Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare Benchmarks

MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
edited November 2016 in Hardware

dam, that 480 gets better and better lol, 1070 is only 15% faster and its 15% faster than 1060 3GB.

And yeah thats with "NVidia gameready" driver lol

"Game Ready
Provides the optimal experience for Titanfall 2, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition, Obduction, and Dishonored 2"

And yeah, thats DX11 game.

Comments

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    edited November 2016
    CPU - theres not much difference between FX 83xx and OCed i7 5960x

"As such we figured it'd be nice to compare in-between two eight-core processors (AMD FX8370 versus Intel Core i7 5960X) both clocked at 4.3 GHz."

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/call_of_duty_infinite_warfare_pc_graphics_benchmark_review,8.html

Post edited by Malabooga on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Thumbnail
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    It's interesting

480, 470 and 460 are all Polaris. Granted, they aren't spaced evenly between each other in terms of performance, not even close.

But I still didn't expect there to be as wide a gulf as these benchmark show. 480/470 scale about where you'd expect them in relation to each other, but I didn't expect the huge gulf between the 470 and 460. Maybe it's not as dramatic as all that given the cards that were tested and all, but if Polaris runs well on the 470/480, why is it tanking on the 460?
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    Ridelynn said:
    It's interesting

480, 470 and 460 are all Polaris. Granted, they aren't spaced evenly between each other in terms of performance, not even close.

But I still didn't expect there to be as wide a gulf as these benchmark show. 480/470 scale about where you'd expect them in relation to each other, but I didn't expect the huge gulf between the 470 and 460. Maybe it's not as dramatic as all that given the cards that were tested and all, but if Polaris runs well on the 470/480, why is it tanking on the 460?
    How exactly is it tanking on the RX 460?  The RX 460 has about 37% of the computational performance of the RX 480 and 44% of the memory bandwidth.  It shouldn't be surprising that it "only" offers 47% of the performance; it probably wouldn't be hard to come up with situations where it's shy of 40%, even without running it out of memory.
    edited November 2016
    Ridelynn said:
    It's interesting

RX480 - 2304 SP
    RX470 - 2048 SP
    RX460 - 768 SP

the gulf was expected to be very large. Note that P11 has 1024 as a full chip bt thats shipped off to Apple/OEMs for mobile same as 380/380x and its to be expected well see full P11 chip in GPUs at some point.

And AMD has been honest about 460, they said its "MOBA" super low budget GPU.
    Post edited by Malabooga on
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I think you should remember the different models here which makes comparisons confusing. The different 1060 and 1050 models in particular perform quite differently.

RX 480/470 4GB & 8GB
    GTX 1060 3GB and 6GB

They did use the most proper GPUs in this case for a good comparison. The RX 480 8GB, GTX 1060 6GB, and the RX 470 4GB. The RX 470 4GB and 8GB has not direct competitor currently. The RX480 8GB competes with the GTX 1060 6GB, and RX 480 4GB competes with the GTX 1060 3GB.

There is clearly a performance benefit here for the AMD cards, but I would take any benchmark with the cards over 60 fps with a grain of salt. There are usually higher fps fluctuations and the benchmark could show signs of situational gains.

The more interesting part is the CPUs. The many years old FX 8370 performs better at 4k paired with an RX 480 and on par paired with a GTX 1070. Something more could be happening here that benefits the CPU architecture, although the results are well within margins of error.
    edited November 2016
    But that was always the case, the higher you in resolution the less CPU matters because you het more and more GPU bound.

In 4k there wasnt any difference between CPUs...ever...because it requires so much GPU power that youll pretty much never be CPU bound.

The "huge" difference you usually saw was when highest end cards were tested in "low 720p". ANd ive aways claimed those are nonsensical tests. You dont buy 1000+$ GPU to play in "low 720p"....well at least noone normal does lol