Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low spec mmorpgs anyone?

zeatzijszeatzijs Member UncommonPosts: 2
Is there still any good mmorpg's that run on low/old spec computer?
I burned my laptop, now im trying to find a good mmorpg to run on my wooden box. My specs are..
Windows XP
1gb ram
Pentium(r) 4CPU 2.66GHz
NVIDIA Geforce 6200 turbocache ( 256mb memory )

Yeah.. Shitty isnt it? So guys, can you suggest me good mmorpgs? :3 I love WoW, but it doesnt support p4. :cry: 

Comments

• HighestHandHighestHand Member UncommonPosts: 108
    1 GB Ram?!?! 

Runescape - Very popular and recently came out with 1-9 skills, raids, clan wars, etc. 
    Ragnarok Online

Yeah..
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited September 2015
    Probably WoW.  EQ, any of the oldest MMO's I'm thinking.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    edited September 2015
    Drop 5$ and get yourself 3 more gigs of DDR1 man, 1gb is unacceptable for most any game made in the last 15 years period. Not to mention the obscene bottle necking you must have with well everything.

Also to keep on topic, try RPG MO, its on steam and runs on a calculator.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Vanilla World of Warcraft
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    edited September 2015
    Guild Wars 1 would run easily on that.

Shaiya from Aeria Games.

Aion would probably run at lower settings.

Runes of Magic used to have a small download client with reduced texture resolutions, but I think they upgraded so that might not be happy on your machine.

Tweak All 3.0 has a utility called tweak tray that sits in your system tray and offers a tool that does a good job at freeing up system cache in XP.  Free 3/4 of memory before loading a game, and you'll open up 600 megs or so, which is more than sufficient for most 2007 era games to run.

Wikipedia has an MMORPG list with release dates.  Look for 2007 and you should be okay unless the game has upgraded the client.  Many of the Korean games back then had low hardware requirements.

Don't sweat the 256 meg video card.  Lots back then ran at low settings even on 128.

I'll go so far as suggesting a specific game:  Asura Force

Your machine falls into the recommended specs.

DirectX: DirectX 9.0C and above
    CPU: P4 2.0G / Athlon X2 7750
    RAM: 1GB
    GraphicsCard: Geforce2 MX 400 / 64M

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Anarchy Online perhaps?

Although with their latest graphical update it might run like a dog...ohh wait.... nevermind.....  >:)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    edited September 2015
    nvm misread.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    If it's that old 1 GB of ram may be the max. 

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    I would say GW1 as well, and DDO. But you seriously need to check with all your friends and see if someone don't have an old GFX card lying around. If it have DDR3 you could also buy 4 x 1 gig memories for close to nothing, if it is older rams check with your frinds as well. The CPU is old and all and far from good (to say the least) but the GFX card is ancient and was crap when it was new 15 years ago and 1 gig ram sucked already back then.

I assume money is tight at the moment but a lot of people have better parts just collecting dust at home and I am sure someone you know have some better crap they can give or borrow you. 
    If it's that old 1 GB of ram may be the max. 
    Yeah, if it is older than a Pentium. My old Cyrix 686 had 16 gig max and that was '94. Seriously, this one will have between 16 and 64 depending on the motherboard. P4 are indeed old but they had a pretty good capacity for ram, the problem just was that it was expensive so most people had 4 gigs for a gaming computer and 2 or less for an office machine.

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    zeatzijs said:
    I burned my laptop, now im trying to find a good mmorpg to run on my wooden box. My specs are..
    Windows XP
    1gb ram
    Pentium(r) 4CPU 2.66GHz

Yeah.. Shitty isnt it? So guys, can you suggest me good mmorpgs? :3 I love WoW, but it doesnt support p4. :cry: 
    Ryzom is a good one, that is still around. Also SWGEMU, EQ project 1999, Shadowbane emulator, Ulitma online classic, any browser game, and hmm Uncharted waters online. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    That's not low spec, that thing came out of a museum. Pentium 4 was popular when I was in elementary school lool.

I don't think even GW1 will run properly on that thing, it will be laggy and will look ugly as hell. 

Current WoW - no way, vanilla WoW used to have a minimum requirement of 512 MB RAM. But it will be laggy as hell but it will run.

SO yeah Gw1 and vanilla wow will run but you will get like 20fps on low-med settings.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

zeatzijs said:
    Windows XP
    1gb ram
    Pentium(r) 4CPU 2.66GHz

If they still exist they are quite likely aimed at the mobile faction of gaming, and not PC.
    Well, considering that an ipad air 2 is a billion times more powerful than his PC, even current mobile games won't run on that hardware. 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Agree with GW one. Also not literally an MMO but private servers allow for an experience like one is Neverwinter Nights (Bioware)    
     Everquest 2 might be playable if you were able to get another gig or so of RAM. Though the Gfx may hold it back. EQ1 for sure though.
    Yet my number one pick would be Asheron's Call. Still the best MMO experience I have ever had and still very much worth playing today. Your system would be fine. Good luck and good gaming! =)
    NWN1 definitely highly recommended!

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    WoW that's actually lower than my computer from 2001, I was going to recommend Blade and Soul as it's really well optimized, but damn, I don't even know if you could play Maplestory.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    PokeMMO, yeah pokemon mmo

https://pokemmo.eu/

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    edited September 2015

misread, ignore.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    fivoroth said:
    That's not low spec, that thing came out of a museum. Pentium 4 was popular when I was in elementary school lool.

I don't think even GW1 will run properly on that thing, it will be laggy and will look ugly as hell. 

Current WoW - no way, vanilla WoW used to have a minimum requirement of 512 MB RAM. But it will be laggy as hell but it will run.

SO yeah Gw1 and vanilla wow will run but you will get like 20fps on low-med settings.
    Actually, I am more worried that he have less memory then my Pentium 3 had even earlier and that the graphics card wasn't really meant for gaming even when it was new.

But GW will run on it: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Running_the_game He actually is somewhere over recommended requirements so it wont be that laggy.
  • coyotesordogscoyotesordogs Member CommonPosts: 1
  • YanocchiYanocchi Member UncommonPosts: 677
    zeatzijs said:
    Windows XP
    1gb ram
    Pentium(r) 4CPU 2.66GHz

This should work on low/mid graphic settings. Six years ago I played it on a PC built in 2003 (1gb ram, Amd Ahtlon XP 2400+, Radeon 9700 128mb memory) with most setting on low and some on medium.

Baldur's Gate Online - Video Trailer
    * more info, screenshots and videos here

• HyperionPlayzHyperionPlayz Member UncommonPosts: 3
    @zeatzijs Probably late but WoW is still pretty good