Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoundBlasterX Giveaway #3! - MMORPG.com News

Comments

• IhskanIhskan Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Star Wars Galaxies before NGE, because the housing, crafting and the various professions made it near perfection. Thank you for destroying it, Smedley!!!
  • RottsteinRottstein Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Rose Tinted Glasses:  Everquest - first and the one I wish was still the way I remember it.

Current: Project: Gorgon because it is not an easy mode lead me by my nose kind of game.
  • LoMaX21LoMaX21 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    edited November 2016
    EVE Online... I was a miner and pretty dedicated to it as well. A bit of back story will help... We had issues with one person who was removed from our corporation for stealing items from the hangers. We were based in a 0.5 next to some 0.4 and 0.3 for mining. I was one of the first ppl to actually get an Apoc class battleship and I quickly slapped 8 mining lasers on that bad boy and headed off into our pretty secure 0.4 next to us... Well about 2-3 hours into mining I look up and there is another ship (Megathron) basically merged with mine. At that time there was a known display bug that would do that, but after I was locked down and being fired at I quickly realized who it was and what was happening. Now I spent a serious amount of time mining to build that ship, and when I was forced to eject and run I was genuinely heat broken.

I told my corp mates to divide my stuff and either raffle it off or give to to other members cuz I was done, I was so mad but still had to go to work that day for 12 hours. When I logged in to say my final goodbyes, I noticed my hanger wasn't empty is was packed full of all the ore I needed to build another ship... Shortly after I logged off that afternoon they organized a (at the time) massive mining event to get me my ship back...

Now, I can't say I've ever experienced this in my real life, but I was so taken back by the gesture I continued to play for 6 more years and made friendships I will never forget! We celebrated and mourned as a group, we had births of babies to having a corp member die due to complications with medication.

All in all Eve Online will forever be the best MMO I have ever played, from the intense combat to the amazing community, pirates in all lol... We had a lot of fun breaking up them m00 blockades in Stains.

US and EU only... Well that's some BS. On the same continent but get shafted outta most the contests ugh...
    Post edited by LoMaX21 on
  • DragonyckDragonyck Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Tibia, because even if it doesn't have sound, good graphics nor gameplay mechanics, it is a true masterpiece. The loyal community, the loyal party quest and grinding friends, the amazing entertainment and pleasure I have while playing this... is just priceless.
  • anthony21690anthony21690 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    My favorite MMO has been gone since January 1st, 2010. Dungeon Runners, it was such a cute little niche Diablo-like mmo, I used to have so much fun just running through the game's procedural dungeons. The community was social, lively, and always entertaining. It's a shame NCSoft had to shut it down but it was honestly such a beauty of a game.
  • ShogooShogoo Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Asherons Call till everyone I knew left after yr's of play now Mostly just Trove as it's just a neat simple game

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    EQ forever. Nothing can replace the FEELS
  • BenezettaBenezetta Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Dark Age of Camelot.  Nothing was more exciting than RvR and siege warfare!!!
  • gunszxgunszx Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Well World of Warcraft Legion made the passion and LOVE back, im so glad and happy, that they have made lot of interesting stuff!
  • xkamuixkamui Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Vanilla World of Warcraft because I felt I was in a brand new world with infinity possibilities to explore to my hearts content.
  • FirbyFirby Member UncommonPosts: 33
    World of Warcraft. I started my own business playing it professionally and met my current live-in GF while playing the game.
  • cowboyazcowboyaz Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Ultima Online (Pre-Trammel)! Kal Ort Por...
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    WoW cause I have the most time in it.
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Star Wars Galaxies. It was my first MMO and I am a huge Star Wars nerd.
  • aph00laph00l Member CommonPosts: 1
    Everquest, nothing else could have introduced me as well to an MMO
  • Th3M4dH4tterTh3M4dH4tter Member CommonPosts: 1
    Hard question, so many good games but I will have to say World of Warcraft because even though I take breaks from it (some even a few years long) I keep coming back.
  • vicioussquidvicioussquid Member UncommonPosts: 9
    WoW when it first came out. Had lot's of fun playing with my friends as we leveled up.
  • hauer543hauer543 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Let's see... I guess I would have to say World of Warcraft even though I don't play it anymore, but have fond memories about. Currently waiting for Dark and Light though which sounds amazing.
  • SoransisSoransis Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Everquest because it was my first MMO
  • WalperWalper Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Good old Aion.
  • darkboazdarkboaz Member UncommonPosts: 160
    SWG not because it was my first  or the best it was not any of those things. It is my fav because it was hard and fun and most importantly it brought me here because $OE was so horrible about there forums
  • SuuupamarioSuuupamario Member UncommonPosts: 2
    World of Warcraft, because it's a feeling!
  • khilandroskhilandros Member UncommonPosts: 6
    World of Warcraft, because of the the friends and memories I have made while playing it for years.
  • lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522
    The first mmo I played for long time was Final Fantasy XI followed by Lord of the Rings Online. Those 2 are my favourite old ones. Currently my favorites are Guild Wars 2 and Final Fantasy XIV ARR.
  • SpleeterSpleeter Member CommonPosts: 2
    Rift, because it was, and still is, the first game to let me switch roles without having to make an all new toon.
This discussion has been closed.