Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Darkening of Tristram - Fresh Meat! (Just Gameplay) - Diablo 3 Videos - MMORPG.com

Comments

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    What happened to "You think you do, but you don't." stance on nostalgia, eh Blizzard?

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    and it will have 6 million downloads day 1 :)
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577

mithoss said:

i wonder how diablo became the unwanted stepchild of blizz. every other project gets so much dedication and good old diablo has like 5 part-timers working on it. This "celebration" is a joke. Everybody will play it once, chuckle and thats it. Meanwhile they need 7 months for 1 new class, which means the team is REALLY small. If WoW, Hots and Overwatch werent so good i would've been pissed about buying a virtual ticket.

Except that Diablo 3 is still better than all those games combined..After the expansion I really thought they'd invest a lot of time and resources into it, they really dropped the ball hard on this one. Blizzard is sadly not anymore what they were 10+ years ago.
  • AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    That wasn't great. Normally, I can enjoy something for what it is and not what I want it to be. I find that really difficult with Diablo though. Not sure if I have too many good memories of the franchise or it's really as bad as I think it is. Diablo 3, and everything since then with the franchise, has just been a disappointment. This is no exception.

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    This being their big announcement was a huge letdown.
  • sedatedkarmasedatedkarma Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Scorchien said:
    That's a lot of potential disappointment. 
    Happily playing Vanilla and BC WoW, again, since September 2016.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Did they remake the complete Diablo 1 in D3? :open_mouth:

Or just the level up to the butcher?

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

edited November 2016
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:

because more than 20 million players use Battle.net launcher, combined with the fact that this is a free event, it doesn't really say much. 

Blizzard puts an add for any new event on their launcher - instant visibility for 20+ million players.

Thx for pointin out nothing but the obvious .. 6 mill will play it (at least), feel better now
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:

because more than 20 million players use Battle.net launcher, combined with the fact that this is a free event, it doesn't really say much. 

Blizzard puts an add for any new event on their launcher - instant visibility for 20+ million players.

Thx for pointin out nothing but the obvious .. 6 mill will play it (at least), feel better now
    I'll probably be among those. As will many of the people here bitching that it's not good enough, no doubt. :chuffed:

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

edited November 2016
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:

I don't feel better nor worse.... Just feel the same as always hehe.

So you agree that me saying 6mil players is nothing for Blizzard, that would make your point as obvious as mine ;)

Also looking at total global sales of D3, 6mil players would be less than 30% of D3 players.

So again not that impressive is it?
    really 6 mill would not impress you , that would be more people playing it on Jan 1st than any other game...

and 30 % (which it will end up more tho) does not impress you Most devs would kill for those numbers(traffic) .. But you arent impressed ..lmfao
  • carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:

Are we talking world wide?
  • TheIdealistTheIdealist Member UncommonPosts: 45
    no pvp? = dead game
    Diablo without pvp is just a good single player game
    DMKano said:
    carotid said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:

yes D3 sold 30mil boxes

6mil players would be 20% of total boxes sold - that is apparently impressive... /shrug
    you are the one focusing on the number 6 mill was an arbitrary number blurted out like i said it will be much higher(possibly 20 mill plus)  .. Blizz will be fine .. you need to stop strokin your epeen ... And spend more time worrying about head proportions in a fantasy model ... Something like say Devilian wished they could put out a free content patch and have a fraction of those numbers ... But they cant ..can they .. there is a reason for that ... you know what it is .............There game blows
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    all the people babbling about diablo 1 and how much "darker" it was.... i think your memory might play tricks on you here.

http://media.gamersnexus.net/images/media/2012/features/diablo/diablo-the-butcher.jpg

uuuuh the darkness... seriously guys.

if you wanna play diablo 1, do it. i don't want to do it anymore, since the engine is reeeeaaaally outdated by now. and if you think d1 was better, fair story, but that's just your opinion, and it's surely not comming from facts, but emotions.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Thane said:
    all the people babbling about diablo 1 and how much "darker" it was.... i think your memory might play tricks on you here.

http://media.gamersnexus.net/images/media/2012/features/diablo/diablo-the-butcher.jpg

Well, the screenshot is dark in terms of theme, at least.  About on par with Mortal Kombat 1, even in terms of graphic quality.  You couldn't expect much more than that from those days, I suppose.
    Thane said:

if you wanna play diablo 1, do it. i don't want to do it anymore, since the engine is reeeeaaaally outdated by now. and if you think d1 was better, fair story, but that's just your opinion, and it's surely not comming from facts, but emotions.
    Come back when you know what you are talking about.
    edited November 2016
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    carotid said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:

yes D3 sold 30mil boxes

6mil players would be 20% of total boxes sold - that is apparently impressive... /shrug
    you are the one focusing on the number 6 mill was an arbitrary number blurted out like i said it will be much higher(possibly 20 mill plus)  .. Blizz will be fine .. you need to stop strokin your epeen ... And spend more time worrying about head proportions in a fantasy model ... Something like say Devilian wished they could put out a free content patch and have a fraction of those numbers ... But they cant ..can they .. there is a reason for that ... you know what it is .............There game blows

Did I say that Blizzard won't be fine? That's your conjecture.

You brought up 6mil - that was your figure, now you're downplaying what you said.

Diablo 3 means very little to Blizzard - what's bringing in money is HearthStone and Overwatch. 

This is a free event - Blizzard won't make much off this, so they don't frankly care if 1 mil plays this or 20mil.

That's not where they are making money at all - they did this as a nod to the anniversary of Diablo 1- it cost them very little to do and they are not expecting to make anything off it.

One thing i dont need is you tell me about Blizz , I own thousands of shares of there stock for 10 years now , i am heavily invested in ATVI and many other houses .... ..

[mod edit]
    Post edited by Vaross on
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    carotid said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:

yes D3 sold 30mil boxes

You brought up 6mil - that was your figure, now you're downplaying what you said.

Diablo 3 means very little to Blizzard - what's bringing in money is HearthStone and Overwatch. 

This is a free event - Blizzard won't make much off this, so they don't frankly care if 1 mil plays this or 20mil.

That's not where they are making money at all - they did this as a nod to the anniversary of Diablo 1- it cost them very little to do and they are not expecting to make anything off it.

One thing i dont need is you tell me about Blizz , I own thousands of shares of there stock for 10 years now , i am heavily invested in ATVI and many other houses .... ..

That don't mean jack shit. Try again.
  • sedatedkarmasedatedkarma Member UncommonPosts: 181
    edited November 2016
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    carotid said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:

yes D3 sold 30mil boxes

[mod edit]
    "They" say it's never a good idea to get emotionally tied to your stock.  

With your lips so firmly attached how can you know what they are feeding you?

This D1 event is a joke.  Particularly after telling us flash back WoW is something they "can't" do, nor do we want it.  It looks like a lazy attempt from Blizzard to appease people with nostalgia and shows a huge misunderstanding of what these people are actually looking for
    Post edited by Vaross on
    Happily playing Vanilla and BC WoW, again, since September 2016.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Wish it was D1 with D3 graphics not D3 with D1 graphics. 

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    edited November 2016
    meh- was ok- mainly because it was new content for me. other wise very boring. wasn't impressed. iam not nostalgic with horrible graphics.

guess diablo 3 has had its play until they release a real expansion to it.- hoping necromancer brings new blood to the game.

oh well.
  • nadrian3knadrian3k Member UncommonPosts: 101
    That's it? A graphic filter and a few custom mobs placed in certain already existing areas?

I was honestly thinking they were doing a full remake of the game..as in, the actual old tristam, the npcs, the dialogues etc etc. Basically a D1 with a 2016 touch.

I am disappointed really.
  • nimander99nimander99 Member UncommonPosts: 288
    I think the idea is cool, but I would've left the movement thing where it belongs... In the past. The nostalgia alone is enough, Would've been cooler to time gate back and have all the NPC's alive and in Tristram actually giving you quests and running the dungeon hack.

I'm with Bill in thinking that they are making a Diablo MMOARPG. That will be awesome! I just hope they don't take too long. That ship could sail if they don't get it out quick enough.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    I've been thinking...
    Imagine they gave in to the Vanilla WoW demands and it would be an outcome like this.

Maybe scratching that nostalgia itch combined with what we now consider good gameplay really isn't that easy to achieve.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    If we continue to pay for crap guess what we gonna get.....Mo crap