Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most fun class ever... in any MMORPG, cast your votes..

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
the question is simple, what was your most fun class ever in any MMORPG?

mine was the Warden in LOTRO
- Javelins thrown from afar
- shields and spears (or swords) for close combat
- an incredible combat system, using 3 attacks to build combo's
- nothing beats running at the ennemy throwing that Javelin 
- and the class only got better over time, as they added options for ranged DPS ...

i cant stand the big battles they added, i just cant stand the mechanics, they distract to much from the Warden and are manditory content, but i definately need to return one of these days, to continue the adventures of " Bachus the Brave "  defender of the shire and traveler of the roads...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    So what is your favourite class?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Warhammer ..Engi

UO .. Nox-Archer

Vanguard .. Ranger
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Vanguard Saga of Heroes - Necromancer

Guild Wars 1 (not 2) - Necromancer (probably up there in the top 3)

Anarchy Online - Engineer (probably up there in the top 3, and probably my #1 favorite class in general for MMOs)

Star Wars Galaxies (pre-NGE) - Creature Handler (up there in the top 3)

City of Heroes/Villains - Mastermind

Diablo 2 (I know not entirely an MMO) - Necromancer

World of Warcraft - Shaman (before Legion), Warlock (post Legion) and Demon Hunter (though I don't play WoW anymore)

Those are probably my top favorite classes in MMOs. 

As you can probably tell, I love pet classes with the occasional exception. :P

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• xelrahxelrah Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Seeker from Dragon's Dogma Online. Dashing around slashing enemies, scaling large monsters and launching yourself into air with grappling hook was just too fun to pass on.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    edited November 2016
    Minstrel in LOTRO!   I am such a horrible musician that I can kill you with my killer flute!

Agree, the big battles are horrible.  I did them once and then just skip on my other characters. 
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    City of Heroes' Masterminds.

Although I generally enjoy playing Paladins and warriors too.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• StrandsStrands Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Non-MMO
    Diablo II: Druid
    Diablo III: Monk

MMO
    SWG: Fencer/Doc & Jedi (Pre-CU)
    CoX: Brute-Super Strength/Invulnerability Powerset
    Guild Wars (1): Monk/Mesmer
    WoW: Disc Priest
    Vanguard: Disciple
    Aion: Chanter
    GW2: Warrior
    DCUO: Martial Arts/Fire
    FFXIV: Monk
    Lotro: Captain
    Requiem: Shaman
    Xsyon: Basketry

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    Vanguard(Beta) Disciple before they added energy to it.

Warhammer Swordmaster

Everquest Shaman

Horizons Dragon
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Ranger in AOC. Tracking/stalking other players in PVP was great fun. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    EQ1 Bard
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    This is actually a major problem with modern games.  The classes themselves are no longer fun.  Balanced, yes, but fun not so much.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    woah thats a hard question ....

i loved WoW warlock until Woltk, but rogue has always been fun and engaging

Controller in CoH :D

Blue mage in FFXI

Everquest magician

DaoC Theurgist (hunter rocked too) , but i think ppl loved the necro its was really original and well done to be fair

Lotro Loremaster

FFXIV i loved my bard :D

Vanguard Psion (OP and Broken as hell at the same time )

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited November 2016
    Strands said:

MMO
    SWG: Fencer/Doc & Jedi (Pre-CU)

I guess you could call it a class, but Fencer/Pistoleer/Doc was great fun as well in PVP, (best dueling build I ever played in any game, especially against Jedi in SWG). People used to get so mad they couldn't dizzy KD me. Always accused of hacking lol.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    edited November 2016
    Warhammer Online : Shaman, Squig Herder, Zealot, Marauder, Chosen, Swordmaster.... I can't stop really. I have never played any other mmo with these many unique and enjoyable classes in it.

World of Warcraft : Windwalker Monk

Guild Wars 1 : Ritualist, Paragon, Monk

Guild Wars 2 : Elementalist, Druid

Ragnarok Online : Alchemist, Monk, Crusader

Rising Force Online : Striker

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    While I normally play only tanks and healers to high level in every game I play, there are two games with classes I considered the most fun to play, and neither was a tank!

City of Heroes - Scrapper, melee DPS - I level capped 3 of them.  Two of them were the same powersets (Dark/Dark/Dark) because I just enjoyed playing the setup!

Star Trek Online - Science Officer - This is the only enchanter/controller type class I liked playing in all of the games I have been in.  And I really liked it!  Nice ability to mez while still doing solid DPS and healing...

I will give honorable mention to my EQ2 Paladin, a tank character that was great fun either in a team or solo.  Just not to the same level of fun as the previous two I mentioned.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    1.Every class in Anarchy Online except keepers.Infinite amount of tweaking.
    2.Hunter in Vanilla WoW,hunting pets and their skills is pretty awesome minigame itself (more depth than everything in cata-legion combined)
    3.Project Gorgon druids,oh yes does it feel like stepping in the shoes of a druid? oh yea it does and pretty much evey class is this game awesome.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    COV Masterminds.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Balance Druid, WoW.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • FinvegaFinvega Member RarePosts: 260
    Asheron's Call : They had no classes, but my Opal Mage was a hoot.
  • zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969
    Blue Mage from FFXI. The class idea was awsome and unique from single player FF games and playing it in an MMO setting was crazy. Most games can't pull it off these days due to how limited and "trash" designed non boss mobs are (even XIV can't pull it off this way) so it could only happen in game like XI where open world monsters were not killed in a couple seconds and had multiple special moves.
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    EQ - Shaman - CanniDance
    EQ - Shaman - RootRot
  • AtaakaAtaaka Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Battlemage: Asheron's Call 

• frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    Warrior Priest in WAR. Frontline healer that had to do damage to charge heals. Probably the only time I truly enjoyed playing a healer, although most of the healers in the game were pretty decent. 1H and book was the more effective build stat wise, but I preferred the aesthetic of a healer swinging a two hand maul
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Defiler in EQ2 - my favorite healer class
    Marauder in SWTOR... I think I have like 6 of them /grin. Nothing beats double lightsabers.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E