Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ascension - Don’t Call it a Comeback - Skyforge Editorials

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageAscension - Don’t Call it a Comeback - Skyforge Editorials

Skyforge’s big expansion Ascension launches today, and we’ve been playing the game’s pre-patch changes in anticipation of the big update. What we’ve found are a slew of very welcome changes to a game that seemed needlessly complex at launch. Read on for our impressions!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• theimmortalherotheimmortalhero Member CommonPosts: 1
    The "update " is the worst I've seen since swg nge , even the nge was the longer part of swg and at the end is was great but that took them a while , skyforge took awake the atlas and orders , 2 major parts of the game ...imo they just killed the game
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Had a blast with this game for a couple of months, might check it back out. Fun combat, just gets repetitive
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    By the way - it takes 20 minutes to max out a class after update (instead of 10 hours in previous version). You better do it now before they re-introduced the grind.

Thank you for your time!

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    This game could be the first that gets simplified to just one class pew pewing anonymous trash mobs - endlessly.
    Solo - spam mobs, Group - spam mobs, Repeat - over and over.

Stays in my top 3 worst mmo's ever.
  • ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    Bill, Can you unlock all characters now or do you have to purchase the Outlaw package to get him? Haven't really played since release and I know a few of the classes were out of reach but you still could unlock them after lots of grind?
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Elvoc said:
    Bill, Can you unlock all characters now or do you have to purchase the Outlaw package to get him? Haven't really played since release and I know a few of the classes were out of reach but you still could unlock them after lots of grind?
    You can unlock all of them just by playing the campaign map. It's really simple. Still gated, but much easier to grasp.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• RosenborgRosenborg Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Tried to play this but the controller support is pretty bad. No way to invert look in-game, though this isn't a problem if you have a xbox one controller but the dual binding of  zoom in and out to left and right triggers is a problem.

If anyone knows a fix, please do tell.

I have a bad back so now a days I play all games with a controller while laying on the couch. 
  • spawn12345spawn12345 Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Downloading to try it again

I stopped at end game after some months of playing because the end game in this mmo was the most boring thing I have ever done in gaming. The game up to that was lots of fun

I hope its better now!
  • ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    They really need a refresh or rest option, I got 5 classes and cant remember how to play any of them :)
  • vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436

Downloading to try it again

I stopped at end game after some months of playing because the end game in this mmo was the most boring thing I have ever done in gaming. The game up to that was lots of fun

I hope its better now!

sounds like me, would like to hear your thoughts on the changes when you tried it!
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I really enjoyed it at the start but reading ahead discovered it to be a huge grind. I'll take a look at the new system as it sounds interesting. Never liked all the currencies and extra levels of complexities some games add anyway. I play with two characters one on NA and another on EU servers, very easy to switch back and forth at login and provides a nice change of pace for altoholics, both connections were good.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    i don't get it, how DO you acually get the gunner?

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Thane said:

i don't get it, how DO you acually get the gunner?

The Outlaw? Play the campaign, unlock it when you reach its node. Conversely, buy the 35$ CE.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    uh okai, they moved the classes from the atlas to the campaign now, got it, ty

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I'm updating the game now. It's really getting bad reviews on their forums. God form harder to bring up, trash mobs are harder, game on rails, it goes on. A few people like the changes, a very few.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• EvilGamingEvilGaming Member UncommonPosts: 24
    i think the new change is way better than previous version just my opinion i bean i did back this game back before it launched and disliked the launch and just forgot about it till i got a email about the new stuff and i liked it but still i will play every now and then but thats about it
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I get all the classes I unlocked before this change correct? I don't have to do anything for example to get my berserker again? I might check this game out again at some point.
  • IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    Dumbed down is better? To many currencies what does that even mean, to many for what? How many currencies are there around the globe, to0 many? If some one had trouble keeping track of the atlas an the what 7 or 8 currencies in the game I would not want them in my raid team lol. God forbid they should have to keep track of the other 9 players three boss mechanics and what ever they are nubcaking it up with on their end :D
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    I enjoyed this game but hit some kind of wall at one point and I just stopped logging in. I have to go check why I stopped playing as the reason eludes me now since I have good memories about the game. I seriously play way too many games to be honest some are blending into one another in my head.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065

Ishkal said:

Dumbed down is better? To many currencies what does that even mean, to many for what? How many currencies are there around the globe, to0 many? If some one had trouble keeping track of the atlas an the what 7 or 8 currencies in the game I would not want them in my raid team lol. God forbid they should have to keep track of the other 9 players three boss mechanics and what ever they are nubcaking it up with on their end :D

If only we could all be as elite as you....you would let us in your raid. What an honor that would be!

/sarcasm
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • RandomCCRandomCC Member UncommonPosts: 10
    The problem with the Ascension Atlas wasn't the mechanic itself, it was the stupid amount of time players had to spend to get the classes they wanted, which was increased by the weekly walls they had in place for people who had a lot of time. This looks like they went too far in the opposite direction and made things too simple/easy. I hope they at least explain these new things as well as they explained the Atlas.
  • moyrainemoyraine Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I agree RandomCC. I enjoyed much about the game as it was. Now it seems they have "dumbed-down" too much. Excessively.

My 2nd account with a very low prestige Lightbringer was a real challenge to play before. Now it's as if she can do no wrong. Massive dps that EZmodes some of the much more challenging missions, etc that I'd run under the old system.

DDD (dumb-down disease) seems to always be contracted by developers of ftp MMOs trying to appeal to the "mass audience" in an effort to raise the profit margin.

Sadly, having played MMOs for almost 20 years, this isn't the first game I've seen messed up by it.

~~~~
    Khahleen Peredhil, (Retired)
    Hierophant of Tunare, Lanys T`Vyl Server
     ~~~~
    Reninia, (Retired)
    Paladin of Rodcet Nife, Stromm server
     ~~~~
    Moyraine Minzwisper, (Retired)
    Coercer of Tunare, Tribunal Server
     ~~~~
  • spawn12345spawn12345 Member UncommonPosts: 172
    After coming back in the game and playing for hours since yesterday I can say only one thing. Stay away

I dont know how they did it, but they changed every aspect for the worse
    They didnt take away the currency at all they just replaced them with other things.
    I cant do ANYTHING to customize the classes at all, took away all kind of choice you had

The introduced even more stupid grind to everything in the game

Nope uninstalled

Before it was just the end game that was stupidly boring now the whole game is stupidly boring

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    edited October 2016
    Enjoying the change, especially like picking up parts of mobs for weapons. The new symbol passive procs are a nice addition while in combat and it's not just effects the 2h swords a killer.

Had to add sharing the same prestige and stats now between the classes is a nice change takes the grind out of doing them separate. Before it just sucked the fun out of the whole class quick change model. In the middle of a bad run changing a class before when needed only worked if that class was up to par.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Is the assassin class (Forgot name) still useless after the blood harvest nerf?

Only class I really enjoyed playing.