Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most fun class ever... in any MMORPG, cast your votes..

Comments

• VestigeGamerVestigeGamer Member UncommonPosts: 518
    edited November 2016
    Hands down, EQ1 Bard.  Twisting songs as fast as possible and adjusting for stuns and "missed notes" made for awesome support during battles.

In second place, my Storm/Electric Defender in City of Heroes.

Third place goes to the Druid in WoW.  Shape changers rock in any system.

VG

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    My guy on Darkfall that I can switch between Bow, Magic, and what ever weapon I choose as the situation changes, based on what I have invested time in practicing and improving.
  • BarbieBoyBarbieBoy Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Definitely Elf hunter for Global MU Origin high damage, high evade rate that compensate for her low defense and most especially nice butt and drop dead gorgeous.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Abuz0r said:
    My guy on Darkfall that I can switch between Bow, Magic, and what ever weapon I choose as the situation changes, based on what I have invested time in practicing and improving.
    Thats not really a class, Darkfall is not the right game in a discussion about which MMO class is most fun since it doesn't have basic classes (and prestige classes isn't the same thing)..
  • xamenxamen Member UncommonPosts: 13
    vg necro - puller, corpse retrieval, meat/orb, good dps.

• geelgeel Member UncommonPosts: 93
    I loved the Aion Chanter! 
    Also I love buffer classes, like the prophet in L2, despite being a healer class he was actually hitting hard because of all the self buffs.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited November 2016
    Aori said:
    DMKano said:

Unfortunately with BDO and BnS, there's that p2w garbage and all the LYING from the Devs with BDO.  Shame really- good games.

So just focus on the gameplay and ignore the cash shop and P2W elements?

Also what lying from the devs? We've been through this before - haven't we - BDO devs have clearly said - as in black and white post before the game launched that they will be reevaluating being able to sell cash shop items after the "launch phase". That's exactly what they did

What lying did BnS devs do - or was this only for BDO?
    Ya no idea what he is talking about with BnS, they don't exactly talk much at NCwest. I mean BDO has nothing on the P2W nature of BnS, they aren't even in the same ballpark.
    Hmm, can you read?  I specifically said "all the LYING with the Devs with BDO".  Granted the sentance was horribly constructed, but I singled out BDO for the lying.

They lied about a great number of things, not just the p2w conversion (which they DID lie about- you can point to the one statement "during the release period" and COMPLETELY IGNORE statements from marketing manager saying the game will not be p2w and they will avoid "cash shop shannangins" and that's why it costs us money as opposed to the f2p versions in other areas- you can ignore those statments all you want but it's a matter of opinion at best and totally inaccurate at worst to say they didn't lie about the game going p2w).

For example, they said they were giving out tier 5 horses with pre-orders.  It wasn't until players discovered the horses were actually tier 3 months later that they fixed it.

Hmm, what else- they said they were going to release all the awakenings at the same time for our version.  Nope, staggered release over about 6 months.

BDO may not be as P2W as BnS, but it's still P2W.

This is all common knowledge everywhere on the internet besides the mmorpg.com forums.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Just one is impossible.

Everquest Enchanter was so wonderful to play all the time living in fear of the enchant breaking and the creature who was just tanking for you turning on you. The Bard with the twisting and kiting in Desert of Ro ...fun times.

Anarchy Online both Trader and Fixer such wonderful skills and interesting game play.

Grouping in FFXI as a Red Mage bringing all your different skills to use ,busy like a housewife with 7 kids.

Mastermind in City of Villains the micromanagement of the pets and working in groups to keep pets in line while using your other skills. The variety of skills made the game so interesting.
    Chamber of Chains
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Guild Wars 2 - Elementalist
    Guild Wars 1 - Mesmer
    Aion - Chanter
    Blade and Soul - Probably Blademaster. I haven't played the Soul Fighter.
  • LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    UO - dexxer/Townie
    AC - Item Archer
    VSoH - Ranger
    -- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    LynxJSA said:
    UO - dexxer/Townie
    AC - Item Archer
    VSoH - Ranger
       All great classes right there:)
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited November 2016
    frostymug said:
    Warrior Priest in WAR. Frontline healer that had to do damage to charge heals. Probably the only time I truly enjoyed playing a healer, although most of the healers in the game were pretty decent. 1H and book was the more effective build stat wise, but I preferred the aesthetic of a healer swinging a two hand maul
        I have a friend that played a WP in War also ran alot with him ... A well played WP was quite a force in the LAkes... So much fun ... think ill go play some War!!!    WaaAAAgggGgGHhHHhH!!!!
  • GeekyBastrdGeekyBastrd Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Engineer from WAR

Had a blast with that class in RvR.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    DAOC - Minstrel, Skald, Therigist
    Lineage 1 - Bugbear Mage
    Lineage 2 - Silver Ranger
    WOW - Druid, Wizard

After that most classes like the games they were in were very unforgettable.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Kyleran said:
    DAOC - Minstrel, Skald, Therigist

You liked speedy groups? :)

(My main was a Theurgist as well)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited November 2016
    I'm playing BDO and don't see much pay to win. But I don't PvP and most people on the server I'm on just dress up their waifus lol. So, very little PvP actually ever happens. I found more pay to win items in guild wars 2 than I did in BDO. Like immortal crafting/harvesting tools that were stupidely expensive, but if you didn't have them you'd need to spend tons of game gold on the crafting/harvesting tools. That pissed me off in GW2 (especially because I love to craft/harvest and a dynamic economy). Most games either do limited tools you need to keep re-buying, OR, immortal tools for everyone. GW2 double dipped there.

As for BDO company "lying", dunno. I don't see any difference between any other MMO. Blizzard has said things about WoW and they never happen, or it isn't like they said it be or it ends up different.

I remember back in WoD they said there would be a ton of content and no content drought.

Guess what happened in WoD? The longest content drought in WoW's history.

They again said the same thing in Legion, no content drought. But I doubt it, they said the same thing in WoD.

Every MMO company and game companies in general changes their plans (or lying as that one poster said lol). Changing their plans isn't really lying though. People change plans for all kinds of reasons in real life.

Though there are actual companies that lie. Like No Man's Sky is one big lie...that is a game that truly lied. And if changing plans is lying, then Blizzard sure did one big fat lie in WoD. And probably will repeat in Legion.

I don't see much in the way of BDO lying, not different than GW2 or WoW or most other MMOs I know of. And BDO cash shop (at least for a PVE/crafter focused player, maybe it is for a pvp player dunno) is way less pay to win than GW2 one is.
    Post edited by TheScavenger on

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    cheyane said:

Grouping in FFXI as a Red Mage bringing all your different skills to use ,busy like a housewife with 7 kids.
    Loled , so true.....refresh on mages , haste on every1 ...slow , para , dia , blind.....rest....damn tank taking dmg Cure IV ...refresh wore off on smn....thf incoming with link, sleep! , thf died..... haste wore off.....

raise please?

rdm u there?

/logout

• TzavokTzavok Member UncommonPosts: 52
    WoW: Rogue, probably the class i've enjoyed the most playing.

• frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    Iselin said:
    frostymug said:
    Warrior Priest in WAR. Frontline healer that had to do damage to charge heals. Probably the only time I truly enjoyed playing a healer, although most of the healers in the game were pretty decent. 1H and book was the more effective build stat wise, but I preferred the aesthetic of a healer swinging a two hand maul
    Same. Chloromancer in Rift is a close second. I just like healing others based on the damage I do. I gravitate toward those kinds of classes and skills in all MMOs I play.
    I also played a Chloromancer as my main in Rift when I was there. Almost as fun, but the melee aspect of the WP made it pretty wild sometimes
  • MalathoosMalathoos Member UncommonPosts: 199
    eq1: enchanter / Magician

Shadowbane: Mage-Assassin 

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    Necromancer in Everquest.

It was so versatile in terms of abilities which allowed for a lot of creative strategies for combat.

EQ Druid was also good but slightly less versatile.  It was still in command of a large array of different abilities and could help others to level quickly in off time.
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited November 2016
    While ArcheAge has so many "classes" as to be nearly classless some of them are quite cool. I played a "Shadowbane" healer for a while. The healing tree, defense tree, and CC tree. It's a PvP class for sure because you are giving up a lot of healing output but it's a great healer for PvP.

In group fights everyone hops on you and you have the defense to survive until they run out of CC. As soon as you are up you use banshee's wail to fear every enemy around you and heal back up up to full while they run around feared.

About the hardest to kill character I've ever played. Also very satisfying in boat fights. Was a few fun incidents where I jumped onto an enemy galleon and feared half the crew into the water or bubbled people as they were gliding over to board us.
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    I really liked the original "Chloromancer" in Rift.
    Dealing a great dmg while healing the party was just great fun!!!
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Squid Herder hands down.   Being able to jump into your mounts mouth for protection was just great all around.
  • wingoodwingood Member UncommonPosts: 33
    City of Heroes: Tough call as I have played several favorites over the eight years that I've played (Martial Arts/Regeneration Scrapper, Kinetic/Willpower Scrapper, Ice/Electric Blaster, Storm/Water Blast Defender, Electric/Energy Stalker), but my favorite has to be my Illusion/Dark/Fire Controller. She had everything: solid damage, several pets, decent control, a powerful heal (with a second coming from another pet), and a powerful tool that not only slowed down enemies, but also increased the damage of me and my pets (Tar Pit). 

Guild Wars: Ranger

Guild Wars 2: Mesmer 

Black Desert: Valkyrie