Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Not So MMO - Dishonored 2: The First 30

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Not So MMO - Dishonored 2: The First 30

MMORPG.com is the leading destination for MMORPG games, news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I see steam is LOADED with complains about hurruble performance, fps dropping to single digits even on 1080 machines, game not even loading and such.
    Someone call Bethesda and tell them that this is not Skyrim or Oblivion and their "mods will fix it" policy doesn't apply.

They better deliver a patch yesterday, or it will be a very disappointing weekend for many.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Volgore said:

I see steam is LOADED with complains about hurruble performance, fps dropping to single digits even on 1080 machines, game not even loading and such.

Someone call Bethesda and tell them that this is not Skyrim or Oblivion and their "mods will fix it" policy doesn't apply.

They better deliver a patch yesterday, or it will be a very disappointing weekend for many.

No kidding? I need to play more. Even on Ultra and at 3440 it seemed great.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Just got home from work and will be buying it and playing it.
    Performance issues?Likely possible since it is a MUCH better looking game than most crap i see being advertised to me.
    Going back 20 years or so,i still laugh when i hear people talking about "polish'.If you rather have a piece of crap game that runs smooth ,than a solid game with a few hitches,you go right ahead and enjoy that pile of crap,i'll play the quality games.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    You can barely expect a game that's PC ONLY to perform correctly on Day 1 on PC, it's pretty sad actually. They said they were working on a patch already, I'll be passing for about a month. Usually when initial reviews are poor, games prices drop pretty quick. Expect to see this for $30-35 within 30 days.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

epoq said:

You can barely expect a game that's PC ONLY to perform correctly on Day 1 on PC, it's pretty sad actually. They said they were working on a patch already, I'll be passing for about a month. Usually when initial reviews are poor, games prices drop pretty quick. Expect to see this for $30-35 within 30 days.

I would say you are a smart cookie,i usually wait as well for the bugs and patches to be worked out and you are correct,you likely get the game at a bargain price in a month or two.However we might see some added stuff coming our way for enduring yet another buggy release,seems EVERY developer is releasing either buggy games or unfinished games or just low content games.

I got DH1 for like 15 bucks with all addons on a Steam sale one day,that was a great bargain,so yeah if you can wait it out,you save big time.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I usually wait awhile for further optimization before buying now a days. Sometimes you get a better game for less and if it's a dog then you've dodged a bullet until it's fixed.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey