Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Animating the Guinecean Duelist - Crowfall - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageAnimating the Guinecean Duelist - Crowfall - MMORPG.com

Crowfall News - Crowfall devs Doggett and Andy take to the airwaves in a new video to show off how the Guinecean Duelist. It's more than ten minutes of behind-the-scenes views of the creative process in game development. Check it out!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited November 2016
    "Duelist mouse" - such a cliche...
    Post edited by Gdemami on
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Seriously, mice...I so hope CU get's done so I don't have to fall back on this.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited November 2016
    For some reason I cant stand that mouse, his face, his posture..

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Not a mouse guys, it is a Guinea pig ;P
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    BruceYee said:
    Not a mouse guys, it is a Guinea pig ;P
    That actually does not make things better. :p

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Trident9259Trident9259 Member UncommonPosts: 860
    "I'd want to role-play a Guinea pig".

What are they on?

And I can't stand that pretentious mouse either.
  • LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    " I can't wait to play an awesome duel wield guinea pig class"

Said no one ever, wtf are these guys on?
    I also think they modeled the class after themselves.
  • seratinseratin Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Part of me was hoping for very tiny motion capture.
  • FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322

Aori said:

This character is the Pandaren of Crowfall. It was an April Fools joke that people fell in love with and it arrived due to popular demand. However just like the Pandaren April Fools joke, people will hate on it for its ridiculousness. 

Though is it really ridiculous? Swashbuckling/sword using rodents is a thing in various fantasy realms. Most notable is Narnia. There was also the fantasy Redwall series I read when I was younger, it at one point featured a protagonist swordwielding mouse. It has even been adopted into American cartoons, Jerry the mouse has been a swashbuckler and musketeer on a few occassions. I'm sure Disney has had its fair share of sword wielding mice.

Rodents are very popular anthropomorphic characters.

They are also extremely suited to the cooking profession if Ratatouille is your role play cornerstone.
  • LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    edited November 2016

Aori said:

This character is the Pandaren of Crowfall. It was an April Fools joke that people fell in love with and it arrived due to popular demand. However just like the Pandaren April Fools joke, people will hate on it for its ridiculousness. 

Though is it really ridiculous? Swashbuckling/sword using rodents is a thing in various fantasy realms. Most notable is Narnia. There was also the fantasy Redwall series I read when I was younger, it at one point featured a protagonist swordwielding mouse. It has even been adopted into American cartoons, Jerry the mouse has been a swashbuckler and musketeer on a few occassions. I'm sure Disney has had its fair share of sword wielding mice.

Rodents are very popular anthropomorphic characters.

They are also extremely suited to the cooking profession if Ratatouille is your role play cornerstone.
    Lets not forget the seamstress class from the classic Cinderella. Then the awesome bard class in an american tail, and lastly but not least the ninja class straight out of TMNT.

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    I don't think any of those guys were guinea pigs, though...
  • tonyvuknometonyvuknome Member UncommonPosts: 26
    I cant take this game serious anyone I'm out
  • g0m0rrahg0m0rrah Member UncommonPosts: 325
    I dig some skaven. I want a westernish mmo. I am sick of the cutesy asian loli shit. Next will be a blader class followed by a toddler looking class that shows upskirts. Man this genre is stale as fuck...
  • SvennEthirSvennEthir Member UncommonPosts: 21
    These comments are ridiculous. The Guineceans are awesome. These guys are cool as hell. One of my favorites.

If you won't play a game because it uses a fantasy race you don't like, that's just silly.
  • sedatedkarmasedatedkarma Member UncommonPosts: 181

Dragnelus said:

For some reason I cant stand that mouse, his face, his posture..

I did mention in another thread.. this is just the type of genre these guys belong.

But I do have to agree with this guy, there is something about that rodent that makes me want to punch him in the face. Maybe this rodent just needs to look less like a pompous.
    Happily playing Vanilla and BC WoW, again, since September 2016.