Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

100% "PvP disable" possible meanwhile ???

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
since a while i want to come back if PvP can be avoided without moving to other zones or anything else.

if they offer a PvE server or an option to get rid of the gankers i come back and play this game.

I want to do this >>

Press ESC > Options > Combat > Disable PvP Flag

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Still not the game you are looking for.

Dark and Light is reportedly coming out before years end and will have both PVE only and PVP servers.

Might be a good one to watch out for.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    IDK why you enjoy taking all your gold and pouring it into an RNG upgrade that might end up being destroyed.  Yet you do not want to risk running through a pvp zone hoping not to get attacked.  At least in 1 of those scenarios you lost 1 hour of hard work and in the other you have lost 20 hours of hard work.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    filmoret said:
    IDK why you enjoy taking all your gold and pouring it into an RNG upgrade that might end up being destroyed.  Yet you do not want to risk running through a pvp zone hoping not to get attacked.  At least in 1 of those scenarios you lost 1 hour of hard work and in the other you have lost 20 hours of hard work.
    It's called "choice"
    Chamber of Chains
  • farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    edited November 2016
    No.

MMORPG's have been invented to include all playstyles in same world (aka Ultima Online).

A world excluding any PvP isn't "believable" and so its a MMORPG without PvP.
    (same goes of course for MMORPG's without crafting or building houses etc)

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    farbege said:
    No.

MMORPG's have been invented to include all playstyles in same world (aka Ultima Online).

The most successful MMO's out there are currently voluntary PVP only, so your argument bears no merit.
    World of Warcraft - optional PVP
    FFXIV:ARR - optional PVP, what there is in terms of PVP is not worth mentioning.
    SW:TOR - optional PVP
    ESO - optional PVP
    well, its a long list, but those are probably among the highest rated, they also are among the most successful MMO's out there, which is something that can't be said about the strictly PVP orientated games, which tend to have much lower player base, and occupy a much smaller niche, at least in terms of MMO's. :o
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Phry said:
    farbege said:
    No.

The most successful MMO's out there are currently voluntary PVP only, so your argument bears no merit.
    FFXIV:ARR - optional PVP, what there is in terms of PVP is not worth mentioning.
    ESO - optional PVP
    well, its a long list, but those are probably among the highest rated, they also are among the most successful MMO's out there, which is something that can't be said about the strictly PVP orientated games, which tend to have much lower player base, and occupy a much smaller niche, at least in terms of MMO's. :o
    FF14, eso and SWtor most succesfull?

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • jimmywolfjimmywolf Member UncommonPosts: 292
    farbege said:
    No.

bit shortsighted logic  let apply that same logic to a random movie or book

No.

movies/books have been invented to include all types of viewers in same world (aka marvel/disney or goosebumps books ).

A movie/book excluding any viewer isn't "believable"

excluded last part of your paragraph in my mock up  because it a bit redundant.

but point been is PVP is not mandatory for a game/mmorpg to be "believable" 

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Open world PVP games always lose. They might be the rage at first but when people find out how the PVP works they leave in droves. Its almost like dev's are clueless when they make these games or the spend way to much time on game sites where pvper's control the boards and get the idea that they speak for the masses.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Phry said:
    farbege said:
    No.

ESO - optional PVP

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Here on planet Earth, yes.
    :p
  • GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    I can't imagine doing trade runs without PvP. How utterly boring it would be.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Scambug said:
    Yeah, Archeage wouldn't make any sense as a PVE game. Everyone would be loading up schooners with aged packs and doing cross-continent trade runs with no fear of losing their goods. Kind of defeats the purpose.
    cheyane said:
    filmoret said:
    It's called "choice"
    Its called lack of education.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Forgrimm said:
    Scambug said:
    Yeah, Archeage wouldn't make any sense as a PVE game. Everyone would be loading up schooners with aged packs and doing cross-continent trade runs with no fear of losing their goods. Kind of defeats the purpose.
    Well, unless they made pve bandits and dangers.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Phry said:
    farbege said:
    No.

ESO - optional PVP

um yeah along with World of Warcraft and the first Lineage among a few others.

They are up there.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Scambug said:
    A lot of players would just like to run their farms and build stuff.  I bet if they did pve only servers they would vastly outweigh any of the pvp servers 10-1.
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    Phry said:
    farbege said:
    No.

ESO - optional PVP

actually currently yes they are the most successful mmos out there in terms of active playerbase. Unless you consider Mobas and FPS games mmos.... not even going to get into that though if you do.

And the PvP mandated games do tend to be lower population at least in the West. There is a very large segment of the mmo population that does not want to worry about being ganked 24/7. Now in the east PvP centric games seem to be doing better.

Archeage though the game would not really work without the risk of death from players. The whole trade system and open world system are built on conflict between factions/guilds. You can carebare archeage and stay in safe areas/dungeons. There is more then enough in the game to keep you busy for hours a day without ever touching pvp. But the reward is no where near as high.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    This is a gankfest game.  Move on.  This is not the game you are looking for. 
    filmoret said:
    Scambug said:
    A lot of players would just like to run their farms and build stuff.  I bet if they did pve only servers they would vastly outweigh any of the pvp servers 10-1.
    I am one who would prefer to complete trade runs unmolested by others.

I do them for the progression, not the challenge.

People want to fight lets do it when more evenly matched and not only when most of the advantage is to the aggressor.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Kyleran said:
    filmoret said:
    Scambug said:

People want to fight lets do it when more evenly matched and not only when most of the advantage is to the aggressor.
    The entitlement is real. Progression is 100% guaranteed  and to hell with anyone that thinks they have a right to hinder it. Holy shit this is sad.

I can only imagine playing UO. Sitting in front of my house standing in a Flame wall in order to raise magic resist, some guy walks up and smokes me, takes all my regs. My first response should be to whine about how I was only doing it for progression and that UO sucks because you killed me and I wasnt doing it for "the challenge". I could have been doing it in my house, safely, but no... my progression should be unchecked by anything but time and willpower. You want progression??? do your trade runs over land in safety. OH NO.. but you want the FASTEST PROGRESSION.. amirite? You want the very best trade runs and the very best rewards because you are entitled to that as well. 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    GW2 and MHs also don't have open world PvP and are doing well.  The open world PvP survival games would be the most popular games around if most people wanted open world PvP with full loot drops.  I'm amazed when Devs still try to make open world PvP work.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

edited November 2016
    Kyleran said:
    filmoret said:
    Scambug said:

The entitlement is real. Progression is 100% guaranteed  and to hell with anyone that thinks they have a right to hinder it. Holy shit this is sad.

I can only imagine playing UO. Sitting in front of my house standing in a Flame wall in order to raise magic resist, some guy walks up and smokes me, takes all my regs. My first response should be to whine about how I was only doing it for progression and that UO sucks because you killed me and I wasnt doing it for "the challenge". I could have been doing it in my house, safely, but no... my progression should be unchecked by anything but time and willpower. You want progression??? do your trade runs over land in safety. OH NO.. but you want the FASTEST PROGRESSION.. amirite? You want the very best trade runs and the very best rewards because you are entitled to that as well. 
    LOL, read your post carefully if you want to see someone coming across as entitled.

Over 9 years in EVE, more than 4 of them in null sec, yeah I only want 100% safe progression.

But you are correct, I don't play AA, their game, their rules.  I did state what I would prefer, (responding to the question of who would want this) not what it had to be.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Kyleran said:
    filmoret said:
    Scambug said:

There are plenty of safe zone trade runs that can be done with no chance of being attacked. The more lucrative routes run through contested zones though. So it's a risk/reward balance.
  • shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    They'd have to add a lot more depth to the pve systems in place. I feel like pvp in archeage is like pvp in silk road online at this point and if you took it out you'd probably have a pretty bland experience. 
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Only one game I can think of that did something along the line that the OP is asking is Aion. Even that us limited. Once you get a certain level, you can no longer get on the "fast track"/PvE server. Also to mention Aion didn't start out that way in the west, atleast for me here in the USA. It was open world PvP once you left the 2 starting zones. As to the OP's desire, they may have to be happy with either not playing it or putting up with the PvP.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    AA had nice PvE leveling until you reached zone 30 which became PvE on a timer with short irregular PvE only hours.  Had a great time til than.  

"Go where you will, do what you want, be the character you want to be."  yeah right...

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey