Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Five Reasons to Try Out Revelation Online - The List

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageFive Reasons to Try Out Revelation Online - The List

Revelation Online lands in closed beta a week from today on October 25th, 2016. With that in mind, today we’re taking a look at the features and footage around the web of the imported MMORPG, to try and figure out what parts of the game are most enticing. Read on for our Fives Reasons to Try Revelation Online. These are just a few of our reasons, feel free to add your own!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GodlyLightGodlyLight Member UncommonPosts: 6
    To me it sounds like an improved and modernized AION.
    And i loved AION.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited October 2016
    I'm disappointed in you William. One of those reasons should've been making a loli-looking dolphin thrower that prances around, but I'm guessing that was number 6 on the list! This game is gonna be so fun! 1 week away guys!
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    I read it's just another P2W with the same BIS mechanics as other eastern mmo's like AA with an RNG crafting/upgrading system tied to the cash shop. I'll pass.
  • Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 630

I read it's just another P2W with the same BIS mechanics as other eastern mmo's like AA with an RNG crafting/upgrading system tied to the cash shop. I'll pass.

Joseph, I think you need to throw in a few more acronyms :-D
  • nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    edited October 2016
    You didn't even mention my biggest reason, Seamless world.........
  • Krynt0kKrynt0k Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Love the Hype! Too bad It will end up being the same as BDO was. You loved BDO so much bill!
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited October 2016
    Onerous monetization practices, hacking, exploits and bugs will likely overshadow any positive features or gameplay this title offers.

Just the way of things these days.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Albatroes said:
    I'm disappointed in you William. One of those reasons should've been making a loli-looking dolphin thrower that prances around, but I'm guessing that was number 6 on the list! This game is gonna be so fun! 1 week away guys!
    Yeah, I have to say, that sort of "broke me". Mostly the dolphin/prancing thing. 

I'm passing on this one but have fun all!
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Krynt0k said:

Love the Hype! Too bad It will end up being the same as BDO was. You loved BDO so much bill!

Oh, I still adore BDO. I just don't have the kind of time needed to devote to it right now.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Krynt0k said:

Oh, I still adore BDO. I just don't have the kind of time needed to devote to it right now.
    I have to say that even though I don't have the time I really enjoy being in Black Desert and doing "something". Haven't felt this way since L2.

If only Revelation didn't have that whole prancing dolphin thing ...  :(
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Krynt0kKrynt0k Member UncommonPosts: 256

Krynt0k said:

I felt the same way, I played every day for over 2 months. The reason I quit wasnt because of the hacks or any P2W features because I never saw it as a problem. I just got caught up with RL and a game like BDO is hard to get back into once you have been away! My 2 cents.
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Game looks interesting to me because the PVE is story driven which I like and I prefer Battlegrounds PVP to Open World. I also like the style of the graphics being a mixture of stylized and realistic which will probably mean it runs well and still looks pretty. I loved hearing seamless world. My concern is if the world feels lifeless like SWTOR did with empty spaces and NPCs just standing there. Either way, looking forward to trying this :-)

There Is Always Hope!

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    My question is: How sure are you those pvp zones won't be forced to pve players?

If it's anything like aion, you'll be forced to go into them to keep on leveling without absurd grinding. Either that or having dungeons in them that can have players camping the entrances.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Kyleran said:
    Onerous monetization practices, hacking, exploits and bugs will likely overshadow any positive features or gameplay this title offers.

Games don't even have a chance when this is the pavlovian response.  Give things a chance.

I self identify as a monkey.

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865

Kyleran said:

So, you play nothing then?
  • azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    edited October 2016
    Saying that the PvP is optional is a bit of a strech...I mean, there are penalties and no real rewards from engaging in random ganking *cough*I mean, open world PvP *cough* but to imply it is avoidable is 100% not true unless you lock yourself sub level 40 forever and miss out on the majority of the game. I really will never understand why these Asian games don't get that the western playerbase has enough *^#$heads playing their games that they will find a way to make it miserable for others simply for the satisfaction of ruining others play experience. PvE servers with (truely) optional PvP flagging would solve this issue - but (especially Asian based) MMO companies know that the PvP servers would eventually fail because, surprise, it is niche - so they have to basically kill off the potential popularity of their game by hoping enough of the P2W PvP whales pay the bills to keep things profitable.
    fodell54 said:

Kyleran said:

So, you play nothing then?
    I play EVE..but pretty much nothing else. (I learned my lesson as an AA founder)

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

mgilbrtsn said:
    Kyleran said:

Games don't even have a chance when this is the pavlovian response.  Give things a chance.
    I'll give it a chance, just not my money.

Hey, these games made me this way, not the other way around.

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    edited October 2016
    DMKano said:
    There is only one reason:

It's a new game to play for 2-6 weeks before moving on to the next new game.

Repeat x infinity
    I would much rather spend that time in a well developed singleplayer rpg than leveling up in a themepark, chasing gear in dungeons just to abandon it for the next one.

Played enough of the 2-6 weeks mmorpg.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Sounds like just another themepark story driven MMO with some side PvP.  Maybe there is much more to this game than the article is touching on?  Seeing as that there are no MMO's coming out anytime soon, I will definitely give it a shot.
  • goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394
    3 of these 5 were about PvP, which is the least important part of a MMORPG with any longevity. If anything, that's turned me off of the game.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Mardukk said:
    Sounds like just another themepark story driven MMO with some side PvP.  Maybe there is much more to this game than the article is touching on?  Seeing as that there are no MMO's coming out anytime soon, I will definitely give it a shot.
    Arent people absolutely bored silly with this formula yet? Story driven themepark is about the last type of game I want to play anymore.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Mardukk said:
    Its not a side of PvP. Its open world, Battle Ground and siege style PvP. They even have Boss fights that have PvP, where you battle for the rights to fight the boss. Its kinda the whole cake. Best part is that the PvE has allot of depth to it as well. Very well rounded game.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited October 2016

Albatroes said:

I'm disappointed in you William. One of those reasons should've been making a loli-looking dolphin thrower that prances around, but I'm guessing that was number 6 on the list!

This game is gonna be so fun! 1 week away guys!

Post edited by Dragnelus on

• lindenmeyerlindenmeyer Member UncommonPosts: 55
    LF key to test it.