Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert: New Player Easy Passive Money Guide

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Comments

• LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648
    So this kind of answers my question about the game economy then... and not in a good way, I'm afraid :(
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    The Way of the Fish grass hopper.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654
    Yep fishing has always been since release an easy money generator.
  • LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Since I've never played the game, I'm not concerned about the fishing part. It's the sudden appearance of a 220,000 gold item in the game that bothers me. Unless everyone is also required to sink that 220,000 into consumable supplies later, this pretty much signals the end of the game's economy.
  • cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445
    New player? There are almost no new players, and the existing ones are leaving to play Legion...
    Cash shop much Trion?
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited September 2016
    Lerxst said:
    Since I've never played the game, I'm not concerned about the fishing part. It's the sudden appearance of a 220,000 gold item in the game that bothers me. Unless everyone is also required to sink that 220,000 into consumable supplies later, this pretty much signals the end of the game's economy.
    The economy is built for big numbers.  Basically a million silver is next to nothing in the game.

Right now they literally give you items worth millions every day just for logging in.

But it doesn't have too much inflation.  Auction house prices are capped and there is a massive tax on thing sold there, as well as consistent repair fees and stuff.  Plus people blow money on upgrading gear only to watch it explode, so there is some removal of silver there too.
  • SharkladySharklady Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Appreciate attempt to make a guide, but you complicate a bit too much. You dont need a boat, there is a hotspot in Velia and you can just stand ashore and fish overnight. Selling to imperial trader can net you 2 millions overnight easily without investing anything.

Btw, 220k is literally peanuts once you get past lvl 30 or so.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I don't know how that guy got so many shards.  I saw one very rarely.  Maybe it has to do with the exact spot he was fishing from?  Do fishing boats matter?  He could have taken a raft out to that island and fished from the island.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    While it is true you can fish from the shore in Velia I do believe you get better catch on the islands. Making a fishing boat is actually quite easy if you have a few workers and get them to gather the resources and craft it in Altanova .

• SharkladySharklady Member UncommonPosts: 15
    kitarad said:
    While it is true you can fish from the shore in Velia I do believe you get better catch on the islands. Making a fishing boat is actually quite easy if you have a few workers and get them to gather the resources and craft it in Altanova .
    I believe that guide is aimed at new players? Gathering mats for a fishing boat is quite a task for a new player, not to mention they hardly know where Altinova is least have visited it and organized workers.
    Mardukk said:
    I don't know how that guy got so many shards.  I saw one very rarely.  Maybe it has to do with the exact spot he was fishing from?  Do fishing boats matter?  He could have taken a raft out to that island and fished from the island.
    Shards are RNG like everything else. However it may sound odd, I get most shards when I change the fishing places. One night I fish in Velia, next one in Heidel, Keplan, then back to Velia rinse and repeat. I have master fisher with +7 epheria rod, I check the "throw away useless items" box and I feed her +fishing whenever I can. I get from 1 to 8 shards during 5-7 hours afk fishing. Other people use other "tricks", but all I managed to gather from talking to them is that it is just a darn RNG no matter what you do.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Are a lot of players leaving their computers on all night to afk fish? 

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756
    edited October 2016
    Lerxst said:
    So this kind of answers my question about the game economy then... and not in a good way, I'm afraid :(
    Why?  first part of the video is selling blackstones WHICH YOU DONT WANT TO DO AS A NEW PLAYER, without them you are not upgrading your gear and there is nothing that you need money for as a new player that is worth selling blackstones,

And the second part is about relic crystal shards and fish which any player can get at the same rate, if he said that you could sell them for 6 millions ea you would say OMG THIS GAME IS BROKEN but 6 million might not be a lot of currency in this game like it normally is in other games, thought of that? 

In BDO its very easy to make money, anything you do can give great profits and is worthwhile to do... but at the same time what is even easier is spending more of that currency than you have, how you use your money is like a feature on itself this is the first game I actually tried to play the auction house and wait on buying items untill they dropped in price.  It will take you a long time to max your gear if you use this method 24/7.