Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows 10 Creators Update Will Enable Any Gamer to Broadcast

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
Rio Beam Hero image

at an event in New York City, Microsoft unveiled the Windows 10 Creators Update, a free update coming in early 2017 with a host of new features that empower people to create and share their experiences with others.  For gamers, the Windows 10 Creators Update will allow anyone to easily broadcast their gameplay and create their own tournaments on the fastest, most reliable multiplayer network – Xbox Live.

Beam Integration Makes Game Broadcasting Easy and More Interactive

Today, gamers on Windows 10 PCs can enjoy seamless access to gaming features via Game bar (by pressing Windows key and G) like Game DVR, making it easy to share your epic gaming moments with your friends via Xbox Live. We’re excited to announce that, with the release of the Creators Update in early 2017, Game bar will allow gamers to start a Beam broadcast for any game almost instantly.

Arena on Xbox Live Adds Gamer-Generated Tournaments

Arena on Xbox Live (available in Preview today) brings the healthy fun of competitive gaming to everyone, regardless of skill-level. Today, we announced gamer-created tournaments are coming to Arena on Xbox Live, allowing you easily define the rules of competition by setting your tournament style, inviting friends and tracking tournament progress seamlessly across your devices, whether it’s on Xbox One or Windows 10. Creating and managing your own tournaments on Xbox Live has never been easier.

Arena Inline image

Read more at https://news.xbox.com/2016/10/26/windows-10-creators-update-coming-in-early-2017/#lATcb1iPSvt2MR4J.99

Comments

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    So no streaming to Twitch.tv or Youtube?
  • MalathoosMalathoos Member UncommonPosts: 199
    gamer ran tournaments is cool though

• giffy689giffy689 Member UncommonPosts: 66
    You can still choose not to install the upate even on Windows 10 can't you?
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404
    Geez... hmm I think I will keep using shadowplay!

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152
    But I bet they will have streaming to beam.pro since beam is now ms owned.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    But I bet they will have streaming to beam.pro since beam is now ms owned.
    Maybe.

I wouldn't be surprised though if they announce streaming to something like "Windows Streaming" - re-badging beam.pro to the new name.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    I like the UI, but i have no use for that app so i won't be using it.