Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Level 80 HoT player uncertain where to go/do

ChaserzChaserz Member UncommonPosts: 317
I tried GW2 at original launch and the lack of a dedicated healer it quickly lost me.  Now I am a Ranger/Druid as I truly enjoy a ranged DPS/Healer role.  At the moment I am in a poorly organized guild with an empty calendar.  Playing wise I am mostly a PVE player but I do enjoy organized WvW at times.  My problem is I need short term goals to keep my interest, reasonably achievable goals as in without the need for large raids etc.  
Presently I am at the final HoT battle.  Soloing this is a very long  and I have now lost twice.  We're talking well over an hour of jumping, dodging, shooting.  It wears me out.  So because of this stone wall I have lost my zeal to progress and in turn the desire to play.

If anyone could give me some suggestions on how to advance my character to stay in the game and keep my interest I'd be very grateful!  Just for the record, I really like this MMO.  It's very clear a considerable amount of development when into it's content and mechanics.  It's impressive to me.

Thank you

Comments

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    The final battle is long but Solo able. Currently, The Mad King is around so those events are fun. Also, have you unlocked all of the new skills? That means working in maps, etc. Have you been to Ember Bay? that is the new LS3 area. Quite fun there also but you need masteries from HoT to make it through the map.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Sometimes games just end and you move on.  Or start a new character.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Chaserz said:
    I tried GW2 at original launch and the lack of a dedicated healer it quickly lost me.  Now I am a Ranger/Druid as I truly enjoy a ranged DPS/Healer role.  At the moment I am in a poorly organized guild with an empty calendar.  Playing wise I am mostly a PVE player but I do enjoy organized WvW at times.  My problem is I need short term goals to keep my interest, reasonably achievable goals as in without the need for large raids etc.  
    Presently I am at the final HoT battle.  Soloing this is a very long  and I have now lost twice.  We're talking well over an hour of jumping, dodging, shooting.  It wears me out.  So because of this stone wall I have lost my zeal to progress and in turn the desire to play.

If anyone could give me some suggestions on how to advance my character to stay in the game and keep my interest I'd be very grateful!  Just for the record, I really like this MMO.  It's very clear a considerable amount of development when into it's content and mechanics.  It's impressive to me.

Thank you
    Why can't you just ask in chat if anyone would like to join you for that battle?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I didnt even realize it was soloable.  I just grouped up to do that one. 
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Sovrath said:
    Chaserz said:

Thank you
    Why can't you just ask in chat if anyone would like to join you for that battle?
    I dunno, maybe so he can post this (seemingly) problem for conversation sake?

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
    For the OP, just use LFG tool and search for story party.

• ChaserzChaserz Member UncommonPosts: 317
    Sovrath said:
    Chaserz said:

Thank you
    I dunno, maybe so he can post this (seemingly) problem for conversation sake?
    I can assure you I have asked.  Both in general chat and guild chat.  

I posted this sincerely.  Do us a favor:  Try and not be so presumptively cynical. 
  • carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Sovrath said:
    Chaserz said:

Thank you
    You should apologize for being an ass
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    I don't think @Sovrath was being an ass just for asking an obvious question.

Having said so, if you are playing on an European based server OP then I could offer to clear the final instance with you.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Happy to help. Drop your name and we can take care of that. or whisper Taaz in game.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    carotid said:
    Sovrath said:
    Chaserz said:

Thank you
    I wasn't being an ass. But nice of you to assume the worst.

I am a solo player, I never ask in clan/guild if there are groups, however, I find if I go to general and say "hey all, I'm about to do x does anyone want to join" I always get a few people and am able to complete the task.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    carotid said:
    Sovrath said:
    Chaserz said:

Thank you
    Oh nice, now we can even call a guy who solved his own problem an ass. :awesome:

What an age we are living in!

Toxia said:
    Happy to help. Drop your name and we can take care of that. or whisper Taaz in game.
    And you did.  Thank you so very much for helping me and a couple others.  You are a very generous person.  Thank you Taaz!
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Also posting on the official forums might help if you have not already done so.
    I'd like to thank everyone for the helpful replies.  I really want to get the ball rolling in this MMO and development character while enjoying its vast content.  Thank you all again and thanks to Toxia especially!