Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need a new mouse. Suggestions?

HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
I love how my G600 because it fits my hand very well and it's weight. I don't need so many buttons or any but the size and weight is great.  Reason I am wanting to replace it is that it has developed the double click issue. I guess a lot of Logitechs are prone to that. To be fair I have had it for a few years. Still in great shape minus double clicking constantly on a single click. Anyone know of any products I might look at that would be comparable in it's size and the weight?

Comments

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    just read headline then was going to recommend the g300 or g600 lol :) for me the pair are some of the best (non multi) button gaming mouses out.. i love both, the feel size etc.... but either wayy i suppose its about fuunctionality, myself im waiting for black friday, as i got my eyye on k95 mech keyboard (this current one does the double/treble characters or non at all so on way out) and might bundle a new mouse in as well depending on the bargains to be found

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    If you are into competitive FPS, I would suggest SteelSeries Rival.
    Not against any mouse. I'm not competitive in anyway however.  It was just a shot in the dark in case someone might have actually been in the same situation maybe different reasons.  I'm still using my 600 but it's annoying. It's form and weight are good imo.  I don't make great use of the side buttons though.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Another Logitech if you liked it and it lasted for a good while.

I was a happy G5 user, I didn't like the G500 as well afterward though. Didn't like the Razer Naga. Happy with my Corsair M65
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I had the R azer Naga and then bought a second.  The first had issues with the button that I read a lot of others had.  I got the second on sale.  The second one hasn't had the same problem. . yet.  I might look at something else next time.  Not helpful I know . . not saying avoid but if you can find something else you like. . maybe lean that way.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    If you liked the old mouse, you could just buy another one of it.
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    I love my steel series Rival... I have a razer naga and mamba.  The mamba died.  The Naga I got for SWTOR and I could not get used to all the side buttons it was frustrating.  Also do not like the razer software
  • shadowman465shadowman465 Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Logitech G600 the software really shines vs naga. Also you can pick up another G600 for about 40 dollars on ebay. The new naga is definely lighter and the buttons much more responsive. No annoying far right button! Also the naga looks much better. Either upgrade to the naga or stick g600!
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Very personal of course. Ideally you need to try them. So if you like the G600 - as Quizzical says - good option.

Alternatives? The shape of (some of) the Corsair mice is, imo, akin to the G600. Some are lighter weight but the adjustable weight version is "about the same". Not "better" just an alternative that you might prefer.
  • Void425Void425 Member UncommonPosts: 170
    I would recommend the Logitech G302 for the price (about $50)
    http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/moba-gaming-mouse-g302?crid=1452

If you need more gaming precision then you can get the G303 (about $70)
    http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/gaming-mouse-g303

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I use a Corsair M65. Always liked Corsair products.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    If I would use a mouse I would go for a Corsair like Cleffy, but I prefer my Logitech M570 trackball. I tend to get mousearm if I have a gaming weekend with a mouse and also it feels slower and less precise.  Takes a day to get use to though.
  • CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    I still use a Naga. Ive been using it for 6? years now. My 6 year old naga still works but I got a naga epic which died fairly quickly since it fell in the bathtub.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    Logitech is great just get the same mouse.
    Chamber of Chains
  • 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719
    if u do end up wanting to get one with extra buttons out of the 3 : g600, naga, corsair scimitar, the corsair scimitar is the best option.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Razer Naga IMO is awesome but any Razer mouse comes with the best software any mouse can get. Every button is programmable, from keystroke to macros. There is nothing you cant do with a Razer mouse. 
  • ann4ann4 Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Personally, I have used both a Razer Deathadder and Razer Naga over the last couple of years. Thoroughly recommend them although they are a tad on the pricey side.
    Hiya!  Would you date a gamer girl? Look at the page I made. Hope you like!  <3 
  • HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Quizzical said:
    If you liked the old mouse, you could just buy another one of it.

Ridelynn said:
    Another Logitech if you liked it and it lasted for a good while.

I was a happy G5 user, I didn't like the G500 as well afterward though. Didn't like the Razer Naga. Happy with my Corsair M65
    I agree with ya'll.  I was just trying to find one a bit cheaper, saving a few pennies. I guess that's not going to happen after looking around. I'm still not convinced that it isn't software issue either. I did look at the steel series mentioned very early on. Sticker shock. Everyone's made some great suggestions.  I actually forgot to look at Corsairs.
    I have a G502, wouldn't change it for anything else.

Also if you have click issues with Logitech, I suggest MANUALLY upgrading to their latest software, which changed name a bit I think. Uninstall the old crap, and install the very latest. Most click problems, notably on Windows 8/10, were solved with such an upgrade.
    I thought I did that a few months back. Maybe not. I'll try after this post.  I did reset to defaults yesterday in the onboard memory and the pc side. In wasteland 2 seems like the double click still persists. I haven't noticed it as much just doing normal stuff.  It wasn't really bad before. Though it was annoying enough when it happened. Hitting the back button once in a browser and going back 2 or 3 times.  Guess I just need to pay attention to sales.  So many good looking options if I choose to not stick with another G600.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    edited November 2016
    I have tried many mice.  My all time favorite is the Cyborg R.A.T. 9.  It's a bit exotic looking, but it is adjustable in many ways that makes the features actually useful.  It's also the most comfortable mouse i've ever used.  The software that comes with it to setup different mouse profiles is the easiest one i've ever used and have never had any issue getting it working.

Last thing, but also one of the most important imo.  This is the wireless mouse.  It's the only wireless mouse i've ever bought that had a second battery included.  So while one is in the mouse, the other charges.  The battery in the mouse lasts 5x longer than it takes to charge the other battery.  So there is literally never any downtime.

P.S. I have had this mouse for 3+ years now.  It has been used a lot.  It has some visible[cosmetic] wear, but nothing that hinders the function of the mouse (just some fading).  It still works just as great as it did the day I bought it.  My wife also has one (R.A.T. M) going 2 years now and it works just like day 1.
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    edited November 2016
    G300 is one of the best mice I have used.  It died and I am using a G600S.  

G600s is good and has just about the right amount of buttons for me.  Not too many like all of the MMO mice with 20 thumb buttons.  I like it a lot but battery dies quickly though its cord can be plugged in to use and charge the battery.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906

Best mouse ever.  Fits perfectly in your hand and gives warm fuzzy feeling. 

Are you onto something or just on something?
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited November 2016
    I would highly recommend the Red Dragon Perdition or Red Dragon Legend. They are simply better set up then the Razer products I've used. 

Like the Razer products I've used they have a button pad on the side with 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,-,+. But where my Razer Naga  had slight ridges on every other row of buttons so you could tell which one you have your finger on, Red Dragon Products denote them by slanting them in opposite directions. Compare: 

Razer Naga
    Red Dragon Perdition

You can easily see how it's far more easy to hit the right buttons on the perdition, and I can verify it's a much better setup.

The current one I'm using is a bit more pricey than the Perdition but comes with 16 buttons on the side instead of 12, a button on the top left, and 4 buttons behind the scroll wheel.

My only complaint is the bottom two buttons below the scroll-wheel are not programmable. One allows you to control the light mode on your mouse (lol, useless) and the other allows you to change your mouse mode which is actually kind of useful. You can change different settings on your mouse such as your sensitivity so that, say you're playing an FPS. You could have higher sensitivity when going room to room with a shotgun and lower sensitivity while sniping, and that's adjustable with the click of a button.

Given these buttons are lower and hard to reach though, they aren't really positioned for practical use during an intense fight anyhow.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Nanfoodle said:
    Razer Naga IMO is awesome but any Razer mouse comes with the best software any mouse can get. Every button is programmable, from keystroke to macros. There is nothing you cant do with a Razer mouse. 
    You can do that with the Logitech gaming software too :)
    My wifes logitech mouse cant make every button a macro, unless they have changed something over the past 6 months. 
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited November 2016
    Try a G600.
    I had 2 Nagas before and both broke within a year (same problem every time, the left button)
    It's almost 2 years since I bought the Logitech, never had a problem, still working like a charm.

Image result