Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it worth it??

GenetikCodeGenetikCode Member UncommonPosts: 48
Just seen these limited offers going... https://www.blackdesertonline.com/shop/GamePass.html?trcode=A2G030&lang=en&utm_source=24898_&utm_medium=affiliation&utm_campaign=201609-1_valencia_parttwo_affiliation&utm_content=random   
And was wondering if its worth the plunge? I have always wanted to have a go at this due to the reports on here saying its a grind but still a great mmo. But something at the back of my head says no, stick with what you got for the time being cause of all the recent fiasco surrounding this game with the pay to win recently.
Has it all settled down now and everybody has shrugged there shoulders and bit there bottom lip?
Is the game worth this price now?
Am I gonna be shoved with pay to win menu's soon as I step in, cause I dislike like that in a game I have already paid for?
Is the eu servers popular as most twitch feeds are usa servers that I'm seeing?

Thanks for any replys.. this is gonna be a coin toss for me. or should I wait for (could happen) free to play?

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    edited September 2016
    I can only answer from the PvE point of view.

This is a beautiful game that I loved playing because I was immersed in the trading, farming, fishing ,building and money making empire. I started very small with a few workers and grew them to a mini sweat factory owner. Well it was not so bad they had beer and was paid wages by the town the worker came from but I was able to get them to gather,make items and travel to far off places running. 

I had farming plots where I grew plants and harvested them and used them in cooking alchemy and trading. I loved making my new wagons and fishing boats and going off to far away islands and fishing there. I connected nodes and spent my time building up my real estate and becoming a rather prominent trader between the towns and trading posts. I bred horses and enjoyed this game immensely.

Cannot talk about PvP though.
    Chamber of Chains
  • eyesadieyesadi Member UncommonPosts: 56
    While not yet perfect it is the best MMO ever.  I've played them all and this one has managed to best blend EVERYTHING together extremely well.  

I just completed an 8 hour session and never once went out to hunt.  The variety of stuff to do is mind boggling.

You COULD level a toon to 50 and not kill a mob.........

Not that hunting is not fun....it most assuredly is.

And EVERY class is fun to play.

I get sooooooo tired of the pay to win discussions.  Why is it that the most vocal critics of the PTW concept seem to have no problem with the fact they can play 16 hours a day to my normal 2?  Playtime=PTW would be my counter to the simple PTW discussion.   

I guess my most solid argument for BDO is that it's truly a game you can play in many ways, and they are all fun.

And I should also mention it's the prettiest MMO ever.

With the current sale, I say RUN and grab it.  I'll wager you'll get many times your moneys worth.

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    For $10, if it is a game you have been interested in trying, I say it is worth it.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    eyesadi said:
    While not yet perfect it is the best MMO ever.  I've played them all and this one has managed to best blend EVERYTHING together extremely well.  

I just completed an 8 hour session and never once went out to hunt.  The variety of stuff to do is mind boggling.

You COULD level a toon to 50 and not kill a mob.........

Not that hunting is not fun....it most assuredly is.

And EVERY class is fun to play.

I get sooooooo tired of the pay to win discussions.  Why is it that the most vocal critics of the PTW concept seem to have no problem with the fact they can play 16 hours a day to my normal 2?  Playtime=PTW would be my counter to the simple PTW discussion.   

I guess my most solid argument for BDO is that it's truly a game you can play in many ways, and they are all fun.

And I should also mention it's the prettiest MMO ever.

With the current sale, I say RUN and grab it.  I'll wager you'll get many times your moneys worth.

whenever the P2W arguments are made, there is always at least one lame duck that tries to excuse it away because of, but i don't have the time you other people do, so lame, sorry but that argument has always been fail, its just an excuse people use, and totally ignores the fact that the people most likely to spend money are those who spend a lot of time in the game as they have more invested in the game than someone who just pops in for 20 minutes every now and then, if anything, its only a minority of those 'time challenged' players who will spend money as they have much less to gain than others.
    Make no mistake BDO is a game where gear+level will give you a massive advantage over those who have neither, or are lacking in one or the other.
    The reason why the P2W factors in the game benefit the players who play more rather than less, is because you still have to grind mobs to get those levels, and it has to be combat xp, any other type of xp will just mean you have a nerfed character when it comes to combat, as anyone who has played the game will understand.
    Not only that, but the silver gains from selling cash items in the Market, only really benefit those upgrading their gear, not actually buying it, which although it can be done, it would cost $100's to buy already upgraded items.
    If you just want to play the game, and not too bothered about being the best, its worth it, if you want to compete in PVP though, be aware you are going to need your wallet handy. :o
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    edited September 2016
    Unless you're really hurting for money, at $10 I'd say it's worth a shot.
    What @Phry said isn't without its merits though. If you're a highly competitive PvPer, you might find yourself frustrated with the gear and level gap.

Not going to get into the whole P2W debate, since I couldn't care less about it (I chose not to go the PvP route on this game, so... /shrug) but... the game itself pretty much rewards those who put in ridiculous amounts of time. Far more so than games like WoW and SWTOR, which have an easy to reach level cap, and from there on a rather simple gearing treadmill compared to BDO. You will never, ever be equal with a hardcore player who's been there since the very start. Unless he quits*.

There are plenty of good things about the game too of course, otherwise I wouldn't be playing it, but be aware of the above flaw. You know yourself best, what you can live with, and what you can't. @eyesadi pretty much covered most of the good stuff already. :pleased:

* Or people start to actually hit the hard level cap, which I'm not entirely sure is even a thing.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• GenetikCodeGenetikCode Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Ok so mostly in favour then as long I lean away from going the pvp side of the game, thanks for the reply's and il go for it.
  • mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Definitely worth $10 for the amount of game play you'll get for that. This game offers a lot of content and even with the over exaggerated p2w flag everyone likes to tag on games these days pvp is still fun. No different than wow when you run across someone who out gears you. Greedy gear grind mmo's are all alike in that respect. My biggest peeve is the rng upgrade system sucks in any game. BDO for me is the top 5 I still play frequently.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Could buy worse things for 10$
  • protosx01protosx01 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Honest advice, if you want to WASTE your time and money before Revelation Online beta starts then go ahead... if you can wait a little longer then better get the cheapest Revelation online founders pack.

Let me play, if i get convinced then i will surely pay for a founders pack! if a CBT key is hard for you to give for FREE then why should i spend my money just to TEST a FREE TO PLAY game in BETA stage.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    It's worth more than $10 don't hesitate and if you like the things I mentioned you will really like the game honest to goodness.
    Chamber of Chains
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Just seen these limited offers going... https://www.blackdesertonline.com/shop/GamePass.html?trcode=A2G030&lang=en&utm_source=24898_&utm_medium=affiliation&utm_campaign=201609-1_valencia_parttwo_affiliation&utm_content=random   
    And was wondering if its worth the plunge? I have always wanted to have a go at this due to the reports on here saying its a grind but still a great mmo. But something at the back of my head says no, stick with what you got for the time being cause of all the recent fiasco surrounding this game with the pay to win recently.
    Has it all settled down now and everybody has shrugged there shoulders and bit there bottom lip?
    Is the game worth this price now?
    Am I gonna be shoved with pay to win menu's soon as I step in, cause I dislike like that in a game I have already paid for?
    Is the eu servers popular as most twitch feeds are usa servers that I'm seeing?

Thanks for any replys.. this is gonna be a coin toss for me. or should I wait for (could happen) free to play?
    always go with your instincts , yours are telling you NO ...

BDO has good graphics ......................./end
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Is a F2P game worth 10 bucks? 
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    I admit I am starting to get a little bored right now, but I have been playing tons of hours since release. If I quit today it was well worth the money. 
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    Nanfoodle said:
    Is a F2P game worth 10 bucks? 
    BDO has never been free to play.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • GenetikCodeGenetikCode Member UncommonPosts: 48
    well bought it (very cheap) and played,,, and it ain't all that, graphics nice, combat good, but the rest of the game just doesn't click with me, dunno why?  when i look at the BDO icon thinking should give it another go but end up clicking ESO or Tera. Did try again today but was only in for 10 mins and logged out then uninstalled because i knew i wasn't going back.. but thanks anyway for the advice. Think il invest in the Wow addon next.
  • eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Complete waste of money if you are into teamwork and PVP. Teamwork is not allowed by the game, you can't work together on crafting or whatever. The game is mostly about playing single player mini games, "trading" is selling to some NPCs for the prices that the NPCs decide on. PvP has been implemented but is all about gear, player skills rarely matter and open world pvp is nearly non existant ever since Daum/Kakao decided to introduce their anti open world pvp patch.

Most of the ppl left in the game play it for the single player mini games, especially the horse related mini games are popular. If you visit the official forum you will see that there's only one really large thread and that one is on horse breeding.

So if you enjoy single player min games with good graphics, check BDO out, if you play MMOs for the multiplayer part or even PVP, stay away from it as far as you can.
    LFG!