Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please check my list.... Questions for the playerbase

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
some questions to the playerbase, please give an indication on a scale of 1 to 10

1) the game has great story, but are they fairy tales and children stories or dark and dreary like in TSW or SWTOR?
2) is the (solo) Combat at mid to high levels challenging?
3) doesnt fighting normal mobs take to long?
4) are the combat annimations and feel at higher levels fluent?
5) is the community easy accessible and helpfull (eu PC servers)?
6) does questing feel like doing chores or does it feel like being part of the world?
7) how deep and diverse are the classes, does the multiclassing really add depth?
8) does the world feel sparkling and alive?
9) are higher levels zones huge and feel like exciting places to explore?
10) does leveling subclasses still feel rewarding or like a chore?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 398
    1. In between. It is not dark but not Kiddie    5
    2. Depends on your class. The combat is very much like LOTRO, slow with lots of skills.  7
    3. Mobs go down quickly 8
    4. I find the annimations very fluent 10
    5. Community is super helpful. 10
    6. Questing is a chore. The quests can be boring. Tons of Fedex quests. 2
    7. Classes are relativly diverse 7
    8. World is very alive. Lots of small zones though 8
    9. Not great exploring. But not terrible 6
    10. I  like all the classes, leveling a second class is super fast. +100% xp on all classes that are not your main 10
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    5) for me it feels like 3. Nobody chats or reply in general. So ingame a 3 but on reddit I always get answers thats a 9!

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Dragnelus said:
    5) for me it feels like 3. Nobody chats or reply in general. So ingame a 3 but on reddit I always get answers thats a 9!
    Are you playing Playstation or PC?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Bachus why are you interested in a game that came out 2010 and crapped, redone in 2013 ive heard nothing new ?
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Probably worth noting my answers are based on my 1-50 experience, currently wading through the patch content leading up to Heavensward.

1)  It's not quite childish but nowhere near dark as SWTOR at least
    2)  Not particularly, I can't say I've ever really felt challenged solo.
    3)  Early on it can drag a bit but later on I don't notice it taking long
    4)  Kind of, not quite as fluent as say SWTOR or WoW but definitely up there
    5)  I've played on Odin and Moogle both EU servers and would say FF14 has the best community in any MMO I've played since my SWG days on Farstar, there are a lot of helpful players.
    6) Kind of both, you feel a bit like Eorzea's number 1 errand boy but many have you exploring the world.
    7) I only play the melee classes and they all feel significantly different.
    8)  Definitely, day and night cycles with random weather, I've not been this awed by a world since vanilla WoW. 
    9)  Can't talk about the Heavensward zones but the higher level zones say 45-50 feel similar in size to the lower zones.
    10)  Never felt like a chore for me, however I've always enjoyed leveling alts.
    vtravi said:
    1. In between. It is not dark but not Kiddie    5
    2. Depends on your class. The combat is very much like LOTRO, slow with lots of skills.  7
    3. Mobs go down quickly 8
    4. I find the annimations very fluent 10
    5. Community is super helpful. 10
    6. Questing is a chore. The quests can be boring. Tons of Fedex quests. 2
    7. Classes are relativly diverse 7
    8. World is very alive. Lots of small zones though 8
    9. Not great exploring. But not terrible 6
    10. I  like all the classes, leveling a second class is super fast. +100% xp on all classes that are not your main 10
    Thanks for answering mate, was hoping you could answer some follow up questions to the previous ones...

1) but does the story feel epic?
    2) the only class in lotro i really liked was Warden.. because of how fluent it compared to the other classes
    6) as long as they are backed up by lore and story i dont mind a little fedexing...  having fun and challenging combat  can make any fedex quest fun. So again the question how challenging can solo questing be?

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    7) This may the most important thing to me. The rest don't really matter at all. I could do withoutthat stuff completely. 7 brings great pvp.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Given the supposed changes that they are working on towards the new expansion coming out, Stormblood, its honestly hard to give a solid answer to anything class(job)/combat related since there's supposedly core changes happening in those regards. The opinion on the story will be subjective as well, but it deals with both serious issues like politics/moral reasoning and the typical "super evil" stuff. Open world is pretty dead and the questing is meh. If you're looking to start on the EU, I think Odin is the most populated EU server. There is plenty of stuff in the game to keep you busy though.
    Albatroes said:
    Given the supposed changes that they are working on towards the new expansion coming out, Stormblood, its honestly hard to give a solid answer to anything class(job)/combat related since there's supposedly core changes happening in those regards. The opinion on the story will be subjective as well, but it deals with both serious issues like politics/moral reasoning and the typical "super evil" stuff. Open world is pretty dead and the questing is meh. If you're looking to start on the EU, I think Odin is the most populated EU server. There is plenty of stuff in the game to keep you busy though.
    Thats an interesting view, definately something to look in on....

with open world pretty dead, how hard is it to get groups for dungeon/story content while leveling?

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Albatroes said:
    Thats an interesting view, definately something to look in on....

with open world pretty dead, how hard is it to get groups for dungeon/story content while leveling?
    Leveling is pretty akin to WoW for the most part, so you'll probably do a lot of dungeons. Main Story Quests level your first class(job) pretty fast, but alternative stuff will probably be done through instancing to level the fastest. They added something called the Palace of the Dead which you can use to level and make money while also allowing you to experience what classes are like at higher levels since the leveling system inside if separate from outside of it but you get exp for completing set floors.

Can read more about it here: http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Palace_of_the_Dead

Personally, I wouldn't recommend doing it until you hit 30 and unlock your job for the class you picked since you get extra skills only useable by your job and class skills stop at 50, so you wont experience the full thing inside (a little confusing but it gets easy to figure out once you actually do it). The matching for it doesn't use the trinity system and just matches you with whoever is on the same set of floors as you, so queue times are pretty fast. Leveling alt classes seems a little weird at first since you wont have many quests to do but you get bonus exp for leveling other classes that are lower than your highests. So if you have White Mage at 60 then anything under that gets an exp bonus when you level (not off of quests though). The exp bonus is 100% for classes under 50 and 50% for classes from 50-59.