Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoundBlasterX Giveaway #1! - MMORPG.com News

Comments

• MaitatronMaitatron Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Shadowbane was the best for me, it had the best customisation of characters of any MMO. You could customize the stats the way you want, you could differentiate so much a character from one another character in the same class, so that it seems endless customisation.
  • tjcombotjcombo Member UncommonPosts: 38
    My favorite MMO would be The Matrix Online. It had great interactivity especially with the combat. Despite some of the bugs it had, I was addicted. But I love entering the world of the Matrix and meeting some of the NPCs like NEO and Morpheus. Agents were fun to fight and run away from. The game had a lot of potential.
  • ExplorerLPExplorerLP Member CommonPosts: 2
    My favourite MMO is Riders of Icarus at the time. Second is natuarly WoW! ;-)
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    My favorite MMO is / was Lineage 2. It had awesome sieges, it had PvP in the world that felt meaningful, gankers existed but you could roll in a group and get rid of them. It had a lot of socializing due to the grindy nature of the game, but it was fun. I loved it.
  • aubinno82aubinno82 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    My favourite MMO is WoW because it's good and it's my first mmo, i guess.
  • KrixlKrixl Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Right now it is MU Online - having a blast with it. I really hope that it is finally an ARPG MMO that does it right.
  • SoulsemmerSoulsemmer Member UncommonPosts: 28
    I have to say Final Fantasy XIV is my current favorite. The aesthetics, the mechanics, and especially the music. The story got so much better with Heavensward, and while I take breaks, I keep wanting to go back.
  • berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Oh boy! My favorite...well, due to the time spent and all the people I've meet there and after losing two girlfriends, cuz raiding is more important right? I have to say...*drums roll*...

- World of Warcraft

Even tho I don't play it anymore (I'm married now and I have a son, and nothing more important than your wife and son right?) From time to time I see those desperate emails from Blizzard in my spam box saying that they miss me, I even replied back but I got an email saying to do not reply and I feelbadman. Hopefully when my son grows up I can teach him to play WoW2 and I'll earn a bot. <3

Beta tester maniac

• kabuki77kabuki77 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    edited October 2016
    My favourite one is World of Warcraft, besides all the hate and problems it has, I've been playing for a lot of years and I'm still enjoying it. I've met a lot of people there that now are great friends in real life even many of them are not playing anymore.
  • ekwkekwk Member UncommonPosts: 15
    My favourite MMO is actually a MUD. Does that count????!!!
    Made some of the best friends through that game on a 56k dial-up modem.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CKPlayGameCKPlayGame Member UncommonPosts: 33
    My favorite mmorpg is AC2. I played it when I was waiting for WoW.
    I love the patron system which encourage higher level players to help low level players.
    You will very often see higher level hand hold lower level players and teach them everything because of the incentives(experience) they gain from their.....subordinates? That allows the game to reward BOTH new players and old players.....it doesn't happen in most games.....
    I love how you could break everything and craft. (I like the old crafting more than the 2.0 crafting.
    The skill tree system where your lower tier skill could be useful (every 10 points get you 1 in the next tier) is nice. Classes are well designed and specs plays very differently.
    The itemization is nice too.....As before getting the best rare drops I could rely on my crafted gears (again.....crafting was enjoyable)

AC2 did all games elements right.....there were bugs here and there.....there was lag here and there.....but man microsoft killed it......well wow helped killing it too.....
  • shinjitsu666shinjitsu666 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    My favourite MMO was conquer 2.0 back in the days, it was just pure fun to jump around kill mobs, follow stronger players trying to take their loot.
  • john25301john25301 Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Earth and Beyond, the Zen of mining and the frustration of learning new recipes and crafting. I was on Orion server and drama was off the hook. lol Loved every minute of it.

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - Winston Churchill

• AryslanAryslan Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Wow because its the only one who keeps hooking me up. But i really miss Anarchy Online, its deep skill system... hope Funcom made a good Anarchy Online 2
  • Kytus_666Kytus_666 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Everquest is my favourite MMORPG, it really captured the whole Multiplayer aspect of the genre in terms of developing the community and your own characters reputation actually meaning something. I've played many other MMO's but nothing has come close to what Everquest achieved.
  • eminenceseminences Member CommonPosts: 1
    It's hard to choose. Well, EverQuest was a really good mmo and then EverQuest II. Then came World of Warcraft.. not forgetting Lineage II which is super hardcore but fun to play with a group of friends! Also, Warhammer Online but sadly the game didn't make it with the "too many servers" and later in the year about 60 servers were taken down and then still, eventually died.

Still a wower up till today and probably the only game that ever got my attention for 10yrs!
  • darkboazdarkboaz Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Great question I have to really give two answers as for play and time spent it would have to be EQ. I look back and still giggle about how silly some of the grind was and how more modern games handle things but it was truly ground breaking and like a bad old relationship I remember it fondly.

The other one would have to be SWG it was so iconic ,why I list it is that because of it I found this place as it was here we could really talk about the game. Through all the different games I have played over time the one constant is coming and staying here at MMORPG.

Thnaks
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Star trek online. Decent cash store and it just works (normally) and its Star Trek.
  • sirozzysirozzy Member UncommonPosts: 30
    My current favourite MMO is Riders of Icarus, cause i have something i can play that with my 8 years old daughter together, besides all those RL ponies and Filly's. Other than that my all time favourite MMO of course was SWG Pre-CU. No other (not even eve-online) came close to this great beast.
  • JermzyJermzy Member UncommonPosts: 211
    My favorite MMO is DAoC. Hands down the best PvP and the best community experience i have ever had. Although times have changed and i don't play it much anymore, it still holds that #1 spot for me.
    Haroo!
  • CycotikwolfCycotikwolf Member UncommonPosts: 3
    My all time favorite mmo would be Wildstar. I enjoyed the humor, setting, storylines and all the characters. The combat was amazingly fun and the dungeons are what sold the game for me. After running that first dungeon, and needing to communicate and work out strategies for each boss and execute it as best as possible. Then there was the awesome community it has. Lota of fun people ans things to do. I dont have as much time to play it due to irl constraints(first child) but still jump on and hang out when i get the chance. Also. Double jump is so much fun. And hoverboards :D
  • KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    My favorite MMO would be Star Wars Galaxies.For a sandbox game, there was so much to do, I could sit and dance in the cantina without raising my lightsaber, or grind for jedi (which I got pre cu). I miss the freedom, crafting and the people I met in this game so many years ago. No game has come close to this one since :(
  • RnjypsyRnjypsy Member UncommonPosts: 64
    So many favorites for so many reasons but,  going  with time played and friends made,  World of Warcraft takes  top spot.
  • Str8HellStr8Hell Member UncommonPosts: 30
    I would say my favorite MMO currently out is ESO. They have updated the game so much since launch and it really feels like a MMO to me. Huge world with people mostly everywhere giving it a really cool a "alive" feeling that I really enjoy. WoW is in a content drought right now, Tera is a grindy action based Korean style MMO. GW2 is still doing pretty good right now with frequent enough updates, and a good combat system. FFXIV is getting stale as fuck with the same content coming every 6 months with NOTHING new or interesting. BDO is a Korean MMO, nuff said IMHO.
This discussion has been closed.