Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New player starts EVE, gets mercilessly griefed, realises he has no chance to compete

MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
https://marrocsevestory.wordpress.com/2016/11/08/how-it-all-started/

I think this community needs to take a step back and look at itself, maybe think about what we're even doing here.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Comments

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Did you read your own link? That is NOT the story in there.
  • Erinak1Erinak1 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    hfztt said:
    I wondered that too, although the guy does kinda imply at the end that he cant compete, he still seems to be having fun.
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Malcanis said:
    https://marrocsevestory.wordpress.com/2016/11/08/how-it-all-started/

I think this community needs to take a step back and look at itself, maybe think about what we're even doing here.
    Gramps, I'll tell you what common sense is: Next time you put a link with LOTS OF TEXTS, you should put TL;DR version of them.

And the title is really misleading; that's not what the blog implied, in fact the writer really enjoyed his experience.

+1 on clickbait thread.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Erinak1 said:
    hfztt said:
    I wondered that too, although the guy does kinda imply at the end that he cant compete, he still seems to be having fun.
    Why?

The game is more easy then ever.
    And EVE is not about ingame skills, it's about using your mind.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited November 2016
    hfztt said:
    The thread title is a sarcasm...
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Erinak1 said:
    hfztt said:
    If you read all 3 blog posts youll see he had a great time and ended upon the winning end.

This is actually how more players new experience should go, rather than toiling for months in HS.

Moral of the story, join the right new player corp, will change everything for you.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited November 2016
    hfztt said:
    Nope he didn't.
    The Blog was describing how a 48 Hour old Player can still be useful to EvE Commanders grand scheme.
    The message is, you don't need to wait months before starting to enjoy the game, it describes how EvE should actually be played, which is by being part of an active  Corporation.
    EvE is not just about Spreadsheets and Ganking, it is also about Strategy and sacrifice for the good of the bigger scheme.
    That's why EVE is still the best PvP game out there...it has a purpose and every pawn in the rooster has its use.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Kyleran said:

Moral of the story, join the right new player corp, will change everything for you.
    That's always been the secret of success in EVE. Some people just aren't good at finding those though, lol
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    SpottyGekko said:
    That's always been the secret of success in EVE.
    No, it wasn't.

It is weird how difficult it seems to be for people to find some middle ground and they rather pick some extreme stances instead - the game can't be enjoyed at all or only in certain way...
  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    Muke said:

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    ste2000 said:
    hfztt said:
    Nope he didn't.
    The Blog was describing how a 48 Hour old Player can still be useful to EvE Commanders grand scheme.
    The message is, you don't need to wait months before starting to enjoy the game, it describes how EvE should actually be played, which is by being part of an active  Corporation.
    EvE is not just about Spreadsheets and Ganking, it is also about Strategy and sacrifice for the good of the bigger scheme.
    That's why EVE is still the best PvP game out there...it has a purpose and every pawn in the rooster has its use.
    Your post made me think of this lol:

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    So much salt. 

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    So much salt. 
    Yep and the snow season hasn't even started yet......

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    It's a great propaganda piece, and encouraging for new players.  However, it reads absolutely nothing like an actual new player to EVE.

The first three days of 99% of new players is spent asking "How do i.... ?" rather than joining Brave almost immediately and losing a couple dozen ships.

Source?  Ten+ years of playing EVE with five of those running my own small gang PVP corp.  If I ever met a one day old player using that many EVE colloquialisms already, then he'd go on my "Never give this player access to a damn thing" list.
  • lokiboardlokiboard Member UncommonPosts: 229
    LOL you just described every single forced pvp game ever.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Personally I think Eve would have been much better as a PVE game but im not a griefing PVP fan eitehr.
  • MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Personally I think Eve would have been much better as a PVE game but im not a griefing PVP fan eitehr.

Ah yes if only CCP could have focused on their apprent genius at producing compelling and challenging PvE content such as

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    "Take it from a Newbie It is definitely worth it. "

"Speechless at my experience, they mocked my decision saying I would regret it going in blind.

How wrong they are."

Sounds like this guy had a great time.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    edited November 2016
    Just came back to the game, Eve, after a 2 year break. While my main account is not an Alpha clone, I've been in 3 NPSI, not purple/fleet shoot it, fleets with many alphas in 4 days gotten 40 kills. While it may be very restricting it serves as a free method to try eve, learn things, and train a significant amount of early skills for free.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Gdemami said:
    hfztt said:
    The thread title is a sarcasm...
    No isn't !

OP didn't even reply to his own thread saying or hitting that this is sarcasm! Re-read the title ! If you find that sarcasm , then .. you have no idea what sarcasm is !

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381
    H0urg1ass said:
    It's a great propaganda piece, and encouraging for new players.  However, it reads absolutely nothing like an actual new player to EVE.

The first three days of 99% of new players is spent asking "How do i.... ?" rather than joining Brave almost immediately and losing a couple dozen ships.

Source?  Ten+ years of playing EVE with five of those running my own small gang PVP corp.  If I ever met a one day old player using that many EVE colloquialisms already, then he'd go on my "Never give this player access to a damn thing" list.
    There are actually a lot of people randomly directing newbies to organizations where these answers can be gotten nowadays. Everyone knows of EVE Uni, Brave Newbies, Pandemic Horde, and KarmaFleet. There is no way a genuine newbro cannot easily find himself in one of these helpful organizations. You can make a corp separate to your own corp in order to train newbies and put very basic skillbooks and ships in corp access. We have a bunch of directors called the "Newbean Initiative" who have earned access (many of these people are newbies themselves) to these hangers in order to seed ships and books to newbies. Its a very solid system and even if one day someone decides to steal everything from the newbean hanger it would not affect us in the least bit. We only have to give a very small portion of our wealth to make sure we have solid EVE players for years to come. More important than personal gain, especially for organizations that have "reached the top" is to make sure EVE is a healthy populated environment for years to come.

As a final note, Join Pandemic Horde :)

No commitment, no obligations, just casual fun for all.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Sounds to me like he found out what's so special about EVE in his first 48 hours. 
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    always love it when noobs think they can go lowsec and rock :)

this ain't WoW kids, this is eve, and EVE IS WAR

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Muke said:
    Erinak1 said:
    hfztt said:
    Why?

The game is more easy then ever.

Jedi?