Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Companion Re-buff

d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
How are the second round of companion buffs working out now after the huge nerf? Is everyone happy in SWTOR-land now? Did they get the balance right?

Comments

• Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Also curious. I paid for a 3-month sub the day before the nerf went out. And found the game borderline un-playable. It came at a good time though. As it made it easier to sink time into Fallout 4 and dust off some other single player games and mmo's. But, I'm itching to wrap up the current expansion content on my Pyrotech and SinTank. I'll check back on here tomorrow for everyone's opinions. Meanwhile....I need to decide to Witcher, Fallout, Dragon Age, or Pillars of Eternity.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    seems to be working just fine, there is more emphasis now though on levelling your companions influence up, as a level 1 companions are really not all that useful, once they are levelled up they are very effective however.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    They are working great now, not OP as 4.0 and almost perfectly balanced when it comes to healing and tanking. Damage needs a little bit more in my opinion, some of my companions are doing more damage in tank stance than in dps stance, but over all current situation with companion is near perfect. And also as @Phry said, there is more emphasis on influence level now, my influence level 10 classic companions are severely weaker than my influence 30-40 newer ones. 

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

Keldor837 said:
    Also curious. I paid for a 3-month sub the day before the nerf went out. And found the game borderline un-playable. It came at a good time though. As it made it easier to sink time into Fallout 4 and dust off some other single player games and mmo's. But, I'm itching to wrap up the current expansion content on my Pyrotech and SinTank. I'll check back on here tomorrow for everyone's opinions. Meanwhile....I need to decide to Witcher, Fallout, Dragon Age, or Pillars of Eternity.
    Go with Witcher 3 along with it's dlc, the dlc adds a lot of content for only 10$ and is quite nice. And frankly, the game has more boobs and ass a male gamer will ever see in his life, so go for it :P.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    That's encouraging. So we just need to grind gifts. What's the best way to do that? GTN?

• BrorimBrorim Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Keldor837 said:
     And found the game borderline un-playable.
    What ??
    Brorim said:
    Keldor837 said:
     And found the game borderline un-playable.
    What ??
    He means after the nerf, it was not really that kind of unplayable but it was a kick in the nuts to those who were letting their companions solo most of the heroics for them before 4.0 and after 4.0. Well even after buff we can no longer let our companion solo heroics for us but at least now they can keep us alive and stay alive.

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Keldor837 said:
    Its fine now. Hopefully they dont have any more brainfarts anytime soon.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Well I just returned to the game today and the companions are severely Overpowered.  
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • BakgrindBakgrind Member UncommonPosts: 423
    filmoret said:
    Well I just returned to the game today and the companions are severely Overpowered.  
    That's because the companions were only optimized for the new content in KOTFE  . The vanilla part of the game ( levels 1-55 ) take it on the chin by being way to easy with them.  The max levels for a lot of  planets needs to be lowered because of the new companion system so that the game play experience can be more enjoyable.
  • IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    edited October 2016

I started a new trooper a few days ago and have had zero problems if anything the companions are still OP. But pve was never where the companions needed fixing the abuse of bugs with them in pvp was the problem

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    filmoret said:
    Cool a 10 month necro post.
    Maurgrim said:
    filmoret said:
    Cool a 10 month necro post.
    Your so smart.  It still applies or maybe you didn't take the time to read anything.
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    yeah i had the same experience, returned to this game after a very long break and it seems broken with the companions. i don't care that the shit isn't optimized for 1-55, it's pure god mode and IMO breaks the lvl 1-55 solo/heroic content....i literally cannot die.

i went AFK while doing heroics and was getting beat on when i got back. i  sat there for at least 10 minutes and watched my comp never get below 85 or 90% health.

it's a good thing i'm just playing it for the stories i haven't finished yet. 
    baphamet said:
    yeah i had the same experience, returned to this game after a very long break and it seems broken with the companions. i don't care that the shit isn't optimized for 1-55, it's pure god mode and IMO breaks the lvl 1-55 solo/heroic content....i literally cannot die.

i went AFK while doing heroics and was getting beat on when i got back. i  sat there for at least 10 minutes and watched my comp never get below 85 or 90% health.

There's people who don't even bother with gear untill lvl 55 because their companions can just heal them even while using lvl 5 equipment.
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    That has to be s
    filmoret said:
    baphamet said:

There's people who don't even bother with gear untill lvl 55 because their companions can just heal them even while using lvl 5 equipment.
    That has to be slow to kill mob though. 

β€œIt's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin