Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

worth playing?

DeadlobsterDeadlobster Member UncommonPosts: 126
heya, is it worth paying to have a look? are there many people playing on the server? enough that the place doesn't look empty of life?

Comments

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    All 3 versions are pretty lifeless.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    It depends on what you wan to do.  Key changes

Removed recall so people tend to stay close to their holdings now since you have to ride back from where ever you rode to, unless you drag a runestone with you.

Added FOV slider.

Allot of the the skills and spells now level up with the base class so you dont have to level each of them separately anymore.

Allot of the magic class pre-reqs are removed, so for example you can just go buy witchesbrew now if you have enough gold.

They have a weapon bar now that's linked to its own skills hotbar, so when you bind a key to a weapon on the weapon bar, the skill bar changes to match the weapon and your hotkeys can be resused for each hotbar.  You dont need a separate key bind for every hotbar slot ( but you can still have one if you want it).

If you select a weapon and its not equipped it will auto equip, it you try to use it and its not drawn it will auto draw so its ready to use, no more weapon fumbling.

You can set a default action or skill for each weapon.

They plan on adding local banking with regional resources soon.

They plan a full character wipe before launch.

There is now a steep cost associated with War Decs based on the number of people in your clan and theirs.

Those are what I think are the key changes, someone feel free to add what I missed, if you that worth it for you to play now, then to have to start over at launch, then go for it.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    OhhPaigey said:
    All 3 versions are pretty lifeless.
    Is Unholy wars running again somewhere that I don't know about?
  • gaireastgaireast Member UncommonPosts: 12
    UW is not up.  New dawn is def worth trying or at least looking in to.  If you like where the game is heading, try it.  If you want to wait for launch then follow it and see whats changing until then.  Here are all the patch notes.
    https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,1520.msg44760.html#new

• OtoanOtoan Member UncommonPosts: 17
    No recall? Man I was ready for whatever changes they were willing to make but this is such a time waster. Are they going to make me rent at an inn to log off and make it like some old school MUD?
  • OtoanOtoan Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Oh nvm. I can be bothered to carry a runestone around with me if I plan to go far. 
  • ooogyooogy Member CommonPosts: 37
    ha.. I just found out Darkfall shut down 4 years ago... never even knew.. I'm surprised it lasted that long.. I was around when it was still in development
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    better try rise of agon..

most of the community plays there
  • ubermutubermut Member UncommonPosts: 272
    edited November 2016
    darkfall new dawn recently made some big changes (spawns scale to amount of players present, mount sprinting, inventory management/sorting, fixed magic casting so you can rapid fire like you could with archery(there used to be a 1 second delay after casting any spell)) and is offering a free trial on the 15th.  Also they are making the rest of the beta free to anyone who purchases the base game (which I think is $20).  Before they had a sub to support the indev server costs but have since paid it all off so removed the sub basically.  Any months you bought for the beta will now be retroactively applied to launch subscription time.

local markets/auction houses and local banks are incoming as well as watchtowers, titles system, gear/crafting and magic overhaul, "casual player aimed content" etc.

I want both to succeed but have heard that agon is also having some pop issues.  Both games are on the cusp of some big changes so I think both populations will pick up in the next couple months, but I assume most people are waiting until there is no wipe.  A game like darkfall is only so much fun when your character progess, bank, and territory are going to be wiped in the future.
  • gaireastgaireast Member UncommonPosts: 12
    They are having another free period in a couple days, def a good time to check it out.  Also now if you buy the game you get the rest of indev for free as well as free game time at launch.  If you've ever followed darkfall now is a pretty good time to check it out. Here's the thread about the free period: https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,3617.0.html