Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best-Selling Games in the US for September 2016

The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Look at those sports games go!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    I wonder who actually plays them, I don't have any friends who do so.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited October 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Kyleran said:

My son plays MLB a LOT!!! Best value in gaming for him, for sure. Playing through each and every game, for a 20-year career? That's just too much work for me. 

I think I played half a season, simulated the remainder of my career. Put up hall of fame statistics only to have the game congratulate me on a great career and subsequently end the game. Sort of anti-climactic in my books, for the greatest baseball player in history. Kinda reminds me of Ghosts and Goblins, if you remember that.   

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    CrazKanuk said:
    Kyleran said:

My son plays MLB a LOT!!! Best value in gaming for him, for sure. Playing through each and every game, for a 20-year career? That's just too much work for me. 

I think I played half a season, simulated the remainder of my career. Put up hall of fame statistics only to have the game congratulate me on a great career and subsequently end the game. Sort of anti-climactic in my books, for the greatest baseball player in history. Kinda reminds me of Ghosts and Goblins, if you remember that.   
    I get the appeal of creating your own player and taking him through seasons...  But then we're really playing their sports games as RPGs! ;)

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    It seems to tell us we havent advanced much in the last 20 years...Most of those games are just continuation in a series that started many years ago.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    EA a giant douche business that would lie to it's own mother,no way would i trust those numbers.

Just imagine that a giant like the UFC under heavy scrutiny by the FBI managed to misrepresent their business by at least 100%,so then imagine what kind of $$$ pull EA has in manipulating numbers.
    Thne you figure the numbers were released by a VERY controversial business "NPD group[" and you can pretty much toss the numbers right out the window.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    edited October 2016
    Kyleran said:
    Image result for old man playing video game
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Kyleran said:
    Me. Other than Netflix the biggest use my PS4 gets is the EA NHL franchise.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Kyleran said:
    Gamers dont play them, couch surfers play them
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    lol Sports games still high on the tops, cheap to get a new every year out, just amazing. :expressionless:
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I used to play NFL video games back when NFL 2K was around.. Madden pales in comparison IMO. I never have been able to get into Basketball or Baseball games all that much even though I try them out every few years.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    The vast majority of people that I meet who play sports games, only play sports games.  

When I was in the Army, sports games were huge.  I'd walk into a B Hut in AfghanIraqIstan somewhere and there'd be four dudes playing Madden.  I'd be like "Let me see what games you have" and it would be a stack of Madden and NBA games and whatever the newest GTA game was and nothing else... maybe Halo... maybe.
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    goboygo said:
    Kyleran said:
    Gamers dont play them, couch surfers play them
    those sports games are very competitive and i'm pissed that madden isnt on PC anymore (or any legit NFL game for that matter). hopefully one day it will be back though, as i refuse to buy a console just to play an exclusive or two.
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    edited October 2016
    H0urg1ass said:
    The vast majority of people that I meet who play sports games, only play sports games.  

When I was in the Army, sports games were huge.  I'd walk into a B Hut in AfghanIraqIstan somewhere and there'd be four dudes playing Madden.  I'd be like "Let me see what games you have" and it would be a stack of Madden and NBA games and whatever the newest GTA game was and nothing else... maybe Halo... maybe.
    i would agree with that, the kind of people that plays those kind of games are usually the competitive sports guys, not computer gaming RPG nerds like us :)
  • MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    filmoret said:
    Kyleran said:

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Kyleran said:

Not every gamer is an MMO/RPG nerd. I know, shocking.

There are also other people in the world besides you and your friends. *gasp*

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    filmoret said:
    Kyleran said:

In contrast to the crowd here:

I think it's far more likely people here don't understand it because they don't know what sports are.

See, I can make ignorant generalizations too.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Wizardry said:
    EA a giant douche business that would lie to it's own mother,no way would i trust those numbers.

Just imagine that a giant like the UFC under heavy scrutiny by the FBI managed to misrepresent their business by at least 100%,so then imagine what kind of $$$ pull EA has in manipulating numbers.
    Thne you figure the numbers were released by a VERY controversial business "NPD group[" and you can pretty much toss the numbers right out the window.
    I guess YOU can, reasonable people can use them as a basis for a discussion.

More to the point, I have never had much interest in the sports games, and it appears I am in the minority. Cool to see COD still pulling good numbers.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.