Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you ever seen this level of tyranny in your gaming life?

How things are done in warhammer private server:

[General]

Azarael

From yesterday:

- Morale gain scales with the following factors:

• Additional players in group
  • Number of enemies in range (above the minimum threshold of 18) to a limit
A personal note:

This is only part of the solution to the morale gain issue, and was always the intent. In future, I would appreciate it if certain people who don't have the slightest clue of the intent of the team would stop spreading their assumptions in order to cause community problems and negativity. You're not in the team - you don't know what's going to be done - so don't act as if you do, and don't even think about causing problems for me based on your own assumptions and nothing more. As you can probably tell from me mentioning this yet again, I find your behaviour absolutely appalling, and it will not be forgiven in future.

It´s not a joke or fake people can´t make the slightest observation without being warned or banned.

Comments

• sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    Hee hee, tyranny. . .

. . .you are so brave for standing up to it.

meanwhile, in the MIddle East. . . 
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Wait, wait, you're complaining about being banned from an illegal private server?  Shouldn't the fact that you were playing on an illegal private server be enough to justify the ban?
  • KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    edited November 2016
    It's a private (possibly illegal, I have read that such servers are tolerated) server.  That same person can't walk into someone's home and start making demands based only on speculation.  That's not  tyranny, it's typical human interaction, and a demand for respect by a host of their guests.

BTW, @sayuu isn't acknowledging the tyranny, they are ridiculing the idea that it is tyranny.  As in, so brave to stand up to a delusion.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Lol, you are on an illegal server what makes you think you have any say, don't like it then don't fucking play on the server. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    It's their playground which you aren't paying for, best to keep your opinions to yourself.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited November 2016
    Quizzical said:
    Wait, wait, you're complaining about being banned from an illegal private server?  Shouldn't the fact that you were playing on an illegal private server be enough to justify the ban?
    Its not an illegal server as War is shut sown ,and second these guys have a playable and very fun Warhammer server up and running , and they do it for free, the only time i have seen them get angry is when people act like asshats and idiots towards them , On the forums or in game ..
  • FlyinDutchman87FlyinDutchman87 Member UncommonPosts: 336
    If you arn't donating to the server.... Then you don't have a leg to stand on.

If you are donating... Let them know your a paying customer, tell them to stop what they are doing and STOP donating. 

If you arn't paying you don't have vote... If you are paying then tell them how to feel and tell them they arn't getting your money anymore..

That's about the only rights you have have a consumer.....
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    mentin said:
    How things are done in warhammer private server:

[General]

Azarael

From yesterday:

- Morale gain scales with the following factors:

• Additional players in group
    • Number of enemies in range (above the minimum threshold of 18) to a limit
    A personal note:

This is only part of the solution to the morale gain issue, and was always the intent. In future, I would appreciate it if certain people who don't have the slightest clue of the intent of the team would stop spreading their assumptions in order to cause community problems and negativity. You're not in the team - you don't know what's going to be done - so don't act as if you do, and don't even think about causing problems for me based on your own assumptions and nothing more. As you can probably tell from me mentioning this yet again, I find your behaviour absolutely appalling, and it will not be forgiven in future.

It´s not a joke or fake people can´t make the slightest observation without being warned or banned.
    Not knowing the full story it's hard to pass judgement. If someone really was making assumptions and using them to stir up drama than the response seems completely appropriate to me.
  • francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 479
    edited November 2016
    sayuu said:
    Hee hee, tyranny. . .

Standing up against tyranny can start with a very small action. ;)
    edited November 2016
    I think the big thing that I see here is the power of a liar to stir dissent. According to what the admin says in the post it sounds to me as if he is addressing an issue where someone was telling the community that the team running the server did one thing, when in-fact they did something else, and were always intended to do something else.

I've seen first hand guilds torn apart by people spreading lies about the leadership and pretending they were doing things that I know for a fact that they were not. I'm sure a server can be torn apart in a similar manner.

If I was an admin on the team, I would have skipped the warning and gone straight to the ban. You can already see that Mentin is using the chance to correct his action to stir further dissent in secret. Sounds like this admin team would be doing themselves a huge favor just to be rid of him.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited November 2016
    "But I did't do Nothin"

Said every criminal and guilty person ever. 

Every time someone is banned from a game, they say pretty much say something similar to the above.
    Post edited by TheScavenger on

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Gorwe said:

OP: Yes, I know they're assholes, but it is THEIR server and, like it or not(I personally think it's deplorable and disgusting)...
    We've read a single side of the story. A side of the story the conveniently provided no context as to what they did to provoke such a response. 
  • VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601
    Your saying that someone asking people  to so spreading misinformation because it just causes problems is tyranny. 

I don't think the word  means what you think it does. The request sounds completely rational to me. 
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    sayuu said:
    Hee hee, tyranny. . .

ROFLMAO!

Sz  :)
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Eldurian said:
    I think the big thing that I see here is the power of a liar to stir dissent. According to what the admin says in the post it sounds to me as if he is addressing an issue where someone was telling the community that the team running the server did one thing, when in-fact they did something else, and were always intended to do something else.

I've seen first hand guilds torn apart by people spreading lies about the leadership and pretending they were doing things that I know for a fact that they were not. I'm sure a server can be torn apart in a similar manner.

If I was an admin on the team, I would have skipped the warning and gone straight to the ban. You can already see that Mentin is using the chance to correct his action to stir further dissent in secret. Sounds like this admin team would be doing themselves a huge favor just to be rid of him.
    Pretty much what I read, especially with how he omitted what he actually did, and went straight to copying the mod response to show us all what "tyrants" they are over there. xD

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    mentin said:

It's their server they can do whatever they want. They owe you nothing. They can be total jerks if they want.

This is not saying they "are" being total jerks, just an observation that these are just some players who are making their own server. They aren't a professional company there is very little to incentivize them to be anything other than themselves.

And I don't know what your contribution to all of it is.

If you don't like their rules, move on. Nothing more to say.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Compared to several private forums i have been on... That was a fart in space.. 

That is the glorious thing with free will... People can choose to be tyrants if they like to. You can in turn either fall in line or walk away (to post a thread on a different forum where you think you are or feel safer) 

This have been a good conversation

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Gorwe said:

There should always be some rules, rules which apply to everyone equally. Fair and just rules. They also need to be visible, not some common sense nonsense. Because in such conditions, the scum of the world thrives. But that is a topic for another time and place eh?
    Should... Yes. 

But like everywhere in the world, that does not always happen. 

Private forums are... well... private and as such there is in most places a legal protection in place as long as the forum in question does not break any laws. 

This have been a good conversation

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,500
    I look at it like this, first off it is a private server so you have no say in anything that is done.  This is the reason why many people don't play games on private servers.  The people running it can do whatever they wish.  If you don't want to play the way they make it then I would suggest finding another private server, no point causing a fuss over something that is most likely illegal to begin with.
  • mentinmentin Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Well, this happens when people don´t even bother READING a post.

Who said nothing about being banned? I am not or was banned in Return of the reckoning (btw it´s not illegal server) Not even warned.

It was posted as NEWS addresed to ALL players. You can check it if you wish. 

A know it´s a private server but still the degree of ******* has epic proportions.

I wanted to show you the ways those devs are mistreating people.

Btw

Full Definition of synonym

1. 1:  one of two or more words or expressions of the same language that have the same or nearly the same meaning in some or all senses

2. 2a :  a word or phrase that by association is held to embody something (as a concept or quality) <a tyrant whose name has become a synonym for oppression>b :  metonym

3. 3:  one of two or more scientific names used to designate the same taxonomic group — compare homonym

Full Definition of tyranny

plural 

tyrannies

1. 1:  oppressive power <every form of tyranny over the mind of man — Thomas Jefferson>; especially :  oppressive power exerted by government <the tyranny of a police state>

2. 2a :  a government in which absolute power is vested in a single ruler; especially :  one characteristic of an ancient Greek city-stateb :  the office, authority, and administration of a tyrant

3. 3:  a rigorous condition imposed by some outside agency or force <living under the tyrannyof the clock — Dixon Wecter>

4. 4:  an oppressive, harsh, or unjust act :  a tyrannical act <workers who had suffered tyrannies>

From webster dictionary.

Excuse my poor english.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824
    Hmm...or the tyranny of dictionaries?

Running your own thing, be it a company, country or private server gives you a unique sense of involvement that being an employee, citizen or player does not. That involvement can manifest as what some might call duty, loyalty, responisbilty and can lead to various forms of what some might see as tyranny.

I would say no action seems to have been taken, maybe they were just letting of some steam about their  players?
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    It's not tyranny, it's ownership.

Usually private server admins try to set and follow rules, be fair, and usually you can expect them that much. But they own the server, so it's their rules, and their decisions about how the server will be developed. You can't expect them to give up their rights as the owner just because they're so exceptionally nice guys.

If owner setting rules for what he owns is tyranny, then we're all equally tyrants.

• lindhskylindhsky Member UncommonPosts: 162
    edited November 2016
    Now I don't know anything about that server or owners of that server, but by just looking at the average gamer post in for an example WOW I kind of get why someone would post something like that as a warning.

A couple of weeks ago I Went into every class forum in WOW and in all of them there were posts about how much their class sucked and that blizzard had something against that class.

Now, in a game like warhammer were we have a war between two factions I am sure, without looking it up of course, that there are a bunch of whining posts about "the A change is just because you hate B and want C to win. ".

They have propably spent a lot of time setting Everything up and keeping that game alive. And I guess you can take about 83 of that type of posts Before you get fed up. So I read the post above more like:  " - Enjoy the hard work we have done and the game that is free and please stop creating drama. ".
    Vrika said:
    It's not tyranny, it's ownership.

Usually private server admins try to set and follow rules, be fair, and usually you can expect them that much. But they own the server, so it's their rules, and their decisions about how the server will be developed. You can't expect them to give up their rights as the owner just because they're so exceptionally nice guys.

If owner setting rules for what he owns is tyranny, then we're all equally tyrants.

They are not following any rules at all!!! Listen, we can debate hours and hours about legal aspects but thats not the point. The only supreme rule they understand is: Don´t you ever dare to disagree with us or you will be banned. We make no mistakes and you know nothing about the game so stfu. They even delete posts arguing that the content is boring or irrelevant. For whom? For them!!! Call it what you want but is a dictatorship. I never saw such level of censorship un my whole life. The fact that they own the server doesn´t mean it´s not.
    edited November 2016
    "I would appreciate it if certain people who don't have the slightest clue of the intent of the team would stop spreading their assumptions in order to cause community problems and negativity. You're not in the team - you don't know what's going to be done - so don't act as if you do, and don't even think about causing problems for me based on your own assumptions and nothing more. As you can probably tell from me mentioning this yet again, I find your behaviour absolutely appalling, and it will not be forgiven in future."

This is the definition of bullying.