Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upcoming MMORPGs: Which one is your favorite?

francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 479
edited November 2016 in Polls

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited November 2016
    chose Pantheon , but why didnt you include Dark and Light ??
  • francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 479
    edited November 2016
    The poll is limited to 10 options, so if I added Bless, Dark and Light or one of the many other upcoming MMORPGs, I had to remove one of the 9 games in the list. I haven't heard about Dark and Light much and it didn't make the cut. =P
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Chose Camelot Unchained over Pantheon because it may actually be released before I'm too old to move a mouse.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited November 2016

Nothing on that list, 

Age Of Wushu 2, Dark And Light, Lineage Eternal, Lost Ark, Peria Chronicles and Project W. 
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    I have no interest in any of them, and am really starting to think citadel of sorcery is vaporware

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,789
    Another subjective poll that leaves out a lot of other choices.

Let's party like it is 1863!

edited November 2016
    Gruug said:
    Indeed, many choices were left out. Only 9 were picked among probably hundreds of upcoming MMORPGs. We could ask mmorpg.com to increase the limit for the poll, not sure it's needed though.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    edited November 2016
    Gruug said:

So make your own wonder-poll.  OP already said that it's limited to 10 choices.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I would've voted for CoE if they had a $200m budget. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Chose Camelot Unchained over Pantheon because it may actually be released before I'm too old to move a mouse.

Maybe they will come up with a walker input device
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I'm vaguely hopeful that either Dual Universe or New World will be exciting, but it's way too early to tell in both cases.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Crowfall dropping so low on this site when over a year ago it was all the rage is probably not a good sign.

New World got 0 votes too.
    BruceYee said:
    Crowfall dropping so low on this site when over a year ago it was all the rage is probably not a good sign.

New World got 0 votes too.
    I'm surprised about New World not getting any vote. I guess that Amazon will need to show a lot more than just the short intro video to get people interested.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    I'm surprised about New World not getting any vote. I guess that Amazon will need to show a lot more than just the short intro video to get people interested.
    At the moment we know nothing about it, there is nothing to be excited about, except for the good intentions.

I chose Pantheon but I have the feeling that it will never get done, at least not according to my expectations.
    Brad Mcquaid needs at least $10 Millions to make something that is considered above amateurish level.
    My guess is that he is nowhere near that amount.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Voted 'Other' because I haven't had my hands on any of them.  I don't buy the marketing hype -- description can be much more vivid (and misleading) than pixels.  I want a game based on what is actually is, not what some marketing department leads me to expect.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I haven't heard too much about new world, so it's not something I can look forward to.  I'm an information kinda guy.  The more info I have, the more or .... less that I look forward to a game.

I self identify as a monkey.

edited November 2016
    ste2000 said:
    At the moment we know nothing about it, there is nothing to be excited about, except for the good intentions.
    We do know a few things:
    - developed by Amazon (budget, talent, experience...)
    - open-ended sandbox, survival MMORPG
    - 17th century colonial America mixed with fantasy & horror elements
    - PvE & PvP (farmers, soldiers, monster-hunters, explorers ,etc.) 
    - big focus on emergent gameplay, exploration, freedom and social features
    - player-built villages, farms, houses
    - Twitch integration
    - Lumberyard engine (based on CryEngine architecture)
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Bless Online is what I am anticipating most, followed by Sea of Thieves.

Of the ones on your list, Pantheon.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    none of the above.

the only thing that kind of got me excited was discovering the Conan Exile upcoming survival game by Funcom. not really an mmo though.....AND its Funcom :S.......
  • ApexTKMApexTKM Member UncommonPosts: 334
    none on that list, The Repopulation all the way.
    The acronym MMORPG use to mean Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

But the acronym MMMORPG now currently means Microscopic Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Kappa.
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381
    Other, as in ' none.'

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• ApexTKMApexTKM Member UncommonPosts: 334
    edited November 2016
    ste2000 said:
    We do know a few things:
    - developed by Amazon (budget, talent, experience...)
    - open-ended sandbox, survival MMORPG
    - 17th century colonial America mixed with fantasy & horror elements
    - PvE & PvP (farmers, soldiers, monster-hunters, explorers ,etc.) 
    - big focus on emergent gameplay, exploration, freedom and social features
    - player-built villages, farms, houses
    - Twitch integration
    - Lumberyard engine (based on CryEngine architecture)
    Yea I mean the highlight of that game is the twitch integration. Some people including me don't have high hopes or excitement for it because we are smart about how we are setting our expectations for that game. Don't expect it to be anything crazy and intricate and full on sandboxy. Its gotta be something that people would want to watch on twitch.

I don't think people would want to watch someone craft or harvest for hours on end just to make that item or build stuff all day. People want to watch players getting straight into action and spending less time on that sort of stuff. So no, I'm not suprised that the game isn't gaining alot of popularity and simply insufficient information to call it a favorite over other mmos which have more info.
    The acronym MMORPG use to mean Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

But the acronym MMMORPG now currently means Microscopic Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Kappa.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Voted other as in none atm.

Lost my enthusiasm for camelot unchained and crowfall since the game footage looks like games that are far away from launch. Revelation online and bless online looks like more of the same themeparks I already played. 
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Voted Camelot Unchained as I was a massive DAoC fan boy and want it to do well. I'm looking forward to playing Albion Online (IF) it ever gets out of  its 'last' beta.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file