Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AION 5.1 - The best patch in recent history

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Comments

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    I wish I could have gotten into this game.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    filmoret said:

Give it another go.  ;)
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    what makes it so good, I just watched a guy run to a vendor for 6 minutes, I havent played in years please enlighten

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Loved this game, played it when it first came out and years after.  Still have an alt for every class.  Got tired of the grind and that was it.  Great stories.  Great combat.  Fun exploring.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    I also heard that 5.0 and 5.1 is an awesome update! I still have few friends who plays in EU , but I just can't return there. gameforge is a no no NO for me! 

What is really sad is .. I just read some topics/comments in EU forums and I am actually surprised that players do encourage other players to ... spend real money in the cash shop ( p2w ) . 

Imagine in what state is the game now! Pf .. 

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    filmoret said:
    Same here and i tried VERY hard,i played it for like a month .Usually i see a linear game,i am out of there almost instantly or maybe within an hour until i see the combat system.

The game imo is way too generic,it was merely selling a gimmick of flying which many games have been doing since.Some back then and likely even now since devs are still trying to sell the gimmick might love the flying aspect,not me,i find it ruins a game and looks cheesy.
    I think the most important point is that if you loved the game since day 1,anything since is likely a biased opinion, "usually,not always".

He talks about Mythic gear being sellable,,that is a real iffy idea,it has both good and bad points.However he basically talks about pvp which i am NEVER interested in my rpg's.The BAD thing is when i look/see the game,it looks exactly like a NCSOFT design ,pretty much like looking at Lineage 2.Also sounds like he can't wait to use the cash shop...."more important things"  lmao.

Finally,the author's tastes in games ....Skyforge,Wildstar,Blade n Soul etc etc are definitely not games i like,so i really can't buy into his hype.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited November 2016
    If you want a Trinity System game with community,  great combat, an old school feel and long progression where you have to put in some work then come to Aion.  

Anybody interested in playing please join Tiamat Server.  =)
  • DJXeonDJXeon Member UncommonPosts: 553

Best patch that killed AION, still heavy unrewarding grind with regular gear failures, servers merging.

The game is dying fast. 

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    They really need to increase their inventory space or make it like GW2 which gives you access to the auction house from your UI.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    DJXeon said:

Best patch that killed AION, still heavy unrewarding grind with regular gear failures, servers merging.

The game is dying fast. 

Fast? The game has been out for 8 years. I'd call that slow.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    I am not interested in any game where the main goal is PvP unless I can have a satisfying experience just with PvE then I will play. I did play Aion when it first released and I enjoyed it and the crafting and its horrible fail chances was what drove me away but I would not have lasted once it was time for PvP anyway.

Oddly enough having said that I'm actually playing in DAoC recently after reading what Kyleran said and enjoying the very old style MMORPG 1.65 rules. No maps no indication of where to go. You have to ask where to find a mob or read the death messages and message the person and ask where they died. This actually happened to me I think someone needed that mob that killed me and awhile after I died I got a tell asking where I died. I laughed at that.Things are not handed at all to you. Even though the game is old I am strangely engrossed in it.

I doing crafting now and it is taking long I mean really long and you know I've been spoilt rotten I realised in spite of having played Everquest and progressed in games to where they are now I was shocked at how much I expected some things in the game then remembering it wasn't like that . Yes games have definitely evolved and changed so much that when you go play an old game like Everquest or DAoC it may be a shock. I am actually paying attention to the names of NPCs around me so that when I get a crafting task I know where to go and I have the worst sense of direction so I can get lost very easily and I took forever learning the way around Tir Na Nog. Well in Everquest even after 5 years I was still getting lost. It's really amazing how the quickly people get used to conveniences and forget how it was before.
    Chamber of Chains