Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard is very fortunate

2»

Comments

• AlmostLancelotAlmostLancelot Member UncommonPosts: 135
    MrSyn said:
    Wow tokens have pretty much made the game B2P for alot of people tho... more so on US server as its half the price to what we EU have to pay and that is still easy to get by just blowing over old cata raids each week for gold on a few characters. Once you have followers 850, you get regular gold mission for 700-900g + 750g bonus and your combat ally can get equipment for like +35g per world quest you do.

Personally i know ive got enough gold to keep the game B2P until i get bored and move on again and i started on a fresh server and characters coming back 2 weeks before legion launched.
    This.

I have over 400 days of time on my account as of today, paid for completely with tokens purchased using ingame gold earned through tradeskills.

The game is essentially free for anyone willing to make a minor effort.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    MrSyn said:
    Wow tokens have pretty much made the game B2P for alot of people tho... more so on US server as its half the price to what we EU have to pay and that is still easy to get by just blowing over old cata raids each week for gold on a few characters. Once you have followers 850, you get regular gold mission for 700-900g + 750g bonus and your combat ally can get equipment for like +35g per world quest you do.

Personally i know ive got enough gold to keep the game B2P until i get bored and move on again and i started on a fresh server and characters coming back 2 weeks before legion launched.
    -Someone is still buying those subs and trading them to you making it still P2P. Otherwise would it be B2P if your mom paid your sub with that logic.

Blizzard couldn't care less who pays for your subscription but that does not change the basic of it's model.

As for Blizzard being lucky, it is more that the game have gotten respect by many players and while it is partly due to old merits they certainly did a lot of things right, enough for still have as many players as it have. You don't get millions of players just with pure luck (of course, getting Kaplan who was untried but have immense talents as lead designer could be called lucky).

Do I think Wow is worth box prices + monthly subs? No, but there are many things I think is worth it's price that others disagree with.People need to decide that for themselves.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,414
    Loke666 said:
    MrSyn said:

-Someone is still buying those subs and trading them to you making it still P2P. Otherwise would it be B2P if your mom paid your sub with that logic.

Blizzard couldn't care less who pays for your subscription but that does not change the basic of it's model.

As for Blizzard being lucky, it is more that the game have gotten respect by many players and while it is partly due to old merits they certainly did a lot of things right, enough for still have as many players as it have. You don't get millions of players just with pure luck (of course, getting Kaplan who was untried but have immense talents as lead designer could be called lucky).

Do I think Wow is worth box prices + monthly subs? No, but there are many things I think is worth it's price that others disagree with.People need to decide that for themselves.
    Agreed, not to mention tokens cost 20$ dont they? So they are actually making more money than before lol.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    edited October 2016
    Kane72 said:
    All constructive comments there thanks (apart from DMKano stating the obvious - is that how you got to so many posts?).

It's also fishing for "agrees" and "awesomes". Guess where the legendary status comes from? ;P

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    edited October 2016
    Volgore said:
    Kane72 said:
    All constructive comments there thanks (apart from DMKano stating the obvious - is that how you got to so many posts?).

It's also fishing for "agrees" and "awesomes". Guess where the legendary status comes from? ;P

Is it? Or was the question simply not worthy of a lengthy response? Frankly I was embarrassed by the length of my response, but already wrote it, so I had to post it :anguished:

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------