Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com Hoodie Gift Keys!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
edited October 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageMMORPG.com Hoodie Gift Keys!

The Secret World News - MMORPG.com has been given exclusive gift keys for our community that will give you a one of a kind MMORPG.com hoodie to wear in the game. Play The Secret World now with a 10 free trial and show off your new hoodie!

Read the full story here

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited October 2016
    Got mine thanks. Hard to believe this game is around four years old.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Make a real hoodie like that and I'll definitely buy it.
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    Game was never able to hook me, just endlessly re-doing the same zones.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

saker said:

Game was never able to hook me, just endlessly re-doing the same zones.

your point? ur post sounds just like you describe the game imo.
  • AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Forgrimm said:

You don't have to buy it - it's free!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• fearufearu Member UncommonPosts: 288
    All I want to know is have they fixed the animations that make playing with any kind of latency bearable?

This is the only game I get nauseous from but I really wanna play it.
  • blythegablythega Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Wow, look at those in-game models selling the free hoodie .. I'm speechless
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    blythega said:
    Wow, look at those in-game models selling the free hoodie .. I'm speechless
    Not sure what's the issue with that, but here, maybe it's better :lol:

(btw it's the original hoodie, bleached, and with the mmorpg.com logo. Nice for white-themed characters, I think there was no white one before, closest was the light-blue Innsmouth hoodie)
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

Torval said:

Admin said:
    Forgrimm said:

You don't have to buy it - it's free!

I think he may mean actual swag. I was just looking at the Bethesda store at t-shirts running from $10 - $20 and a really cool Aldmeri Dominion hoodie for $68.

Maybe that's a possible revenue option? Sell MMORPG hoodies and t-shirts (maybe other swag like mugs) and maybe for an extra $25 fee someone could have their forum name and/or join date personalized on it.

Sorry for the derail. ~.~

Yes, I was referring to an actual sweatshirt, like the ones that Jinx sells https://www.jinx.com/
  • frikiman77frikiman77 Member UncommonPosts: 2

He tells me that I must first have the game to use the code, but when creating account asks me buy the game to create it, what should I do ????
  • FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    I keep wanting to get into this, but cannot get past the first hour..

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• MalaricMalaric Member UncommonPosts: 11
    10 Free, I though it meant 10 days free trial... Very confusing. Is this 10 days use of a hoodie in a game that costs 30$ to buy? Not really worth an article .. I guess Funcom bought this one in hopes to get someone to buy the game. Oh well...
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited October 2016
    Malaric said:
    10 Free, I though it meant 10 days free trial... Very confusing. Is this 10 days use of a hoodie in a game that costs 30$ to buy? Not really worth an article .. I guess Funcom bought this one in hopes to get someone to buy the game. Oh well...
    Yep, seems they've missed a couple words... :wink:

"Is this 10 days use of a hoodie in a game that costs 30$ to buy?"  No, it's an unlimited use of a hoodie in a game that has a 10 days trial with an offer to subscribe during that 10 days (even for 1 month) and then you get the game too - so in this sense it costs $15. But also just a couple days ago there was a sale, where it costed near $10.

"I guess Funcom bought this one in hopes to get someone to buy the game." I guess it was either mutual, or more on mmorpg.com's side for getting more users, based on that you can't find this giveaway at FC... at all. Not a single word about it. (*) Which is odd, because it really could be a nice marketing tool. The link was posted a couple times on chat, but that's obviously for people already in the game... :wink:

He tells me that I must first have the game to use the code, but when creating account asks me buy the game to create it, what should I do ????
    If you try to create the account from the account page, then yes, it will ask for a game code.
    If you don't have the game yet, you should create a trial account here https://play.thesecretworld.com/  (it only needs a mail address). Then you can use the instructions with the account page (register.etc etc page, enter hoodie key). The account will be open for 10 days, without any other limitations.
    (made a lengthy post about the trial when they introduced it, you can check it in the TSW section for the details. The tl;dr version is that it's the limitless base game, with a 10 days counting till lockdown)

(*) edit: actually I've found it on FC's main twitter (so not on TSW), and it's just a re-tweet of mmorpg.com.
    Post edited by Po_gg on
  • KimoKimo Member UncommonPosts: 62
    edited October 2016
    This will go nice with my MMORPG.com T-Shirt from the beta/launch. :) Thanks for the key!