Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Revelation Online - The First 30 Minutes - Just Gameplay - Revelation Online Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageRevelation Online - The First 30 Minutes - Just Gameplay - Revelation Online Videos - MMORPG.com

Revelation Online is the brand new MMORPG in its first closed beta. Made by NetEase and being brought west by My.Com, it's still got a long way to go in terms of localization (a lot of the game is in Russian and Chinese both). But this video gives a good look at character creation, the opening story and tone, plus combat as a Swordmage.

Read the full story here

Comments

• gandlesgandles Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Boring...Same as other korean MMos
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    I have enjoyed the gameplay. I'm quite lost in the story though. Since every other dialog is untranslated, I've given up on trying to follow it. I don't want to burn out on the game so I've just reported some bugs or other weird things and just occasionally check back in to it.
  • Veexer_NuiVeexer_Nui Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Bad money grab. What kind of game advertises Closed Beta on mmorpg.com just to sell founder packs....

Archeage EU - Nui

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Bad money grab. What kind of game advertises Closed Beta on mmorpg.com just to sell founder packs....

Go out on a limb and say just about every MMO since 2006 or seven.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    This looks horrible. Puke puke puke...
  • matthewearlmatthewearl Member UncommonPosts: 11
    It always seems these games are made by the same game developing engine since SIlk Roads lol. All the same fluffy colorful fonts and boxed channel icons, non-matched icons all over the place (usually brightly blinking shop icons and reward buttons), dialog boxes with characters standing opposed to each other on the sides, big beat-em-up arcade style damage numbers..but i do love the chinese VO. I wish more western ports allowed you to listen to the original VO's in games. Honestly this doesn't look like it brings anything new to the table. There was also a little hype for this game.
  • DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    edited November 2016
    Sorry...i watched that female character run and there is no way i could stand to watch that.

Why must they make the female (and some male) characters move and look like that ? Just can not ever play a game where it is so jarring to watch characters move and run around when they make them like that.

Maybe it is just me.. but i will never be interested in any game with character models and movements like that...ever.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Unfortunately, a lot of people do not realize how important the translations are for this game since there's a lot of systems in it. If you can't understand most of the game, of course you won't like it.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I will give this another try next beta now that I saw Hiveleaders video and he says the game does open up later.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    DMKano said:
    gandles said:
    Boring...Same as other korean MMos
    This is not a Korean MMO.

China and Korea are 2 different countries ;)

Two nations separated by a common mmoRPG style.  haha
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• chanmingchanming Member UncommonPosts: 52
    boring, copy-paste, typical...
    *alt-tabs to wow*
  • molepeopomolepeopo Member UncommonPosts: 40
    it's actually kinda boring to be honest
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Albatroes said:
    Unfortunately, a lot of people do not realize how important the translations are for this game since there's a lot of systems in it. If you can't understand most of the game, of course you won't like it.
    I see what you are trying to say but: Translations won't fix the boring combat. Translations won't fix the horrible UI with icons vomited all over the place. Translations won't fix the uninspired gameplay.

This game is not about being unable to understand its mechanics due to lack of translation, it is about its mechanics just not being very good.

I recently tried it again to justify my 15 bucks founders pack but could not bear it for more then an hour before I uninstalled. I rarely feel like I've wasted money on a game but this game actually did just that.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

Go out on a limb and say just about every MMO since 2006 or seven.

uhmmm my memory is fuzzy but i dont remember mmorpgs in 2006 having founders packs :P
  • eugheuforceeugheuforce Member UncommonPosts: 46
    edited November 2016
    My experience with this game was "text box, text box, accept, text box, complete, accept, complete, accept, watch a boring cutscene, text box, text box, text box, complete, accept, complete..."

Then 30min later you realize you're already lvl20, what?
  • OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034

DarLorkar said:

Sorry...i watched that female character run and there is no way i could stand to watch that.

Why must they make the female (and some male) characters move and look like that ?

Just can not ever play a game where it is so jarring to watch characters move and run around when they make them like that.

Maybe it is just me.. but i will never be interested in any game with character models and movements like that...ever.

Like that like that like that like that... If I'm trying to guess, I'll go with the exaggerated lean forward while sprinting?

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • ballisticknife0ballisticknife0 Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Eh, I enjoy it. PvP has a great pace.
  • LexDominoLexDomino Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Way too soon to tell if this game will be good or bad. It's mostly untranslated, the setting isn't one we're used to(architecture for example), and there's a huge difference between beta/launch. In launch players will actually be trying. Right now most are just trying to preview the game and smartly not trying to reveal too much before the game actually launches. No point burning out on a beta.

I'd say give it a month or two like any other MMO after launch. If you don't like it in the first month chances are you wouldn't like it until some major content patch changes nearly everything about the game.
  • axtrantiaxtranti Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Untranslated therefore bad. Regardless whether the game is translated or not, you can tell whether the game is worth it or not. I remember playing Starcraft, WoW-Vanilla and not knowing much english, I would just click the skills and see what it did and move from there. I did the same with Black Desert, awesome game, poorly published. If u think this game being translated makes it a better game... you probably won't like it once it is.

asdasdasd

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    What the? Look at how that char moves lol!

Plus, I just X the video after ... 2 or 3 minutes! I mean , this is a very poor copy of Blade n Soul !

Anyway, for the love of MMO's , please do not play this and support such companies! I mean Xerox companies!

Well , if I remember Kano comment from above, he said it's made by Chinese! Hence .. Xerox .

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• gandlesgandles Member UncommonPosts: 84
    My apologies on thinking it was Korean..All in all still not motivated to play this one on a regular basis.
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    They did a horrible job getting this ready for beta. The game is mostly still in Chinese with some Russian thrown in just to really make it look like a half ass job. This isn't a new game, so all we are testing is localization that apparently hasn't happened yet. Really poor first impression for many people. I don't like that it's F2P and my.com has a bad reputation for cash grabbing. I was cautiously optimistic about this game, but this beta has not inspired much confidence. Hopefully they get it together for the next round.
  • dreamsfadedreamsfade Member UncommonPosts: 339
    Ugh, another copy&paste Asian mmo hits the market.

• tonyvuknometonyvuknome Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Combat looks horrible won't be playing...
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    I've seen worse games, but that one was truly awful O.o