Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoundBlasterX Giveaway #1! - MMORPG.com News

Comments

• NocensfasNocensfas Member UncommonPosts: 5
    My favorite is TESO, because it is anther game were you can explore more of Tamriel.
    It has a rich character creation very realistic, and the fact that you have a lot to explore,you will always have something to do.
  • rhialtorhialto Member UncommonPosts: 4
    My favorite MMO was Asheron's Call. When it was being developed, I was able to get into the beta for it. It did not take me long to fall in love with the game. From the ability to be exactly what you want, to the crafting, it stood out to me and there has yet to be one on the market since, that made me feel the way AC did.
  • sceerysceery Member UncommonPosts: 15
    I think i would call my favorite MMO is DaoC. Cause of the RvR, and pure fun of it. I think nobody has been able to get that feeling still into MMO PvP. I cant even say what exactly was "it" but it is missing. I hope new DaoC has the same feel.
  • chanmingchanming Member UncommonPosts: 52
    My all time favorite mmo is Ultima Online. It was a such a well-made mmo that in today's standarts it's either impossible or too expensive to make a game like this. It was huge open world, full loot pvp and amazing soundtracks. World of Warcraft is also deserves a special spot in my heart. By far, World of Warcraft is the most immersive mmorpg ever made in this universe. There are so many details in the game, it's such a characteristic mmorpg. Despite it's age, it's still the most polished mmorpg today. FOR THE HORDE!!!!
  • govi333govi333 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Aion, because it has the best PvP. IMHO.
  • KittyKattKittyKatt Member UncommonPosts: 8
    I have not a signal one but more then afew online MMO's. UO was my first and longest game to play. But so many good one have come and played. Each have there own way have stood out that it hard to pick just one. I have been surprised and disappointed in with the game that have follow. I hope one day i will find that one MMO that make me goes WOW now this game has everything i am looking for.
  • KahrekKahrek Member UncommonPosts: 68
    I have lots of favorite MMOs for different concepts. EQ1 for community, Ultima Online for early PVP and making me discover MMOs but if I had to give the crown to any single game it would be EVE online. A game where you as an individual are tiny and insignificant but at the same time empowered beyond any other MMO I have ever played.

I guess I like the master of my own destiny part of the game. I have not played a single game that has made me feel more conected to the people I play with and the game world I live in than EVE online.

Cheers,
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    TheOtter said:
    My favorite MMO is the now dead City of Heroes. I'm a huge altaholic and CoH let me go absolutely nuts with pretty much anything I could think of. I was part of my first guild there and I made friends who I still talk to today. Just flying around and exploring the complex maps was a lot of fun.

It's extra special to me because the supergroup I was part of eventually led me to meeting the woman I would marry. The game changed a lot over the years, but it always remained my go to MMO. Sure, I played WoW and others, but City of Heroes was really something special.

I am a COH altholic as well.   So many fun builds.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• pacov81pacov81 Member UncommonPosts: 24
    ArcheAge! Why? One word in William Wallace style...FREEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOM! =D
  • Mr_And3rssonMr_And3rsson Member UncommonPosts: 18
    My all time favorite MMO is by far SWTOR; partly because of the setting but mostly how they built it up with the stories.

Every class has it's own story line, which is so very rare to see in any game these days and it made me so happy when I played the game.

Along with that, -every- quest (yes, even side-quests) is fully voice acted which means no pesky walls of text whenever you accept one.

The immersion is top-notch in this game and I really hope they decide to make a 2:nd one some day.
  • AfrikanacAfrikanac Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Maybe not the best game ever but I enjoy it very much. It is Lords of the rings. I like the franchise and like the story. I read the books and story is overwhelming. It's mind blowing.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    My favorite MMO at this moment is still Wildstar.
    Despite it's many flaws and poor handling i can still see the passion this studio puts into it -and that is one thing i can't say for alot of MMOs today.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Guild Wars 2; it's easy to jump into at anytime, not very demanding of my time and user friendly; much like riding a bike you never forget how to play.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• StormsoneStormsone Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Everquest kunark era its first mmo I played and the last mmo I played. I went and played the p99 server was fun for awhile. No other mmo is as challenging or addicting as everquest for me.
  • SkavenapsSkavenaps Member UncommonPosts: 67
    My favourite MMO is WoW. Even when i stop to play time to time, I'm still in contact with the friends I made ingame. Thats always a reason to return/keep playing
  • StraibanStraiban Member UncommonPosts: 12
    My favourite MMO is probably Guild Wars 2. It's the one MMO I keep coming back to although I just play it casually. The best thing is that the game keeps getting better every time I come back to it. I just love its questing system and its art style.
  • WalperWalper Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Aion.Cause it's the only mmo ive played more than 5 years.
  • LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Atm my favorite one is Albion Online. Sure it hasn't released yet, but its keeps taking babysteps to become THE sandbox game out there for many of us. Sure I wish it would have released, but I like how the developers take their time to polish their diamond. So I will be there locked and ready once the game finally goes live.
  • RoyalValorRoyalValor Member UncommonPosts: 25
    My favorite mmo probably is black desert online because it has so much stuff to do and also the graphics are amazing
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    "tell us what your favorite MMO is and why."
    As a hopper, I don't have a favourite, have at least two :lol:  but at this very moment I'd say TSW, since the new Samhain just started yesterday...

For the why, I'd list my other best as well, LotRO. Both have the aspects which are the most important to me in an mmoRpg: great story and writing, awesome community (and roleplay), plenty to do just for the fun beside the so-called "endgame". Oh, and the completely ignorable pvp :wink:
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I cant decide for one! I go back to almost all, every now and then! If I should pick one, I think it would be WoW! Why? Nostalgy.

• berenimberenim Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Call it rose colored glases, but Anarchy Online still holds that place, followed by TSW and Ryzom.

AO had great atmosphere, complexity and it feld like a world. Arriving on Rubi-Ka by space station, being shot down by aliens and then arriving in Borealis actually felt like trying to give that specific feel of a world, not just a story.
    Unfortunatly WoW sucked loads of players out and it was hard to play after that (The reason why I hold kind of a grudge with WoW and never played it) and half of my Org switched over there. But all in all it delivered great atmosphere, with mobs actually making noises and not only being there for the next quest, the soundtrack and all.
    MaxBacon

• cowheadcowhead Member UncommonPosts: 94
    In the past, my favourite MMORPG would have been EverQuest. It was my first and I will always love it. Currently though, my favourite would be EvE Online.
  • BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624
    My all time favourite MMO was Lineage 2, for the siege and clan wars.
    But now I'm playing Black Desert and I love the combat, I couldn't go back to a tab-targeting game.

I would love that headset, it's Creative for god's sake, legends of sound. I still have around somewhere a 19 years old Sound Blaster :)

• ManifestationManifestation Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Mine has to be PristonTale, such a fun combat system and one of my first mmorpgs I ever played, and I still play it !
This discussion has been closed.