Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Pilgrimage - A RPG inspired by Chrono Trigger's mechanic brought to a new level on Kickstarter

The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• HyperDevboxHyperDevbox Member UncommonPosts: 4
    @bluturtle13 is the campaign over?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Is that kind of graphic in final state?

It worries me when I read that the only dev is still learning about tools he's going to use... :frown:

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    I loved Chrono Trigger but I don't think its success was based on the combat system.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    Ummmm, yeah.....
  • FilciusFilcius Member CommonPosts: 4
    edited October 2016
    @bluturtle13 is the campaign over?
    22 days to go and it is has not raised much at all. Unfortunate.
    I agree it this unfortunate, and I still don't know if it is because of the core concept or because the prototype is not finished enough.

I wonder if having raised not much prevent other people to join in? mystery.

If anyone care enough to help me make him a better game, I set up a 30 seconds anonymous survey:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeSxqLHSIgxfEl_8ujZazQc3rUEc81--Gvgyj4aCsgiz3oEnw/viewform

edited October 2016
    Is that kind of graphic in final state?

It worries me when I read that the only dev is still learning about tools he's going to use... :frown:

Well, yes, it is, they were done in a hurry and depending if I make content slower than Christa can draw, she may have more time to improve them. But the basic concept won't change.

Yes, I am still learning Unity. It does not scare me, in software engineering we have to keep up to date with latest technologies and I am used to learning new things. Being able to make a good software architecture is more important than mastering any tool. I spent enough time with Unity, starting the full game, to know that I can master it. And I made the current prototype in javascript with libraries I did not know much about: that is a proof of my skills to deliver a game.
    Post edited by Filcius on
    Dakeru said:
    I loved Chrono Trigger but I don't think its success was based on the combat system.
    I agree with you, but still, I liked the battle system and it is what inspired me. This game was cool, because some skills had AOE. But I found it frustrating that the target of a skill had to be an enemy, like the first skill: cyclone. My combat system was inspired from, but is different too. I think it is a mix between ATB and Turned-based system.

Even if it was not in the prototype, I decided I will include the in-dungeon battle: no separate screen and some battles may be avoided.

I am still not sure if mentionning Chrono Trigger to catch the attention was worth it. I got flamed by Chrono Trigger's fans just to dare comparing to this game, lol.
    Ummmm, yeah.....
    Yup.