Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If looks could kill....

madjakemadjake Member UncommonPosts: 233

The screenshots would at least :)

DnL looks and sounds amazingly cool, lets only hope the gameplay can live up to the hype...

I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring
- Richard P. Feynman, 1988

Comments

• GlottisGlottis Member Posts: 69

This game looks awful and dull (like it's homepage).
    Just my 2 cents.

• SavoSavo Member Posts: 25
    i think its cool

• PoinTPoinT Member Posts: 1

I just hope those screenshots were taken while in a low res setting, because if not, the texture quality sucks. Visually, from what I've seen, it doesn't look to be on the same level as other MMORPGs coming out.

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I really don't care about visuals, since I have a stinky old video card, but I am rather curious about whether or not the "one world" thing will pan out in actual play.

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

• peimythpeimyth Member Posts: 5

those screensots are very old. you should look at the french site

http://dnl.mondespersistants.com/

there you can see better screenshots

the gameplay will be the richer on the market.

if you can read french, you should read the 'dev-chats' (chats between future players and developpers)

• TheoTheo Member Posts: 242

I'm REALLY looking forward to this game. The screens look amazing, and I love the concept of th e"zoneless" world. The fact that it isn't receiving the attention of many other next-gen MMORPGs is just a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

This is the one I've been waiting for. I just hope the gameplay is as good as the visuals.

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Thanks for the link, peimyth. I think I will go over there and check out the devchats.

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

• leftieleftie Member Posts: 138

Dark and Light and City of Heroes are the "big two" I'm looking forward to. WoW looks nice, but their concentration on developing a good "desktop toy" (their words, not mine) will probably mean it will be too much like Diablo in order to appeal to the uber-munchkins.

D&L should be the first next-next-next gen MMORPG. One world. Social devolpment counts. Personal Realms. Good stuff. My main concern is they are doing so much new stuff the game will be crippled new tech bugs. Hope not.

"...you just #@*&;$% with the wrong rhino, pal!" - Smoochy

"...you just #@*&;$% with the wrong rhino, pal!" - Smoochy

• AkyushiroAkyushiro Member Posts: 3

Well folks this game surely is a block buster : everything is beeing done to keep such a quality as each dev step that it's impossible for it to be something else than a real good game... I can't stand waiting anymore, Mr Devs pleeeeeeeeeeaaaase :::^b::

• SokarSokar Member Posts: 4

It sounds too good to be true to me. And when that happens it usually is. I remember the final crap they handed us as SWG. But I'm hoping for as good a games as this one promisses to be.

• Rad_RooferRad_Roofer Member Posts: 153

I am very excited about a one-world game.

IF anything, that point right there sold me on this game!

I think this game will be a huge success.  EVE is making it just fine in a one-world scheme.  Too bad I don't like driving a spaceship!

Anyway, I'm just feening for February 1st!

---------------------------------------------
    http://www.simulatedsports.com

http://www.hattrick.org

• stephen_sofstephen_sof Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 388

Originally posted by PoinT

I just hope those screenshots were taken while in a low res setting, because if not, the texture quality sucks. Visually, from what I've seen, it doesn't look to be on the same level as other MMORPGs coming out.

wow u must not of seen any of the new pics or the videos if u think the texture quality suxs... you must of seen some pre beta pics in wich case i think its dumb to judge a game when it hasnt even become beta yet but it has and allready looks better visually than alot of MMOG

"It's the darkness that brings us power"
    SOF site come join

"It's the darkness that brings us power"

• AuroAuro Member Posts: 5

Gotta say I'm kinda excited about this game also.

Do have to admit the graphics are kinda nice (gotta qualify that by saying I've been looking at AC for too long), however I think Warhammer does look better.  IMHO, and that's after watching the movie.  Whether warhammer is any good or not remains to be seen...

• cedoricedori Member Posts: 500

Looks as though they are doing a good job, but its really hard to tell until (1) get into beta and ck it out or (2) wait for the release to try it, but its looking good so far.  Only time will tell as with all the mmorpg's out there.

• BKOOLBKOOL Member Posts: 67

The graphics on this game are the best i've seen compared to most fantasy game worlds.  If you can tell me a game that has better graphics i'd like to see and judge for myself.  Also with the massive size of the world in Dark and Light i think that you would care more about whats over the next hill than what the hill looks like.  I just hope that this game lives up to it's hype and is not a giant let down.

• Rad_RooferRad_Roofer Member Posts: 153

I HIGHLY doubt this game will flop...if the dev team can take care of the bugs and lag!  The game itself is set up excellent.

I just wish the game didn't get pushed!  I'll have to play Lineage2 to pass the time til this game comes out!!

---------------------------------------------
    http://www.simulatedsports.com

http://www.hattrick.org

• jamigrejamigre Member UncommonPosts: 280
    i love how some people, go on about crappy models, textures, etc... while they still play EQ, or DAOC sans expansions, and tend not to care.

- i am www.eljacek.com -

-------
    Check out my side project http://lfger.com/  - a mobile lfg tool for any game, any time. 
    -------

• YordoYordo Member Posts: 831

Graphics are not what makes a game good.  I consider them an added bonus to a game.  The main thing an MMO needs is great gameplay options, meaning a complex world with lots of things to do, races to choose from, customization, and quests are one of the most important.  Without detailed and fun quests, these games are not fun.  Another necessity is an ongoing story and new/added content.  If the game devs don't continually add new features, the game will fail.  That's why I think a game needs to be played to truly determine how good it will be.  However, some opinions, such as hating a certain company for something, are decent reasons for not buying a game.  For example, many have something against SOE, probably for their failure of SWG.  I am not one of these people, but I see where they are coming from.  Hopefully DnL turns out to be a good, detailed, and fun game.  Only beta will tell....

::Yordo::
    EQ2, UXO, Lineage 2, KO, Guild Wars, City of Heroes

• iddmitriiddmitri Member UncommonPosts: 671
    I would say graphics is as important as gameplay. Some people is still playing 2D mmorpg's even consol one with comand line, crap crap crap (dont understand these people, maybe slow PC.... whatever). Gameplay and graphics is 2 the most important things i think every customer looking forward to see in the game besides music and sound. imageBUT everything has limits, for example, what if we will have 100+ people in one area, lets make it some trading place, imagine how many characters your PC should display simultaniusly... "reboot" is the right word for this situation (depends on server side also). Developers should find optimal graphics for the game. As we know there would be only one server, imagine how many people would play. image What they can do with gameplay is almost unlimited and they did great job as I read from news, devchats and other sources. Can't judge unltil I try it. Waiting in pain... image

• madjakemadjake Member UncommonPosts: 233

Originally posted by dmitri84
    Some people is still playing 2D mmorpg's even consol one with comand line, crap crap crap (dont understand these people, maybe slow PC.... whatever).

Ouch, that hurts :-P

I still play MUDs (Multi-user-Dungeons or whatever you want to call them), those text games you are referring to. In fact I even pay 10$ a month to play one and have been paying to play certain MUDs for over 7 years. They aren't for everybody but don't bag em till you give them a good try.... btw, there are thousands of free ones too.. generally I find their quality much worse than the pay to play....

AND, my computer can handle most if not all these mmog's out and coming out.. So that's not it :-)

Just felt I had to clear that up...

And not to deviate from what this thread is about...

Like I mentioned at the start of this thread, the world and environment look amazing. The scale looks wonderful and I just hope it's all accompanied with solid fun gameplay. So far it's sounding good :)

----------------------
    Jake

KO - Harrold the Rogue

I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring
    - Richard P. Feynman, 1988

I find it amusing that no one was on these forums until they started that contest giving away free betas....interesting image

• mmredmmred Member Posts: 90

Hey thats True! Like everyone in onrpg.com doesnt know this site until they found out this site has beta giveaways.

• AzaldirAzaldir Member Posts: 34
    Yep, and I must say that I am one of these people...Anyway, I don't think I stand a chance, all I can do is w8 for an open beta version...and a new computer would be nice 2image) Beta is 6 months before the official version right? Does anyone have a good estamation of the release date (in europe) for me plz, thx!!

• LemyLemy Member Posts: 21

release should be worldwide on same date as there is only ONE servercluster for DnL.

I personally think release will be sometime in the middle of this year ...  June or July i think ...  but we will see :-)

i bet there will be much lagg in open beta when they first time stress-test the servercluster ... but thats NORMAL in this stage :-)    EVE-Online has lot of Lagg and crash too in beta times   even after release there were many stuck problems...  but thats long time ago now :-)   Now it works stable ^^  so all MMORPGs need time to get rid of the lag and stability issue in the beginning... 

I am sure they get it .... as i heard from players who are already in beta test they are amazed how good DnL already runs in this early stages ...     i think that sounds very promising :-)

Cy@ on Ganareth

Lemy

There is never a specified length of time for all betas in general.  Some take longer than others based on what the Devs are looking for or what surprises they have encountered.  Not all of them take six months and I'm not sure how long DnL plans to have theirs.  Anyone got some info?