Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Revelation, aka 3.0, to Launch December 10th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageRevelation, aka 3.0, to Launch December 10th

ArcheAge News - ArcheAge Senior Producer Merv "Khrolan" Lee Kwai has published the latest letter on the official site. Starting off with a bang, Kwai announces that ArcheAge 3.0 or "Revelation" will be launching on December 10, 2016. Revelation brings Dwarf and Warborn races on board, their homelands, the Community Center system, Abyssal Skills, and Fresh Start servers.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    This will definitely see me return. THERE ARE DWARVES.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Been waiting for this update to check the game out again. 
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    DMKano said:
    oh there are a LOT bettet changes than dwarves:
    UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH 
    That's what the rest of your post looked like to me because DWARVES > all.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• WmxWmx Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Great news for ArcheAge! 

One question stands: Will this update bring back some of the player base? I really believe this game will see some increase in population on the new server, but will it remain Pay 2 Win? I'd love to return to this game. Some of my friends are still playing without even spending a dime on it, yet they still remain competitive. 

@BillMurphy ;
    Are you leaning more towards dwarves? It will be fun to see some flashy hobbit skills! :awesome:
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited October 2016
    Idk, something about dragon ladies.... Fresh start servers should be interesting though
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    edited October 2016
    According to this marketing crap: http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2016/10/27/producers-letter-october-2016/ --------------------------------------------TL:DR the cash shop will get nerfed but then later reverted to the current p2w form. Also the AH will get merged with all other servers later on. So i guess some people will get fooled twice. ---------------------------------------------Personally i couldnt get into the game, despite doing a great job in many areas- my mind couldnt stand the pve trip after lvl 35. And it was not the pvp, it was the grindy and mindnumbing pve. The way they implemented pve to get to the fun part was just horrible and wrong that made me quit.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    DMKano said:
    UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH UNTRUTH 
    That's what the rest of your post looked like to me because DWARVES > all.
    The only good dwarf is Tyrion Lannister. The rest are all boring.
  • MelgarothMelgaroth Member UncommonPosts: 42
    edited October 2016
    Unless another company has taken over from Trion you will never see me touch this game again and i am sure i am not alone.

This bait and switch crap is getting old, if you support this company then you support screwing over your own player-base minus the whales who just don't care.

They will lure you back with fresh servers and a few months down the road claim that they need to put back in the terrible cash shop because of "player demand" and then merge the AH's because of "population issues". It's all just deception to slyly pull dollars out of your wallet so beware.
  • NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Fresh start servers... I´ll be there :)
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

DMKano said:

So the fresh start servers have a ton of cool changes:

new account required (so that you dont benfit from labor and patron points from existing account)
    limited cash shop (they removed all items that greatly speed up progression)
    controlled event release
    new land ownership rules (cant claim new plot without fully building out existing one)
    etc....

Basically looks like they are recreating what AA Alpha was like

Seriously the "Can't claim new plot without fully building existing one" got my attention. That's what the original game should have been like. I hated the fact I had to rush in order to be able to claim land just as much as those that claimed whole swathes of it pretty much straight away.

This means I can play at a relaxed pace knowing land will be available when I get that far..

Oh and yes Bill, Dwarves > all 100% - I love me a stunty !!
  • lucyluffy101lucyluffy101 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    I have 10 character level 55 without doing questing and killing mobs. All I do spending labor daily like gathering, feeding cows. Why this people still complain about leveling? If you just have patron for 1 month you can level up to 53 just spending labor daily. If you have more labor pots you can level up in this game for 1 day just process more lumber and stone bricks 100x just  2sec in crafting house. But no labor pots  allow  in fresh start server. 
  • ElisabelElisabel Member CommonPosts: 2
    I've gone AA because griefers. They are a great pest. Trion Cares less about them.
  • FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322

exile01 said:

According to this marketing crap: http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2016/10/27/producers-letter-october-2016/

--------------------------------------------TL:DR the cash shop will get nerfed but then later reverted to the current p2w form. Also the AH will get merged with all other servers later on. So i guess some people will get fooled twice.

---------------------------------------------Personally i couldnt get into the game, despite doing a great job in many areas- my mind couldnt stand the pve trip after lvl 35. And it was not the pvp, it was the grindy and mindnumbing pve. The way they implemented pve to get to the fun part was just horrible and wrong that made me quit.

The reason they revert the shop once the server reached advanced stages is because the shop benefits are miniscule once the economy is set. No one can credit card warrior only and compete with organized player nations that run content. The sheer amount of gold you get from controlling DGS is insane. Swipers are only relevant during the first 2 months of a server. If Trion is limiting the swipers ability to swipe during the first 2 months, then the game has pretty much lost all aspects of P2W.

Also, there is no pve to pvp in this game. The game is just a game. PVP finds you when you are trying to play the game. For example, when you are trying to run packs for charcoal Stabs.. or when you are trying to get your CR quests done and the gank bus makes its stop in Ynny during the CR. Outside the gild quests at the start, i never do a single quest in AA for exp. All my leveling comes form burning labor and just.. PLAYING the game. Its a sandbox that allows themeparkers to level that way if they so choose. No one is forcing you to quest or do non-end game pve. The only problem is that you have been trained since WOW for a decade that that is the only thing you can do. You see an exclamation over an NPC and your tiny ant brain makes you click on it. Why, I have no clue.. but thats just the truth sadly enough.