Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New update Nov 15th. Starting Fresh

BK2O1BK2O1 Member UncommonPosts: 91
I played this game a while ago and have decided to start fresh when the new update drops on the 15th. Anyone else looking to start a new character or for the first time? Lets fly together ;D

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Imo not much point waiting....

Alpha clones isn't much to look forward, and the rest of the "expansion" is just...not really expanding...still...
  • MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    BK2O1 said:
    I played this game a while ago and have decided to start fresh when the new update drops on the 15th. Anyone else looking to start a new character or for the first time? Lets fly together ;D

FYI, you can start a new account for a free trial now and get a good headstart in your skilling (trial alts with train at full rate, alphas at only half rate). Your account will automatically be converted to alpha status when the trial ends.

Alternatively, you can just log into your old account, because that will be in alpha state as well. Any skills you trained outside the alpha limits won't be lost, they just won't apply - but you will have access to any assets you accumulated.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Agreed, unlike other MMOs EVE is not a game to start over, if you already have a character with SPs trained on it just reactivate and go

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Gdemami said:

Alpha clones isn't much to look forward, and the rest of the "expansion" is just...not really expanding...still...
    On a side note the upcoming changes to boosting, particularly with regards to mining are a very unwelcome change for me.

Actually has me seriously considering playing another MMORPG.

When is D & L coming out again? ;)

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719
    edited November 2016
    Kyleran said:
    On a side note the upcoming changes to boosting, particularly with regards to mining are a very unwelcome change for me.

You mean the removal of off-grid boosts ?

Gdemami said:

I can't believe i'm gonna have to eat my hat and be saying it now after all this time, but i kinda wished we had complete walking in stations nowdays 
    With optional easy overview menu for fitting, etc, of course.
  • 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719
    edited November 2016
    Noes,  double post
    edited November 2016
    13lake said:
    Kyleran said:

You mean the removal of off-grid boosts ?

Gdemami said:

I can't believe i'm gonna have to eat my hat and be saying it now after all this time, but i kinda wished we had complete walking in stations nowdays 
    With optional easy overview menu for fitting, etc, of course.
    Yeah, basically mining boosts from inside the safety of a POS.

I understand why changes might be necessary for off grid combat boosts, but as a miner I'm already taking most of the risk in any encounter.

They say these changes will better enable miners to fight back, or at least survive until help arrives, but I remain skeptical.

PVP almost always heavily favors the aggressor in EVE, doubtful this will be anything different.

I mean I don't know if you've seen the stats for the new Orca and Rorqual but holy shit they're going to be death machines.

I mean I'll put it this way: if I was in a gang of say 15 BCs and the FC said we were going to take on a new rorqual, I'd be expecting to lose my ship

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    We'll be doing the start fresh review too. Might even pester @Gazimoff to do the thing.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Malcanis said:
    BK2O1 said:

FYI, you can start a new account for a free trial now and get a good headstart in your skilling (trial alts with train at full rate, alphas at only half rate). Your account will automatically be converted to alpha status when the trial ends.

Alternatively, you can just log into your old account, because that will be in alpha state as well. Any skills you trained outside the alpha limits won't be lost, they just won't apply - but you will have access to any assets you accumulated.

Can you convert a trial to alpha?
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

waynejr2 said:
    Malcanis said:
    BK2O1 said:

Can you convert a trial to alpha?
    Any unsubscribed account is an alpha account. As soon as a trial completes, it's either subbed or an alpha

Malcanis said:
    I mean I'll put it this way: if I was in a gang of say 15 BCs and the FC said we were going to take on a new rorqual, I'd be expecting to lose my ship
    Good point, but I've found PVPers to be very resourceful in killing me.  Expecting a Capital hot drop. ;)

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Kyleran said:
    Agreed, unlike other MMOs EVE is not a game to start over, if you already have a character with SPs trained on it just reactivate and go

So reactivating an old account sounds good.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263
    I had a trial account years ago. Heard about the alpha clone changes, some visual updates (explosions and such), and heard about the other things that have come about in recent years. Decided to sub and get my free month (from subbing out of a trial) and get a head start on any new players that might come with the alpha clone option. Struggling with some of the more puzzling activities, like exploring. Since I did the introductory quest so long ago. I'm going to start a new character to experience the new tutorial system. Also, because my main is a Gallante drone flyer that runs missions and mining. I want to also have a Minmatar Pirate....for reasons....

:pleased:
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Keldor837 said:
    I had a trial account years ago. Heard about the alpha clone changes, some visual updates (explosions and such), and heard about the other things that have come about in recent years. Decided to sub and get my free month (from subbing out of a trial) and get a head start on any new players that might come with the alpha clone option. Struggling with some of the more puzzling activities, like exploring. Since I did the introductory quest so long ago. I'm going to start a new character to experience the new tutorial system. Also, because my main is a Gallante drone flyer that runs missions and mining. I want to also have a Minmatar Pirate....for reasons....

:pleased:
    I think you severely underestimate/misunderstand Alpha clone limitations...
  • CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Malcanis said:
    I mean I don't know if you've seen the stats for the new Orca and Rorqual but holy shit they're going to be death machines.
    I expect they will be nerfed soon after once CCP sees people using them as death machines.

• FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Kyleran said:
    Gdemami said:

LOL... looks like someone here hasnt REALLY played a game by Snail Games.
    Calfis said:
    Malcanis said:
    I expect they will be nerfed soon after once CCP sees people using them as death machines.
    So in 2 years then?