS like Planetside, but with a ton of RPG elements.

Malianea

• SaragothSaragoth Member Posts: 84
    Will definately keep my eyes open for that one.

Originally posted by Wickes
    BTW, Saragoth, it's just a guess ... but I'd bet you were banned for bad language.

• HolburneHolburne Member Posts: 30

Will people stop bringing TFOL up! It's a painful memory. It looked like it was going to be so good and then Microsoft shut up shop. I wish someone else would pick up the license to the game and get it released.

er.... sorry about the rant image

Explorer 73%
    Achiever 60%
    Socializer 40%
    Killer 26%

Explorer 73%
    Achiever 60%
    Socializer 40%
    Killer 26%

• MalianeaMalianea Member Posts: 314

Have you not seen the news this week that it is still being worked on?

Edit: Found it for you on IGN:

"According to an interview with Dorimaga magazine, Level-5 President Hakihiro Hino revealed a good bit of information regarding the True Fantasy Live Online project that was cancelled by Microsoft. In the interview, Hino states that "production was about to be resume on True Fantasy Live Online once again." Also revealed was that one of the major reasons that the game was never released was because of strained relations between Microsoft and Level-5.

Although Hino never specified which console (or consoles) the game would end up appearing on, he did state that the chances of the game ending up on PlayStation 2 and PC were "rather strong". Given the company’s extremely strong history with Sony, the PlayStation 2 is a very likely candidate to have the game ported over to, while a PC version would probably be an additional version to help create revenue. While this doesn’t mean that there will be no Xbox version of the game after all, the likelihood of it appearing on the console have grown slimmer after the fiasco that occured this summer when Microsoft cancelled the game."

Malianea

• HolburneHolburne Member Posts: 30

Well that's made my day thanks. I'll and not get my hopes up this time though to save you all from another rant.

Cheers Malianea

Explorer 73%
    Achiever 60%
    Socializer 40%
    Killer 26%

Explorer 73%
    Achiever 60%
    Socializer 40%
    Killer 26%

• bobblerbobbler Member UncommonPosts: 810

i swear if its not made for xbox i will be so mad. i bought my freaking xbox for that game. and the game was originally designed for xbox. plus ps2 is for noobs. the only good gmaes on it are teh .hack series

• ArkhanArkhan Member UncommonPosts: 6

There's Phantasy Star Online for Xbox, its an MMORPG, but sorta basic...still fun though...used to keep me occupied on dreamcast with dialup ....*painful flashback*.

TFLO had best come out though, it did look pretty excellent.

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    imageimageimageimageimageimage. MICROSOFT MAKES ME SOOOOO MAD! WHY DID THEY CANCEL IT? IT COULD HAVE BEEN DONE BY NOW!!!!imageimageimageimage. I MISS TFLO!!!!! Citizen Zero is what I am waiting for now. Microsoft better NOT cancel it or I will never buy another Microsoft game again, unless it is.... lol. Seriously though, I wish Microsoft did not have to cancel True Fantasy Life Online.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• BurningManBurningMan Member Posts: 613
    HA mmorpg on x box would suck monthly fee+ x box live fee

• bobblerbobbler Member UncommonPosts: 810

lol the ps2 sucks it cant even handle basic pixel shading and its really etchy. also it cant support a mmorpg because on the old TFLO website they said the world would be constantly chaging...the only system that supports this is the xbox that has a hard drive.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216
    Huxley i heard is supposed to be a MMOFPS for xbox 360 and PC

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217

Originally posted by tvalentine

They were talking about the first Xbox, it was posted 21st of Jan 2005... :)

No longer visiting MMORPG.com.