Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone noticed this?

OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
edited October 2016 in General Gaming
Coincidence, or nah?

When all is said and done, more is always said than done.

Comments

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    The helmet from that Titanfall guy has a Dead Space touch to it.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    In general, movie poster and video game box designers have very little originality.  

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-bizarrely-specific-trends-in-old-video-game-cover-art/

It seems, at least with Hollywood, that movie poster artists seem to find a certain "look" they like from any given star and then do their very best to run that look into the ground by using it every. single. time.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19903_9-actors-who-do-exact-same-thing-every-movie-poster.html

edited October 2016
    Oh, and even more apropos of the OP topic: 
    http://www.cracked.com/article_18973_why-modern-war-fps-games-all-look-same-5Bchart5D.html

.... God I used to love that site. lol

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Torval said:
    Doesn't surprise me, pre-orders for T2 were apparently abysmal, so pushing out an offer on both may well improve sales, be interesting what measures they use to try and sell more Infinity wars copies too, rumour has it that its even less popular than T2. O.o
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    I'm not big into movies, but I've never seen (or at least noticed) 2 different games literally copy & pasting each others artwork so blatantly like that lol.
    OhhPaigey said:
    I'm not big into movies, but I've never seen (or at least noticed) 2 different games literally copy & pasting each others artwork so blatantly like that lol.
    Haha your comparison case is closer than most, that's for sure.  It reminded me of those humor articles referencing that exact same kind of "Yo, isn't this EXACTLY like that other game??" feeling you're getting from the two posters you included.

From what I've gathered, the posters use as much marketing technique as they do artistic technique.  if you look closely, you'll see trends throughout these types of entertainment options that are all similar within their genre and very much intentional (i.e. Horror movies utilize a lot of blue hues to communicate hopelessness of the protagonists and to give the entire picture an ominous overtone).

It's pretty interesting, how marketing interacts with artistry to influence our brains subconsciously!

OhhPaigey said:
    Haha your comparison case is closer than most, that's for sure.  It reminded me of those humor articles referencing that exact same kind of "Yo, isn't this EXACTLY like that other game??" feeling you're getting from the two posters you included.

From what I've gathered, the posters use as much marketing technique as they do artistic technique.  if you look closely, you'll see trends throughout these types of entertainment options that are all similar within their genre and very much intentional (i.e. Horror movies utilize a lot of blue hues to communicate hopelessness of the protagonists and to give the entire picture an ominous overtone).

It's pretty interesting, how marketing interacts with artistry to influence our brains subconsciously!
    Yeah it really is an interesting topic.
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    Feels like it's on purpose? Might either be a shout out to the other game, or some sort of a marketing/branding move?

Maybe Titanfall 2 is hoping people get confused and actually buy the game.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Titanfall 2 is awesome to be honest. Shame there will not be enough players to consistently get matches and battles.
    Watching some multiplayer of it now. I'm just not sure I'll ever be into FPS games like I used to. CoD burned me out.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다