Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

this game sux my butt

Comments

• ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458
    If you're that close-minded that graphics will make or break a game, and that you won't try it because of them, then we don't need you in shadowbane.

Go on, if you want it.
    Another world awaits you.

-Machiavelli

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

duudue...

i went out and paid $40 for it...

i played it

it sucks ass

end of conversation

• ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458
    And you're entitled to your opinion, no matter how ignorant and unsupported it is.

Go on, if you want it.
    Another world awaits you.

-Machiavelli

ok then let me say one more thing...

THE FREAKING GAME IS POINT AND CLICK!

• viet_boy33viet_boy33 Member Posts: 395
    Ok ive seen tons of bad coments and good but if the game lags you sure you dont have a good comp. Game like this might need 1g of ram to play. Dont ever listen to the requirements get more if you have the requirements.

My strongest move is called the Hiten Misturugi Ryu technique. No move is faster or stronger than it. (Hitokiri Battousai)

http://www.narutofan.com go there for Naruto episodes!!

ok well lets say it didnt lag

the graphics are near 2d, and they are like...

sketches...image

• rottweilerrottweiler Member Posts: 6
    Since you love graphics so much and dont seem to care about anything else go play Final Fagasy XI

• chebarakchebarak Member Posts: 6

The Graphic look way worst if you put on the low settings and since you were lagging im guessing you did just that.

2nd I have played shadowbane and definitely got bored out of it but i had many good pvp encounter and enjoyed it for a time, i never got further than lvl 35 but I do know that lvl 1-20 do not really represent what the game is all about.

That being said the game graphics are definitely not of my taste. But had they inserted great gameplay and cool features it wouldnt have mattered to me... as for Point and click it didnt matter for me.

I also think you are blamming the wrong person for the game not being good, Ubisoft as far as i now and i could be wrong was only there to give funds to Wolfpack. And again as far as i know the beta took way longer than most other mmorpg and so did the development. Only thing you could blame Ubisoft of  doing is a poor job with marketing ( im sure some of the old time follower of the game will remember the events)

I think for each mmorpg who comes out whetever they be bad or good, there a lesson to be learned for future mmorpg developper. And in that sense Shadowbane gave the developper some good ideas of what to not do ( I.E. Long vast territory without monster or towns or anything.)

If you really dont like a game and you want to keep other people from loosing their money. You should probally analyse what the type of gamer you are and the type of things you like in an mmorpg. Because not everyone is supposed to like what you like and hate what you hate. I suggest a more indepth review of the game you didnt like or atleast do the Bartle test and put the Score you got in your signature.

Because simple bad publicity might keep someone from playing the game he might actually have liked.

Those boards have a great community potential dont ruin it.

http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/test.cgi

In nomine Satanis Magnus veritas

well i think what you are trying to say is that this is just ubisoft's first mmo, and the next ones are going to be better?

i can only hope they dont let the mmoers down this bad againimage

• chebarakchebarak Member Posts: 6

hrmm Ubisoft didnt make the game they were only giving funds to Wolfpack therefore you should atleast insult the right person.

or maybe make your own MMORPG?

just curious you the guy who filed a lawsuit against McDonald because it made him fat?

If you buy something and you dont like it, its your fault :P. They didnt force you to buy it :P

In nomine Satanis Magnus veritas

meh

it took 6 pages of posting for someone finally to get me in a position where i cannot reply

therefore i am attempting

*they should atleast inform you that the game is not what it makes out to be....

on the box, it shows screenshots of things that dont even exist in the game...

it should atleast say the game is point and click... i mean...which mmo is like that nowadays?

therefore it is totally the companies fault, they stole my 40 bucks...literary

• TranquilityTranquility Member Posts: 171

I agree shadowbane sucked (not my butt tho). I just finished the first 4 days of my trial, and allthough i like the concept of banes on cities and allowing pk'ing everywhere and such, it just didnt appeal to me, i spent like a couple of hours to get from 1 to 5, then a couple of minutes to get to 23, because i was being powerleveld. That shouldnt be possible imho. Then i started running around the world, finding large amounts of nothingness. Running from town to town getting lost because there were like no landmarks. Looking at some random players fighting mobs, wich all looked identical.

I really liked the concept of the game, but when i was playing it it was just all the same, the skill system (wich many reviews praised) was confusing. I joined a guild an explored their city. No furniture in any of the buildings. Ran around looking for some more towns, and big suprise no furniture there either. I remember entering DAoC and wanting to play every class there was, every race there was, even all the realms there were. This game is quite the opposite, and after looking at the square trees, and being teleported all over the map cos there was lag, well i didnt really feel i should get a normall subscription. Too bad really, because i really wanted to like this game.

• TarthusTarthus Member Posts: 172
    I remember Anarchy Online being terrible for quite a while.  Shadowbane seems to have the AO Syndrome.  They just need to do a lot of catching up with the gameplay and balancing in Shadowbane for it to feel complete.

yea

you're right about hte a LOT part

a hella lot is more like it

but they shouldnt have released it then...i mean cmon!

• foofighter405foofighter405 Member Posts: 26

Here is my thought on it. SB would have been a great game...in 1999, with the other first generation MMO.  It took to long to come out had to many bugs and generally did do as it was hyped to be.  I hated, HATED, the the mouse movement.  the PKing took no skil at all just run into the battle and hope you weren't the one they targeted.

I have also discovered that i although i found it a good idea to build your own towns all that is a glorified houses that many people get to live in but one one guy runs.  Basicly now i find that player built, not run cities, are not a good idea.  If the towns are limited you will see more diversity in which guilds will live together and not just be one guild under one tag with subguilds inside of them but truely 2 diferent entities altogether.

Shadowbane for lack of a better word is..lacking.

Foo

Foo

• KwazyKwazy Member Posts: 4
    SB was fun in many ways. The pvp was great best since UO got carebeared out. The city building aspect was both interesting and a headache... way too high upkeep. Then the large beta zerg guilds like CoS. Plus the bugs and severe lack of customer service. Still was a fun game.

Murder may be illegal but it doesn't mean I have to like you.

Murder may be illegal but it doesn't mean I have to like you.

yea the lack of customer service was another thing that killed me

• _-Monster-__-Monster-_ Member Posts: 4

I haven't played SB since the beta ended (swing went broke and I couldn''t play here i  europe) but I have to say I enjoyed it rather alot.

Granted the "point-and-click" interface takes some time getting used to, but when you do it works great and the whole customizable interface works good.

There a tendency to level like crazy, which i loathe in a game, but in SB theres a life after that, you'll hit the soft cap at about lvls 50-55 and after that, theres still meaningful stuff to do! You can build a city, and try to maintain a guild and pledge your guilds services to a greater nation! This smells like diplomacy and intrigue!

Some of the best times I had in SB was RP'ing my big dumb-ass minotaur, I really enjoyed myself, even RP'ing him in combat.

And when people say "It has lousy graphics" I say "And so what", does graphics really matter that much? Sure there are MMOGs out there with better graphics, but not SIGNIFICANTLY better graphics. You can definately see what the characters and buildings are supposed to look like.

And the economy wasn't great when I left SB but I'm sure thay have gotten better in the mean time, it IS a huge job to design a working economy in a MMORPG, so cut the programmers some slack, they'll get it adjusted just right, even if it'll take some time.

So in conclusion: SB is certainly a game that's worth playing, it's just if you're only into killing monsters and levelling there won't be that much in SB for you, cause you'll have all the levelling done in a month or so. But if you're into PVP or strategy (which is great in SB since there's more than one player per side and sometimes even more than 2 sides in a battle) you'll have a great time playing SB.

I'd give it 7-8 out of 10.

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the night.
    Put a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    - Terry Pratchett

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the night.
    Put a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    - Terry Pratchett

• RykerRyker Member UncommonPosts: 207
    I quit in playing in june because of the lag. I played it in nov with the free week deal they had and it was still laggy. I tried to turn my graphics all the way down until everything was a blur pretty much to see if it was my pc but it was the game. Other than the lag I liked the game although it was a little short of content.

yea it was laggy

REALLY LAGGY

and the point and click interface was crap

i give it a 2 out of 10

ah ha!

so no one can argue my pointimage

• EllestarEllestar Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by MurtBijani

yea it was laggy
    REALLY LAGGY
    and the point and click interface was crap
    i give it a 2 out of 10

I can run 4 clients on my P4-2400, GF4 Ti4200, 1 Gb RAM.  That's 4 clients, not just one!!! So buy a new comp and don't try to play with 64mb RAM.

If you don't like interface, that's your problems too.

Originally posted by chebarak

2nd I have played shadowbane and definitely got bored out of it but i had many good pvp encounter and enjoyed it for a time, i never got further than lvl 35 but I do know that lvl 1-20 do not really represent what the game is all about.

Hm lvl 35? Shadowbane starts at lvl 50 when you can go on raids, banes etc. Shadobane is a PvP game so you must have a decent character. Unlike other games, where you just levelling and after that you have nothing to do, in Shadowbane you're starting playing a REAL Shadowbane after you're levelled (and you can do it fast - perhaps in 2 weeks). If you don't have an R5 char for 1 month, you can't claim that you're played Shadowbane.

Originally posted by MurtBijani

it should atleast say the game is point and click... i mean...which mmo is like that nowadays?

There are 2 possibilities:

1) You're lying.

2) You don't know what are you talking about.

You can't just mindlessly point and click in PvP situation (and there are a lot of them in Shadowbane). You'll die. And die again. Then you'll leave a game and cry on forums how this game suxx. That's not surprisingly, you can't blame himself that you suxx in PvP, so you blame a game.

Point and click then you're forming a clan? In politics? LOL

You just don't know Shadowbane.

Originally posted by foofighter405

the PKing took no skil at all just run into the battle and hope you weren't the one they targeted.

Are you talking about PK only? Say, my guildmates won several defensive banes with 1 to 3 numbers disadvantage (that was before i started to play Shadowbane).

Also, i saw a battle on an open field (All R5 chars)- 16 our chars vs ~26-28 enemy chars (that's 1,625-1,75 numbers advantage which is equal to a 2,64-3,06 power advantage (where power=HP*DPS, so it's squared).

Really, i was there but all two of my chars was dead in first ten seconds of battle - both was w/o any defence or decent HPs. Dwarf Priest was there just for buffs (in any case i can't control 2 chars in battle), Irekei Wizard is good for rolling exp groups (snare, as a mage-based he is a good nuker) or on a banes where group teleport gives a good tactical advantage both on offensive and defensive banes, but he doesn't live long in GvG on an open field. Also, my wizard didn't have Invisibility trained. And more importantly, as a nuker i must be behind friendly tanks - that was a big mistake, but it was my first battle bigger than 10vs10. 2 Centaur Barbarians owned me in seconds - as it should be considering in mind given situation.

In any case, our Elf Prelates (we had a high-defence nuker build) killed enemy nukers, after that a battle was won. Our side had 4 losses out of 16 (2 of them were my chars). Several enemy Centaur Barbs was able to run away (they have a high speed and good HPs). Cross-heals, focus fire, killing most important targets first etc.

Don't say that there is no skill in Shadowbane PvP/GvG. It's even harder to organise groups. You should use a lot of tactics on banes or you'll lose.