Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOMBRA: Abilities, PTR Release, and will she be Overpowered? - Overwatch Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageSOMBRA: Abilities, PTR Release, and will she be Overpowered? - Overwatch Videos - MMORPG.com

In this video, I take you step by step through Sombra's abilities and talk about her future and where she fits into the Overwatch roster; as well as talk about how OP she could potentially be. NOTE: Some information in this video was taken from unofficial dialogue during the blizzcon streams, made by blizzcon devs. Some of their answers to certain questions varied and contradicted, so please keep that in mind when she's released on the PTR and we get the real info, some of which may be wrong

Read the full story here

Comments

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    Her Ultimate seems very powerful. If she opens with it on a team fight it sounds like an instant win for her team. Have to wait and see how it plays out. Looking forward to trying her out.

Also, she looks more like a Support class than Symmetra. Sym should go Defense and swap Sombra to Support. Hacking shields, health packs, and abilities sounds like pretty great utility/support.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    edited November 2016
    Nah no instant win, people just suck at adapting / countering.
  • FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322

Avarix said:

Her Ultimate seems very powerful. If she opens with it on a team fight it sounds like an instant win for her team. Have to wait and see how it plays out. Looking forward to trying her out.

Also, she looks more like a Support class than Symmetra. Sym should go Defense and swap Sombra to Support. Hacking shields, health packs, and abilities sounds like pretty great utility/support.

^ is exactly how bad SR 1900 players will use her. W.out communicating, they will run in,, pop ult, scream in comms that they got the WHOLE TEAM, TP out and get one shotted by a hook. Then while dead, the scrub 1900 Sombra will proceed to fill chat with " WTF YOU SCRUBS, I GOT THEIR WHOLE TEAM AND YOU JUST SAT THERE".

Now enter the real Sombra player. Knowing that the other team has full ults and knowing that counting on her whole team to react to her ult basically wastes 3 out of the 6 seconds as well as 80% of the functionality, the real Sombra player will wait patiently until the opposing team pushes. Oh, did lucio pop his ult and and zerg the point? Oh.. did zenyatta thrown down ult and to try to prevent your own lucio zerg? Yea.. thats when the real sombra comes out of stealth, cancels those pesky shields, positions herself behind the mercy so that the imminent team wipe cant be rezzed because mercy gets another 6 second hack on top of the ult. Free SR and team chat is instead filled with nice positive things.
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    edited November 2016
    I like the fact it counters regular shields. Reinhardt is such a staple pick at the moment, his shield is a must have in most compositions. Sombra's ultimate will let you straight forward counter plays like Reinhardt+Bastion point defences.

I'm not sure how to feel about it countering Lucio ultimate. An ultimate should be a very rewarding moment for a player. You get to use it 2-3 times a game. Having a hero who's primary purpose is to shut your ultimate down with the click of a button seems like a bad precedent to set.
  • MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780
    I remember when they reduced D'Va's ultimate ability timer by 1/2 a second i think and people complained it was OP. Yet we all adjusted and you really have to time it right to kill people with it. I'm sure we will adjust to a new hero pretty quick