Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did they fix this game?

filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
But you will have to face RNG upgrades, RNG item explosions,  RNG crafting.  Yes RNG crafting where you get some random stats on the items you craft.  RNG upgrades where you might get the upgrade and you might not and possibly even get it exploded.

Buying land and hoping some dhole isnt sneaking around and claims it before you can.  Hauling packs and hoping people from your own faction don't steal them because they can without consequence.  One player using some kind of bot claims all the land even though there are 50 players all trying to claim that same piece of land.  

Auroria doesn't give honor for kills even though its a huge freakin pvp continent.
PVP weapons and armor are horrible.
The best way to get PVP honor is in arena.
Pushing everything towards cash shop. 
They fixed blockades= that took way too long

I am willing to rethink this game but I haven't played since launch.  I am wondering if they fixed any of those problems.  Also if you had a major beef with the game please list it so we can see if it has been resolved.  Please if you do not know the current situation of the game do not answer these problems with things we already know.
Are you onto something or just on something?

Comments

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    i dont think anyone plays this game anymore..

If you look @ twitch are mostly russians
  • BeowulfsamBeowulfsam Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Some of the peeps I hang out with mentioned it's much easier to regrade up to, em, delphinad I think. Less RNG-ish than it used to be. Few that don't play atm will play the new 3.0 servers that come out in december, so I guess that would be a good start to check it out again. Or just check patchnotes and see for yourself. 
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    It is still basic P2W.

• FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    filmoret said:
    But you will have to face RNG upgrades, RNG item explosions,  RNG crafting.  Yes RNG crafting where you get some random stats on the items you craft.  RNG upgrades where you might get the upgrade and you might not and possibly even get it exploded.

Buying land and hoping some dhole isnt sneaking around and claims it before you can.  Hauling packs and hoping people from your own faction don't steal them because they can without consequence.  One player using some kind of bot claims all the land even though there are 50 players all trying to claim that same piece of land.  

Auroria doesn't give honor for kills even though its a huge freakin pvp continent.

I am willing to rethink this game but I haven't played since launch.  I am wondering if they fixed any of those problems.  Also if you had a major beef with the game please list it so we can see if it has been resolved.  Please if you do not know the current situation of the game do not answer these problems with things we already know.
    This guy is like the Trump of Archeage. He knows nothing about the game.

RNG has been nerfed to carebear hell.
    Items only blow up past Celestial.
    Items no longer have critical failures until celestial.
    Hardly anyone uses the Delph upgradeable system anymore. We now have up to T7 Obsidian, which is 100% upgradeable if you farm the mats.

When you buy land, the land is already claimed. You literally click on a "for sale sign" and pay money and bam its yours. If you demolish the land, sure it becomes vacant, but thats not a broken system and there is very rarely any need to delete land that you buy. If you get scammed by someone offering to sell you land and you give him money in trade, well , you are a fucking idiot then for not using the built in escrow system.

The best way to get PVP honor is doing your CR and other PVP dailies.
    You can no longer effectively farm 1v1 arena. This is a good thing bc 1v1 arena was essentially a haven for Swipers.
    Your own faction can take packs from you is not news. This game is not based off factions. Its based off guilds and player nations. Being in the same faction garauntees you nothing unless you are in a peaceful zone. Smart players understand this and run their packs by the hundreds safely when a zone is in peace.
    PVP weapons and armor arent a thing. The economy is driven by crafting and labor, not by farming pvp points. Some weapons are a must like having a Nodachi to get the useable and switching back, but there is no reason why the best things in the game should come from anything other than crafting. This was the entire drive why Hasla weapons were shit and were killing the crafting system. Trion was smart and got rid of them.

Im not sure if you are claiming that all these problems still exist in the game or if you are merely trying to get answers to your questions. Your post looks inflammatory and rage-like. This is the current situation in AA.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    edited November 2016
    filmoret said:

Hardly anyone uses the Delph upgradeable system anymore. We now have up to T7 Obsidian, which is 100% upgradeable if you farm the mats.

When you buy land, the land is already claimed. You literally click on a "for sale sign" and pay money and bam its yours. If you demolish the land, sure it becomes vacant, but thats not a broken system and there is very rarely any need to delete land that you buy. If you get scammed by someone offering to sell you land and you give him money in trade, well , you are a fucking idiot then for not using the built in escrow system.

You can no longer effectively farm 1v1 arena. This is a good thing bc 1v1 arena was essentially a haven for Swipers.
    Your own faction can take packs from you is not news. This game is not based off factions. Its based off guilds and player nations. Being in the same faction garauntees you nothing unless you are in a peaceful zone. Smart players understand this and run their packs by the hundreds safely when a zone is in peace.
    PVP weapons and armor arent a thing. The economy is driven by crafting and labor, not by farming pvp points. Some weapons are a must like having a Nodachi to get the useable and switching back, but there is no reason why the best things in the game should come from anything other than crafting. This was the entire drive why Hasla weapons were shit and were killing the crafting system. Trion was smart and got rid of them.

Im not sure if you are claiming that all these problems still exist in the game or if you are merely trying to get answers to your questions. Your post looks inflammatory and rage-like. This is the current situation in AA.

That is why i fucking asked.  Maybe you should read the op next time.

The RNG blowing up past celestial was ALWAYS the case so that didn't change.

Getting rid of Hasla doesn't seem to be a good move by any means.

So they replaced Hasla weapons with Obsidian weapons?

Are you onto something or just on something?
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    filmoret said:
    filmoret said:

Also getting all the Obsidian materials is so boring unless they reduced the requirements.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    filmoret said:
    filmoret said:

Hasla weapons have been obsolete for a long time now.
  • FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    You misread my statement. Weapons only blow up PAST Celestial. Previously, if you upgraded at Celestial, it could blow up. You can also craft items now that reduce the chance to blow up at all levels to 0.

Hasla Weps are gone. You can farm them but youd be an idiot. You can craft your own obsidian weapon with just one wisp. The wisps are made by salvaging crafted gear. The games currency is now essentially wisps. An illustrious piece salvages for 1 wisp. Magnificent 4, Etherium 8, Delph 32(i think).   People still craft and want upgrades for either specific set bonuses or merely to get more wisps on salvage which = money made.  Theres no crafting skill requirement to craft illustrious so anyone can craft one weapon , salvage it and get a wisp for their obsidian.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    You misread my statement. Weapons only blow up PAST Celestial. Previously, if you upgraded at Celestial, it could blow up. You can also craft items now that reduce the chance to blow up at all levels to 0.

Hasla Weps are gone. You can farm them but youd be an idiot. You can craft your own obsidian weapon with just one wisp. The wisps are made by salvaging crafted gear. The games currency is now essentially wisps. An illustrious piece salvages for 1 wisp. Magnificent 4, Etherium 8, Delph 32(i think).   People still craft and want upgrades for either specific set bonuses or merely to get more wisps on salvage which = money made.  Theres no crafting skill requirement to craft illustrious so anyone can craft one weapon , salvage it and get a wisp for their obsidian.
    so obsidian upgrades don't need the owrld bosses rare drop anymore?

serious even if they fixed the issues now is too late, trion already have his fame burned to the ground, and most people not only are not caring about AA but all the others trion games.

so you wanna take a risk? sure go ahead, but don't think it will be any better then it was
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Yeah, they "fixed" Archeage like a mortician fixes a dead body.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    filmoret said:

There are smart crafters, p2w crafters, and than there are most of the other crafters.
    (i mean the ones that are poor ,but think rng will be kind to them)
    and by smart i mean by regrading low tier gear ,than crafting latter stages for it to proc divine+ ,and that is just one example for smart

Land? http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/458338/archeage-land-of-possibilities/p1?new=1

Just get enough gold and contact people that sell it on old servers, or be like me, and sell it instead, or dont, start on new servers and enjoy new areas with housing zones size of texas.

You are right about pushing people into arenas, but nowadays people do events for pvp points instead, faster and secure points. Its repetetive, but hey, you will have thousands to spend if you do it for few days.

Yes, try the fresh servers, if i get the time, i will too.
    Trion isnt what it was before, thank god, isnt as perfect now, but thats no reason to skip this incredible game.

Good luck and have fun