Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 is 50% off from Nov 15-22

Redfeather75Redfeather75 Member UncommonPosts: 230
edited November 2016 in Guild Wars 2
I've had a lot of people ask me when the next sale was, as they didn't want to switch from f2p to HoT at it's full price (HoT is too expensive IMO)
So I figure I'd just post it in the forums I visit.

This is an official sale at the main site. Comes with one level 80 character boost. To skip straight to the HoT content if you wish.

Hope that is okay. =)

Comments

• azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    Or hope the next expansion is money better spent and get HoT for free...probably the better option ;)
  • Redfeather75Redfeather75 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    edited November 2016
    azurrei said:
    Or hope the next expansion is money better spent and get HoT for free...probably the better option ;)
    Yeah, I wonder how they will do that. I remember in GW1, each campaign was a seperate game and stayed seperate. But now that GW2 is free to play, and they are doing expacs instead of campaigns, makes me wonder what happens to old expacs when new ones come out.
  • jimmywolfjimmywolf Member UncommonPosts: 292
    it be free or made a bonus for preordering/buying the next expansion,  they wont want fraction the player base 3 different ways an it be a incentive to buy the next expansion if you wait that long or are a newb

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    What they have said in the past is that when you buy the lastest content you get all the previous content.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• ann4ann4 Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Having never played GW2 and after seeing the offer would you recommend picking it up?
    Hiya!  Would you date a gamer girl? Look at the page I made. Hope you like!  <3 
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    ann4 said:
    Having never played GW2 and after seeing the offer would you recommend picking it up?
    Why not?
    It's a decent game, nothing to rave about but it's worth the price tag.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    ste2000 said:
    ann4 said:
    Why not?
    Hows the pvp?
  • ann4ann4 Member UncommonPosts: 41
    ste2000 said:
    Why not?
    Heard the usual horror stories (although mostly from WoW players) so was more curious on the opinion of someone who plays the game :)
    Hiya!  Would you date a gamer girl? Look at the page I made. Hope you like!  <3 
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    ann4 said:
    ste2000 said:
    Why not?
    Heard the usual horror stories (although mostly from WoW players) so was more curious on the opinion of someone who plays the game :)
    I level capped my main in 2 weeks and took me another 2 weeks to get the best gear in slot at launch.
    It was short but it was fun.
    Just to say that is a very casual game, but it is well designed and fun to play.

I still play it from time to time for a couple of weeks at a time, not really my kind of game, way too easy.
    But if you are a Casual, I strongly suggest it.

• Redfeather75Redfeather75 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    ann4 said:
    ste2000 said:
    Why not?
    There's a lot of content when you buy the game. More than your money's worth. It is a theme park mmo though, so if you don't like those I can't guarantee you'll like it.
  • APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    ann4 said:
    ste2000 said:
    Why not?
    I've been playing GW2 since its very first closed beta, and also a GW1 player. Gw2 is a great game. However one important thing I've learned over time that many people fail to do is; "taking your time and learning the game." So many people rush and end up in situations where they are unsure on what to do next.

Gw2 is a game of goals. Getting decent gear isn't difficult. Its min-maxing that usually will cost you a lot of time and gold, but it is not required for you to enjoy the entire experience which is why a lot of people usually call GW2 a causal game. 

However funny enough, if your talking about this game from a PVP perspective and in some cases high end PVE; a causal player who doesn't fully understand the capabilities of his/her chosen class including an understanding of the "meta," you will get left be hide. And I'm not just talking about gear, I'm talking about Skill. 

I swear, one of the number one problems I see and hear from PVP players are; "Why do I have this scrub teammates on my team who clearly have no idea what they are doing?" "How can X class lose to Z class? Its such an easy matchup!" "Its a 3v1 and they all lost? How can my team members be so useless?" I like to think the reason why its like this for "the most part" is not totally because the match making may not be the best, but also its people who rush the game and don't take the time to learn it. 

Believe me, if you learn about the game, and figure out why things are they way that they are you will either love the game, have a better appreciation for it, or completely hate it. Its really up to you.  

From a PVE perspective, some people will say that PVE is very easy. And for the most part they are correct. But then again what MMO has hard PVE? At least in GW2 you can challenge yourself and put your skills to the test. Such as: Soloing group content, fighting legendary mobs, solo speed running dungeons and fractals, raid content with a group. However, don't get this twisted. Soloing group content is not easy. Requires a lot of understanding of class capabilities and knowledge of said content.