Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Threads being deleted that voice genuine concerns about the game on official site

BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
edited November 2016 in Trove
I'm posting here because it is neutral territory and for fear of my account being banned if I post on the Trove forums.

For the last few days there has been downtime, disconnects and the entire playerbase is having problems in one way or another staying logged into the game.

I have been watching the forums for updates and while I'm doing this have seen posts disappear that ask for compensation for the people who paid for patron status right before my eyes. The topic title isn't deleted however and when you click it you get redirected to a main thread with updates on the issues.

When I clicked to see how this was happening, I was shocked to see that it wasn't the usual community manager "Fasti" but a name from the past I hoped to never see again - Celestraza(now with a new name-Celestrata), who was the community manager for Infinite Crisis and known for deleting threads that brought up real concerns about the game when the topics weren't in favor of Turbine. Anyone who was with that game from the start and not biased knows what I'm talking about.

As a fan of Trove & Trion games I was disappointed to see that they had hired someone who some felt played a direct role in the downfall of that game and appointed this person to a position that allows her to repeat history and possibly contribute to the demise of yet another game in the same way.

I thought Trion was a good company until now and didn't listen to the hundreds of people on this site and others that said otherwise because I really enjoyed playing their games.

Any company that silences its paying playerbase when they voice real concerns in sincere ways imo can't be trusted and will never see another penny from me.

I know in the big picture it doesn't matter that I'll no longer support their company/game but this is just something I felt had to be brought up out into the open as an account of history as it is happening.

Post edited by BruceYee on

Comments

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I always tell people YOU CANNOT BE CRITICAL OF A GAME ON OFFICIAL GAME SITE.   Places like Reddit or MMORPG are where you go to voice problems with the game.  If I owned the game I would probably be deleting posts also.  I don't really blame them.