Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoundBlasterX Giveaway #3! - MMORPG.com News

Comments

• ITPalgITPalg Member UncommonPosts: 314
    As I said on the second, reiterating the first, so say I on the third.

twitch.tv/itpaladin
    @ITPalg
    YouTube: ITPalGame

• WoeToTheVanquishedWoeToTheVanquished Member UncommonPosts: 276
    lineage 1 because I've said it 2x previous to this post.
  • OchimaruOchimaru Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Final Fantasy XIV ARR because the Final Fantasy franchise has always delivered great stories which I believe is the most important part of the RPG genre. I really enjoy that I can play any role on one character. There's a lot of ways to level up through the game which not many games have. Usually it's just the main story and side quests. The special events are always fun and have great themes. The 24 player raids are fun and challenging. It really is the perfect mix for people who enjoy casual and hardcore gameplay.
  • versulasversulas Member UncommonPosts: 288
    The Chronicles of Spellborn. While it failed out the gate, it sure was ambitious. They strove for a lot of features I wish a lot of modern MMOs had.
  • steventruongsteventruong Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Mine would have to be Vindictus because it requires so much skill when it come to dodging and timing attacks in between animations at end game
  • RG0511RG0511 Member CommonPosts: 1
    If any of you remember Shadowbane, it was the most addicting game for me at the moment. I still feel nostalgic thinking of my time participating in massive PvP wars. This was a heavily PvP centric game, which made every instance of grinding a risky experience. The world was dynamic as well, and players could fly and use stealth. We sieged castles and destroyed walls, buildings, the works! Intensely fun game that focused it's development in players interacting with each other in a fair environment (not p2w). Games today focus too much on groundbreaking mechanics or something new to show at game expos, with a flashy business model of subscriptions and micro transactions.

Unfortunately Shadowbane shut down, and I was left wandering the MMO world searching for something to fill that void.
  • WskiSkyWskiSky Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Guild Wars 2. I can totally get lost in the world and have a great time. Levelling new characters is at my own pace, in the zones I want to play in, with interesting and varied class designs.
  • shore402shore402 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Blade & Soul because i love its story and the game is just super fun to play
  • ReMouRNReMouRN Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. I had some of the best experiences with others in that game. I loved the classes and the raids. That game had some _great_ dungeons as well. All around, had the potential to be the best mmorpg of all time, imo.

• chanmingchanming Member UncommonPosts: 52
    edited November 2016
    Ultima Online is a unique mmo and always will have a place in my heart but wow is my favorite because it is so immersive (still, sadly)
  • MrMagloreMrMaglore Member UncommonPosts: 2
    SWG was, and always will remain, near and dear to me. First time I made friends across the country. Haven't gotten into many games like that since then.
  • DeathreatDeathreat Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Tibia - I have loved it since 2001, even though it has changed so much it is still a difficult yet rewarding game and even has a strong community to this day.
  • lordbzdlordbzd Member UncommonPosts: 1
    final fantasy XIV, I have always loved anything from the Final Fantasy franchise
  • SakijiSakiji Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Flyff - Fly For Fun is my favorite for the role supporters have in the game.

The game spawned a very unique partnership system, naturally because of its party system which rewarded being in a full party (6p), while not all being together, it yielded the largest experience margin if you stayed seperate in duo teams.
    Additionally with combat taking place against enemies usually many levels above your own, or against many mobs at once a healer became mandatory to level.
    This resulted every player forming partnerships with a supporter be it temporary for each day or over a long term.
    Even though supporters were very valued, the class itself (Assist) was also a very able solo fighter, by switching weapons between supporting rods and fist weapons they were very versatile classes with high survivability.

Despite the game itself having many flaws, there aren't many others with such an intresting party concept and supporter role.
  • lauriszlaurisz Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Lineage 2, my first mmorpg :)
  • DecaeDecae Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Guild Wars. Great community and fun times.

• cmesupcmesup Member CommonPosts: 2
    SWTOR because it has best story in mmorpg, nuff said, although WoW was my first real mmo and I will never forget the memories it gave me.
  • WispykinsWispykins Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Wildstar...yep, you read that correctly I said...Wildstar. The people in my guild and the overall community are fantastic and for me it's the other players that make a game fun. I have lots of "favorite" games but right now Wildstar has all the cupcakes I need.
  • EbondevilEbondevil Member UncommonPosts: 5
    AO, my first and still ongoing!
  • gotenks22gotenks22 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    FFXI, playing it was the best years of my life.
  • HaradeasHaradeas Member UncommonPosts: 252
    World of Warcraft, it was so good, now so bad :(
  • iamjackbanditiamjackbandit Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Well my favorite mmo was City of Heroes, not only was it my fave but it was my first and by far the greatest I have played. Met so many cool people in that game, even have some on my facebook. Currently though I have been enjoying Elder Scrolls Online, the new patch has made it feel like an Elder Scrolls game and since the level scaling it has a sand boxy feel to it now which is wonderful
  • johnnychangsjohnnychangs Member UncommonPosts: 261
    Star Wars Galaxies, for so many reasons.
  • liflafliflaf Member UncommonPosts: 1
    LOTRO. Because it's Middle-earth! :)
  • BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624
    My all time favourite MMO was Lineage 2, for the siege and clan wars.
    But now I'm playing Black Desert and I love the combat, I couldn't go back to a tab-targeting game.

This discussion has been closed.